Week in February question?????

CaptainEIEIO

Even if you choose not to decide you still have ma
I plan our family's Disney trips. We always go in the winter because we live in Iowa and like going to Southern California where its nice and warm. I have noticed in years past that in February the parks always close around 8 or so, with a few exceptions here and there like weekends. Except for the 3rd week of February. For the third week for the last 3 years they have always stayed open until 10 - 12 pm. Is there a reason for this? Is it a special week or something that I may need to be aware of so the parks will be more than normally packed than usual for February?

We want to get as much time in the parks as possible but don't want to go if it going to be packed for some special event, we would go the week before and accept the earlier closing times.

Both the above posters are correct. It is a holiday weekend and many local schools have the whole week off. That combination makes for a busy week at DLR. Keep an eye on the refurb schedule (which can add rides and attractions at short notice) for your trip dates. And also watch the entertainment schedule. During the off season, nighttime entertainment (F! and fireworks) usually runs on weekends only. WOC should run nightly, unless it is down for a refurb.

Thanks everyone, I was aware that we can run into refurbs, we have lived with that in the past but have actually gotten pretty lucky as we go every couple years and are use to going this time of year. Looks like we may chose the earlier closing hours over the later hours but more people by the sound of things, were older now anyway and the longer hours may not be as doable. Thanks again, I knew I would get quick accurate responses here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter