Weekday or weekend in March?

CallieMar

DIS Veteran
Hello! My parents, DH and myself will be traveling to Paris for a week in March 2019 - our first trip! We would be planning one day in DLP and would be traveling to and from our apartment in the 11th arr. This is very different from how we usually do Disney (only one day?? not staying within walking distance???), but as much as we love Disney as DLR AP holders, this trip is first and foremost about Paris itself, and if we can fit in DLP then that is icing on the cake. It's still possible we leave it out entirely this time but it would be nice to just get a taste!

We will be in Paris Friday to Friday. Arriving on the Eurostar from London where we will have been for a week, so jet lag is not an issue. We will also have the 6 day Paris Museum Pass so need to take that into consideration when trying to juggle our itinerary. Looking at historical March hours, would it be worth it to go on a Saturday (our first full day) for slightly longer hours, or go on a weekday (preferably Monday or Tuesday when some museums are closed)? We are not ride junkies, really just want to soak up the ambience, go on the rides exclusive to Paris and maybe hit a few favorites if we have time.

Thanks!

Definitely weekday - a Monday or Tuesday in the parks will be very quiet and I can pretty much guarantee you'll see more than you would on a Saturday even with longer opening hours. Saturdays are, obviously, extremely busy as people come for the day or weekend from all over Europe.
If it's about seeing the detail of the park, quieter is best!
You haven't asked about trying to do both Disney parks but given what you've said about your priorities I'd suggest maybe missing the Studios and just going to the main park.

Definitely weekday - a Monday or Tuesday in the parks will be very quiet and I can pretty much guarantee you'll see more than you would on a Saturday even with longer opening hours. Saturdays are, obviously, extremely busy as people come for the day or weekend from all over Europe.
If it's about seeing the detail of the park, quieter is best!
You haven't asked about trying to do both Disney parks but given what you've said about your priorities I'd suggest maybe missing the Studios and just going to the main park.

Thanks! Monday seems to work the best for us right now so I will slot it in for then. Bonus is that it’s mini pricing! The only ride of interest to us in the Studios is Ratatouille. It seems really cool but I don’t know if it’s worth hopping over just for that.

Depends, are you not a ride junkie because you like other things better or because your body can't handle it? I can handle each coaster in each Disney park, but Ratatouille makes me nauseous. If you are prone to motion sickness, I would advise to skip Ratatouille. And if you are an ambience person, Disneyland Park is definitely the place to be.

Depends, are you not a ride junkie because you like other things better or because your body can't handle it? I can handle each coaster in each Disney park, but Ratatouille makes me nauseous. If you are prone to motion sickness, I would advise to skip Ratatouille. And if you are an ambience person, Disneyland Park is definitely the place to be.

I enjoy the bigger rides, my DH and parents do not, and with limited time I am ok with skipping them unless it’s convenient while they take a break. I prefer spending time together enjoying the details and the gentler rides rather than running all over to ride all the coasters. Dad is prone to motion sickness too. Sounds like it will be easier to skip. DH and I hope to do another trip in the future with more time dedicated to DLP so we’ll just have to wait til then!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter