Wedding cakes

DisneyDayDreamer

Earning My Ears
We are going to be at WDW 12/1-8 for our 1st anniversary. We honeymooned at WDW last year. I was wondering if any of you who've had your wedding at Disney (or anyone for that matter) would know if I can purchase a replica of our wedding cake. To make a long story short, our reception hall did not keep the top of our cake, and I'd really like the tradition of sharing a piece on our first anniversary, even if it isn't the 'original'. Do you think it can be ordered? Who should I call to find out? Guest Services? We'll be staying at AKL when I'd like to have it delivered.

Any ideas on this? Thanks for your help!

:)

I bet if you called Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings, they could point you in the right direction.
Their # is (407) 828-3400

HTH!

You can also try calling the hotel, their restaurant may be able to accomodate you too! We were quite surprised the Yacht Club Illuminations Cruise was able to order a cake from their convention catering for our first anniversary. You can also try making the request to the restaurant you are having your special anniversary dinner at, they can also assist. Don't forget to let everyone know on your trip you are celebrating, we were very surprised for our 5th anniversary dinner at the Coral Reef in EPCOT they brought a special cake and chocolate to us!

Yes, you can!!

I am doing this for our trip over Christmas. We were married at WDW on 8/24/01. As a surprise, I am taking John back to Disney for Christmas (12/19-12/25). Our 4 Month Anniversary is Christmas Eve, and so I am having a small replica of our wedding cake delivered to our room at the Polynesian Concierge. It is $45 + tax, and is 6" with the flavors (white cake with white chocolate mousse filling and buttercream frosting) and presentation of our wedding cake (Destination Castle Cake).

For $320 + tax, you could have a 2-tier Wedding Cake with a small White Chocolate Cinderella's Castle.

You need to contact the Grand Floridian Bakery to place the order. I don't have the number - I placed my request through my Wedding Coordinator at Disney - but I am sure if you call the Grand Floridian resort, they will give you the number for the bakery.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks everyone for the information! My parents surprised us with a small replica of our wedding cake, so I decided not to order one at Disney. I did call CA Grill and order a cake for our anniversary dinner though.

I really appreciate everyone's help!

Michelle, your wedding photos are BEAUTIFUL! Congrats, and have a great trip to Disney. Wait till you see how fast your first anniversary comes...I can't believe it's been a year for us already!:)

Great info about the wedding cake! My husband and I will be celebrating my parents' 30th wedding anniversary (and come to think of it, our 6 month anniversary December 25 is 6 months + one year of marriage) so I'm getting a cake!!!!!!!!!! With a Cinderella Castle cake top for us all!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you tons!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!