• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weighing too often?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I just want to know if anyone else has had this problem. I seem to be addicted to weighing myself since I started trying to lose weight. I weigh myself every day, at least. Will it help my weight loss if I just put the scale out of the way somewhere so I can weigh myself only once a week? And I especially want to know, is anyone else familiar with this compulsion to constantly weigh yourself?

I'm drawn to that scale too! I weigh every day. I dont know if its a bad thing, so far it's always been the same or lower, so I figure it's alright to weigh every day. If I showed a gain, I'd probably stay off it for a few days to keep from being discouraged.

The scale scares me. I try to stay away because I usually get depressed when I do get on it.

Try putting the scales out of the way. I have a doctor's set of scales so there in my lanurdry (sp) room in the corner. I see them and I'm not tempted to jump on because I know if i wait I'll see a fraction of difference with those scales. Even a quarter of a lb I'll know which is really encouraging for me. My first weight in is tomorrow and I'm excited. Although I'm walking on the treadmill I worry my fat lost will be muscle gained and i want see that big first week drop i'm use to. You know the 5 lbs wow! drop.

Good luck PartyofSix, hope you get to see that "WOW" loss tomorrow.

I refuse to weigh myself more often than once per week because I have this problem with retaining fluid and sometimes I will gain as much as 10 pounds over night. Menopause, you know :rolleyes: If I got on those scales everyday the up and down would make me crazier than I already am ;)

Katholyn

I want to mention one thing about weighing at home.....my second week at WW, I GAINED .4 LBS and I KNEW that I followed the diet! On my scale at home that morning, I dropped weight but by the evening, I HAD GAINED! It was very scary but I knew I had followed the program (I believe the weight gain was hormonal). The following week I LOST 4.5 LBS!!! which is alot for me. So bottom line......weighing in at home helped me keep my sanity that week.

Hi all! I am here to rock the boat a little. I THINK WEIGHING OFTEN IS A GOOD THING! At least it is for me. My scale is my measure. I get on it every morning before my shower and every night before bed. I know that my weight fluctuates during certain times of the month or after a big meal, or a day with little water. I learned all that by jumping on the scale twice a day. I like it when I know I ate too much that day, but exercised extra that the scale recognizes the exercise part LOL! I use my clothes fitting as a measure too and the way my face looks. But my scale is my best measure. S

I weigh myself everyday too. I think it helps me to stay motivated. Even when my weight stays the same. Just knowing I didn't gain any helps me keep me on my diet :D . And when I lose it really motivates me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter