Wedding numbers

mumsy1955

DISNEY FAN
Anyone had only a small number of people at their wedding (7) in total.Did you have celebration when you returned home for people who couldn't make the wedding?

We had 10 total, no home reception but we live across the country from most of our families so we would have had to travel to them for our “at home” reception

We originally planned to, but ended up not doing it. Family is important to us, but we're not subscribers to the "everyone you have a cursory blood relation to you should be invited to something, even if it's an after the fact party."

Life moved on. Everyone who wanted to see us, saw us at a big housewarming bash we held when we bought our house not horribly long after.

We were going to do it for my husband's huge family that didn't attend our small (13 guests) wedding but eventually my mother-in-law told me to forget about it so I did. We gave the families photo books that got shown around during their big (50ish) family Christmas so that worked out well. My biggest concern was that I didn't want people to think it was a gift-grab when in fact it was the farthest thing from it - I didn't want any gifts at all as we'd already bought our house before the wedding and it was full to the brim with "stuff" already!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter