Wedding Shows

KnightsQwn

Mouseketeer
Question:

Have you been to one (or more) and are they helpful?

I do not want to waste my time and admission money.

I have been to several and if you are not sure about venues or do not know any DJ companies or bands in your area then they can be helpful. There is always a large selection of florists and caterers and bakers and videographers and photographers and limo services and estheticians (sp?). If you do not have any definite plans as to who is going to provide your services then it can be a HUGE help. If you have already chosen everything don't waste your money although I really enjoy seeing the fashion shows and looking at other ideas. My only recommendation if you decide to go is only go to those in your immediate area because if you fall in love with something you cannot get it will only be upsetting.

Limmer gave some great advice! And I agree with her, if you have most things planned, don't bother.

I went to two, both early in my planning. I found my photographer at the first one. Other than that, I was doing the rest of the stuff (food, flowers, decorating) myself. The most helpful part for me was to wander around and look at all the decorations. We got some great ideas on how to decorate this way.

I also won some freebies by going. I got $50 off my photographer through a drawing (not a lot but every bit helps!). I won invitations from a tux shop (I took the credit instead of the invitations they offered and was able to get beautiful invites for cheap!). They drew names from the forms that were submitted. I won a $50 GC for Gordon Food (a bulk food place). And I won $25 GC for a party store, where I got our plates and napkins.

If you do go, get pre-printed address labels w/your name, phone number, addy and wedding date on them!! I printed them off my computer with labels from the office stores. There are *so* many things to sign up for and it takes forever to fill out all the forms. I was skipping it by the end of the second one because I was so over filling it out!

I agree Dopeygirl. Sign up for every draw. 2 years ago my best friend's sister won her entire wedding FREE. She won the caterer, her dress, her girls dresses, the photographer, invites, flowers, DJ and a hall. Not too shabby!

They are helpful in the beginning. If your aura doesn't permit you to win stuff (and mine doesn't), the drawings are worthless. I never won anything except a trip to Hawaii that turned out to be a time share/cookware scam. They managed to get some serious money out of us so I would say "Use your brain and don't fall for anything" if you go to any presentations like that. The shows are good for getting coupons for tuxes, dresses and finding makeup artists (if you need one) or getting ideas (if you don't need one). The biggest thing was how overwhelming everything was. The ones here in Dallas were pretty big and I had to sit down and just breathe for a minute before I started looking. If you decide to go, let us know what you find!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter