Week After XMAS - When to Book?

keepswimming76

Mouseketeer
We're considering our first family trip to UO, sometime between Christmas and New Years.

For hotels on property, when would be smart to book? We're not fully committed to the trip but I worry about not getting the hotel or room we might want, considering it is such a busy week. I'd like to wait a month, possibly two if possible to figure out our best air fare options, which would dictate which days we travel.

I'm leaning towards RP but might go with Cabana Bay (and purchase Express Pass separately).

From what I've read here it also seems like it's best to to just book the hotel on its own, and figure out tickets later from Undercover Tourist, or someone else? I'm thinking we would need 3 days that week (park to park) to ensure we get to experience everything without it turning into a death march.

Thanks for your help!

Book the hotel soon, prices will probably go up eventually, and the deposit is fully refundable up to 6 days out. You could even book at each hotel and/or a few dates and just cancel extras when you've decided. I'd be inclined to think increasing hotel prices might outdo airfare variations during that busy time.

You can figure out and buy tickets at any time; they're unrelated to the hotel.

How many in your party? Express Passes are more expensive for busier times, so with more than 2 people and many times even with just 2 people, the deluxe hotel EP is more cost eeffective.

Actually, they already have express pass prices up through the end of the year, so you can check that part out now.

There will be four of us and Express Passes seem to be at least $126 a day that week! Sounds like RP is the way to go.

Thank you for your help.

So excited I just needed to share. We booked! Actually decided to stay at HRH. We will be there from 12/25 to 12/31. I have just five months now to figure out a plan of action for our days in the parks. :surfweb:

Yay!! :cool1:Good that you booked now! You'll love HRH!! It's our favorite. With unlimited express pass and being so close to the parks, you will do so much even during that busy time! I can't think of a better way to spend Christmas week!!:thumbsup2

Please come back and tell us about your trip!

we stayed at RPR from 28 to 31 December last year. Express pass definitely helps. We went one day, early entry to get to the most popular rides without as many crowds. By 10 or so am, Mummy's express was 60 minutes. Now granted, the stand by was 2 hours, but whoa. We also ate at the quick service places when they first opened, and made advanced reservations for our table service meals. But using the walking path or boat security is a game saver, as well as sending packages back to the room. It was like a sea of people when the parks closed, in CityWalk, but we love that time of year. Everything is open, and decorated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!