Weight Loss at Walt Disney World?

Red Sox Idiot

#1 Illinois Red Sox Fan!!!!!!!!!
I have been a avid dieter in the past losing 95 pounds... In 4 short months I have gained 15-20 pounds back... My question to you DIS'ers is how much weight have you lost during your vacation at WDW? I also intend to eat pretty well while I am on vacation :thumbsup2

First of all, congrats on the weight loss!

I tend to lose 3-5 lbs during a week's trip to WDW. Being hot and thirsty and drinking lots of water makes me lose my appetite!

Same here I lost just over 5lbs when we went--All that walking also helps!!

ETA: We also purchased the DDP so we ate very well!

I go when it's not hot, but I still tend to lose a couple of pounds, and we eat very well.

tink1978 said:
I go when it's not hot, but I still tend to lose a couple of pounds, and we eat very well.
I will be at WDW this upcoming Tues, Wed, and Thursday during hot season! :cool1:

We just came back (July 14-17). We were on the DP, and I gained 5 lbs. :sad2:

We even walked from BW to MGM one morning, and it was SO hot during our trip. :rolleyes:

I'm happy for you all but after losing 23 pounds before going to Disney ... I ate way tooo much & even though I WALKED alot ... there was a gain (I think like 5 pounds). Those desserts were TOO good to pass up! (OK, maybe it was 6 pounds) :guilty:

Ooo DisneyMama posted while I was posting mine sooo ... I am NOT the only one!

It's a lot of walking, you'll usually do a few miles per day. So if you do happen to splurge and eat a nice Mickey ice cream or get one of the yummy desserts at the restaurants, you'll walk (and sweat, if you go during a hot month) it all off the next day.

Congrats on the weight loss!! :cheer2:

SnwflkCts said:
I'm happy for you all but after losing 23 pounds before going to Disney ... I ate way tooo much & even though I WALKED alot ... there was a gain (I think like 5 pounds). Those desserts were TOO good to pass up! (OK, maybe it was 6 pounds) :guilty:

Ooo DisneyMama posted while I was posting mine sooo ... I am NOT the only one!

I'm glad I'm not the only one, too! :goodvibes

I think it all depends upon how much you walk, how many buffets you go to, and whether you rent an ECV.

Dh and I usually lose between5 - 10 lbs. We don't skimp on meals. I think it's the walking and we tend to eat more salads and fruit when there.

Mickey1122 said:
I think it all depends upon how much you walk, how many buffets you go to, and whether you rent an ECV.

We did loads of walking. We walked to MGM. No ECV's. We also did not do any buffets.

I swear I eat everything in sight when we are on vacation in Disney World!! I never loose weight while I am there! Even in the heat of August, I always come back a few pounds heavier :) And I am ok with that! How often can you go to Disney and enjoy all that yummy food! It's worth every pound I gain!! Thats why it's called a vacation!!!! :cool1:

Another gainer here. I tend to eat things I wouldn't at home and we eat at later hours too. If we didn't walk so much I would come homing 20 pounds heavier instead of 5. :teeth:

I usually either break even or gain just a couple...never loose any. You'd think all that walking would knock off about a hundred pounds!

willis37862 said:
I tend to eat things I wouldn't at home and we eat at later hours too.

WHAT?! You don't eat funnel cakes, Dole Whips, churros and Mickey ice cream bars on a daily basis at home? What is wrong with you? ;)

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :happytv:

OH and don't forget the CREME BRULEE!!!! :goodvibes

disneymama73 said:
WHAT?! You don't eat funnel cakes, Dole Whips, churros and Mickey ice cream bars on a daily basis at home? What is wrong with you? ;)

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :happytv:

OH and don't forget the CREME BRULEE!!!! :goodvibes
:rotfl: There is a lot wrong with me but thats another post.
I do eat that stuff at home :teeth: but if I put it away like I do on vacation I wouldn't be able to walk and I would have to get a :moped: (been looking for a reason to use this :) )

I worried about gaining weight before our first trip, but even with the dining plan... and all that god-awful taffy from the main street candy joint... and the butter-slathered tonga toast... and the two helpings of coconut tiramisu at Boma... and the two helpings of the bread pudding dessert at Ohana... as well as the 14 honey-coriander wings I put away... and the Dole Whip Floats... and the chocolate coated mickey crispies... and the entire filet with cream cheese mashed potatoes at Le Cellier... and the cheese soup... I still managed to lose a couple of pounds. Clearly, I live in a world with a benevolent God... :rotfl:

The fine print: I ran 5 miles each morning around Ft Wilderness! Otherwise... balloonage!

:beach:

Congratulations on your weight loss - that's great. I always lose weight on vacation - typically 3-5 in a week. The most was 12 lbs when we went to China for 2 1/2 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter