Week before or week of Memorial Day?

KathyTbell

Mouseketeer
Hi, We are starting to plan a WDW vacation. Due to my work schedule, I can only take off four days either leading up to OR after Memorial Day. I know the weekend days will be crowded (we can't avoid that) - but I need help deciding whether to visit the Tues - Fri before Memorial Day OR the Tues - Fri the week of Memorial Day. Which would be better in terms of lower crowds?

I haven't been the week before, but I went from the Saturday before until the Sunday after in 2017. Saturday and Sunday were pretty crowded, but the actual Memorial day crowd wasn't bad and the crowds that whole week weren't bad for us. It was the weekend that Pandora opened and DD and I rode FOP three times without FP the week after and never waited more than an hour. Not sure about the week before, but I would definitely recommend the week after.

The week before. We're going then, too, and all the crowd calendars I've looked at have higher crowds after Memorial Day, I think because that's the end of the school year for some schools.

We went the week before a few years ago. It was very nice then. So many kids are still in school so crowds were not as bad. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter