• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wegoshop.com question

officer tigger

DIS Veteran
How far in advance do you need to send them your request? Also, do you need to call, fax, either or.....does it matter?

Any comments on the process and experience would be great

Dave

I used their website.

they are getting more popular. so I would do it at 2 weeks if you can.

just so they can work you in - if you don't heard back from them soon - then call them.

they were having a problem working me in - I just changed the deliver time to 7pm from 5pm and it was fine.

they might need to change something - deliver time or even day - they are getting to be that busy.

I would book as soon as you're sure you're going to use their service. They take reservations first come first serve. You can always adjust your order, getting the spot is the important thing.

Explain the entire process if you could. Do you have to join or do anything like that? Is there a shopping list you check off? Can you order specific brands?

no shopping list.

but they definitely like details

Peter pan peanut butter - instead of peanut butter

I have food allergies - so they are wonderful.

I know what brands I can get and which I can't.

they got exactly what I say - no changes - it was wonderful!!!

you don't have to join anything.

just fill our their order form. You need to know exactly what you want. so on your next trip to the grocery store write down what you are buying in detail.

What is the delivery charge? Trying to decide if it's worth using them for our trip in 2 weeks.

Thanks for the info, Spicey! I too have food allergies, so I am a label reader. The only problem is if the brand I am used to is not available down there.

I am so lucky - there is a local Publix.

what one Publix carrieds the other can get.

send me an email and maybe I can prepare your list.

but this only works if you intend to use Publix. I can't help with the Walmart or other grocery stores.

they will shop where you send them.

spiceycat said:
$20 plus tip - the tip is up to you.

Check its website for details on charge. My recollection is the fee is based on the dollar amount of your total grocery order.

Scotch said:
Check its website for details on charge. My recollection is the fee is based on the dollar amount of your total grocery order.
I remember my delivery charge as being less than the $20 mentioned, so I think you are correct about it's being based on your total. We used them in June and it was wonderful. I got pretty much everything I asked for. They did tell me that with DME being so popular they were really busy. All those people that used to use a towncar service with a grocery stop are now using DME, so need to get groceries a different way.
Yes, it took a bit more thought and time to make out my shopping list but I was able to ask for smaller sizes this way. They were on-time with delivery. Love this company!!

We used wegoshop this last trip and they were wonderful. We will use them again even if we have a car or use a town car. It was just that easy. The owner was very nice. He said business has gone up 400% since DME. His wife can now stay home full time with their 2 year old.
We put in our order about a week before the delivery. We were told it would be between 6:30-7:30. He was there at 6:35.

Thanks for responding with some helpful info

We are not leaving until Dec. 4 for our trip. Does that mean I should call now and reserve a time slot. Then send my list before we leave?

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter