wedding guest etiquette question

Is a white blouse appropriate wedding attire?

• Yes

Votes: 50 70.4%
  • no

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • maybe

Votes: 10 14.1%

• Total voters
Doesn't everyone wear red to a funeral?!?

I just don't know whose it will be.
I know this is off topic a little but my Grandmother did wear a red dress to my Grandfather's funeral. It was at his request because he always loved her in red. She said she felt strange and knew people would wonder why but she promised him that she would.

for this, I have heard people say not to wear a white dress to a wedding, just because it helps the bride stand out, but I never thought of a problem with a white blouse or anything like that.

Really? I can’t understand why anyone would be bothered by this.

One of my best friend’s mother wore a wedding-looking dress (off white with full skirt/train) to her wedding. She actually changed into it right at the last minute and walked down the “aisle” (outdoor wedding) right before my friend. That was certainly ridiculous and a very obvious “desperate for attention” move. But a white jacket or shirt I can’t see any issue with.
Ok, I'll bite. Why?

I've always read and been told that you do not wear white to someone else's wedding, simple as that. Proper wedding etiquette.

I think the style of top and slacks is fine however I would not wear a predominately white outfit to a wedding.

I’m far from clothing police and am generally, “wear whatever you want” but I was at a wedding Saturday and when the groom’s grandmother walked down the aisle in dark slacks and a long flow white lace top it stuck out to me. I’ve also seen several photos already and think it would have been better had she worn any other color.

I think the style of top and slacks is fine however I would not wear a predominately white outfit to a wedding.

I’m far from clothing police and am generally, “wear whatever you want” but I was at a wedding Saturday and when the groom’s grandmother walked down the aisle in dark slacks and a long flow white lace top it stuck out to me. I’ve also seen several photos already and think it would have been better had she worn any other color.
That I can understand not to wear a white top. If you are going to be in any formal pictures with the bride then I would say don't do it either.

Doesn't everyone wear red to a funeral?!?

I just don't know whose it will be.
Practically everybody wore red to a funeral I attended on Saturday. It had been requested because it was the deceased favourite colour. The few that didn’t actually stood out. I may request to be dressed in red for my own funeral - it’s a great colour on me!
I don't get the "mistaken for bride's attire" thing.

If a guest doesn't know who the bride is and has to assume based on dress, should they even be at the wedding?

Who's going to get confused about who the bride is?
:cheer2: I know, right?!? You win the DIS today, or at least this thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!