• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wedding Vow Renewal at Hilton Head DVC

brutuspomp

Earning My Ears
My parents, who are DVC members, are taking all of their children and grandchildren to Hilton Head in August 2006 to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary. There will be 8 adults and 5 children staying in a 3 bedroom villa. Me and my sisters would like to surprise our parents with a wedding vow renewal ceremony. Has anyone ever done this, or know where to get information on how to plan it? Thanks.

Do your parents belong to a certain denomination of church? I could send you the yellow pages of the HH phone book that lists all the churches and phone numbers. Or maybe you are wanting to do something at the resort? Or on the beach? There are several different scenarios, if you give more details I might be able to give you some ideas. I also know a non-denominational pastor there that would probably be willing to do a vow renewal for your parents. He's very nice, on the younger side, fairly traditional, lives just off island in Bluffton.

We are all Catholic and would like to do something at the resort, preferably on the beach at sunset. Since there is only 13 of us, it will be a small ceremony. Should I contact the resort? If so, do you have a phone number? Thank you so much for your suggestions.

Disney HH resort: 843-341-4100

Holy Family Catholic Church, on island at Pope Ave: 843-785-2895

St. Gregory the Great: off island, very large, tons of programs for all ages: 843-815-3100

I watched a small ocean wedding performed at Sea Pines this summer. They set up chairs and a small gazebo. It was neat, but there were also all the people at the beach in bathing suits watching (and I for one was trying to stay out of the wedding photos!).

The resort could probably help you with: chairs, where to get small bouquet, a cake. You might even be able to use the room at the beach house and have it set up for just you guys, but that might also be overkill for 13 people (not sure about the charge for this either). Perhaps you could do the ceremony overlooking the marsh at the DVC resort, then back to your GV for cake and a champagne toast. Another option: dinner at one of the many restuarants at Shelter Cove afterwards. You could also use this vow renewal opportunity to take a set of professional family photos on the beach; my extended family did this last summer and it turned out great! Getting a priest might be more difficult if it's not in the actual church and if you don't belong to that particular parish. You'll have to call and ask. Again, the resort might be able to help you with some other names.

Hope it works out!

Tommy - a HH expert on our DVC boards - signed his marriage license in Disney's Beach House at HH. There's a picture on the bottom of his home page:

http://www.members.tripod.com/~ttowery/

I'm sure if you contact him, he could help, as well.

I could be wrong, but I think Tommy actually got married at the Beach House too. He would be the one I asked.

remember the sun come up at HH.

so a sunrise cermony might be better - of course there is that darn problem of getting up in the dark....

hope you and your sisters not to mention your parents have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter