Weekend/Week After Thanksgiving - Crowds?

becka

<font color=green>Proud Mommy of sweet Nathan and
I was looking at the calendar and this year Thanksgiving is on November 27th. How will the crowds be that following weekend (Nov 29-30) into the next week (December 1-5)?

We are arriving on Nov. 28th and staying until Dec. 5th. I have heard that the crowds will be light. I can't wait to see all the X-mas decorations!!:D

You guys will have a great time if you go then!!

I arrived at WDW the day after Thanksgiving last year and stayed for the following week. The parks were pretty crowded Friday & Saturday, but began to thin out on Sunday and Monday. I will go through my stuff and see if I can find the park hours for that time and make another post here. There is a decline in the park hours, especially at the MK, since MVMCP starts that week. I found that going to the parks on the Magic Hour days, spend the morning there, then take a break in the afternoon and then went to a different park. I found that it definitely broke up the day and the crowds. The only downside is Spectro is only shown on Saturdays, so you may want to keep that in mind. Make sure you take time to visit the resorts to view the decorations. The Polynesian, Floridian & Wilderness Lodge are simply beautiful (very, very little at the Contemporary) and don't forget the EPCOT resorts. This trip, I hit AK at EE and since the crowds were light, took my time and walked completely around the Tree of Life to look at all the different animals. There was no one behind the tree and you could hear the music playing softly in the background. Anyway, I found the crowds doable during the week and more crowded at the MK on Saturdays. Will try and get that info posted for you as soon as I can.

Found the sheet that had the park hours for the first 2 weeks of December. Am trying to find the one's for the end of November. Here ya go!

Magic Kingdom:
1-3: 9-6
4: 9-7
5-6: 9-6
7: 9-10
8-10: 9-6
11: 9-7
12-13: 9-6
14: 9-10
15: 9-6

EPCOT:
Future World: 12/1-15: 9-7
World Showcase: 12/1-15: 11-9:30

MGM:
1-13: 9-7
14: 9-7:30
15: 9-7

Animal Kingdom:
1-15: 10-5

Typhoon Lagoon was closed for refurbishment & BB's hours were 10-5.

Hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

Hi

We are also arriving on the 28th and staying til the 5th of December. we did this last year as well. It was awesome.

Anyhow...I have a question about AK. We were thinking of doing AK on Saturday. Do you know what the crowds are like in that park that weekend?

We will probably do MK at night just for the parades. We have seen it before so it doesnt matter if we get a great view or not, we may ride the rides instead.

Thanks.

...and I've been worried to death about going to Epcot on Sat. 11/29! :confused: I just hate the thought of visiting during a holiday weekend, but it will be our 1st full day there, and then we will leave on 11/30 for our cruise. So, we just HAVE to visit 1 of the parks!! ;) Here's hoping there won't be many people there...

I wouldnt worry much about Epcot. It is so large, that you seldom run into a crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter