Weight loss/maintenance/healthy living support chat

Yes, purple is appealing! I am just doing it online. I keep thinking about meetings, but I think I will try them when I start feeling less motivated and need a boost.

Good luck! I hope it works for you!!

I'm on WW blue and it works very well for me. I've always loved my fruits and vegetables as well as chicken and eggs (all zero), but I've had to learn to love plain, fat free yogurt and to eat far fewer carbs than I used to. Portion control has been a major key for me. I learned that I was eating reasonably well (except for my snacking) but my portions were out of control. I used to have a big bowl of pasta and now have a 1 cup portion. I used to have a large piece of meat and now have 3-5 ounces. I had to recognize that zero point foods still have calories and so I can't load up on them and expect to lose even if my points say otherwise. It's a bit of a trial and error process, even now 2 years and 135 pounds lost into the process.

I'm on WW blue and it works very well for me. I've always loved my fruits and vegetables as well as chicken and eggs (all zero), but I've had to learn to love plain, fat free yogurt and to eat far fewer carbs than I used to. Portion control has been a major key for me. I learned that I was eating reasonably well (except for my snacking) but my portions were out of control. I used to have a big bowl of pasta and now have a 1 cup portion. I used to have a large piece of meat and now have 3-5 ounces. I had to recognize that zero point foods still have calories and so I can't load up on them and expect to lose even if my points say otherwise. It's a bit of a trial and error process, even now 2 years and 135 pounds lost into the process.

Wow! That's an amazing weight loss! Well done!

Portion control is important for me as well. I find that when I eat healthy meals within my plan, it is so much easier to feel full with smaller portions.

Wow! That's an amazing weight loss! Well done! Portion control is important for me as well. I find that when I eat healthy meals within my plan, it is so much easier to feel full with smaller portions.

Thanks! It was hard work reversing many decades of bad eating habits but I am so glad I finally got my act together. Downside is all of the loose skin but I'd rather be jiggly and healthier at 62 than fat and unhealthy. Good luck on your plan!

How is everyone doing?

I finally got myself to healthier stage, 10 months of my life gone due to long covid but I am not going to give out about it!

I lost 12lbs since the begging of the year, very happy happy with that. I have been doing walk at home daily, outdoor walks, small calorie reduction and short strength workouts - like 15 minutes upper body weights today. I also stopped eating after dinner and trying to be moderate with my calories - shooting for about 2000 calorie daily with small but consistent deficit.

Hope you are all keeping healthy

I haven't been able to lose more in the last few months but just maintaining. It's a bit frustrating since I only have 25 pounds to go (I've lost 130). I've caught myself sliding into some bad habits recently due to some increased stress but I am nipping that in the bud now so it doesn't become a problem. I'm hoping to get things going in the right direction sometime in the next couple of weeks.

How is everyone doing?

I finally got myself to healthier stage, 10 months of my life gone due to long covid but I am not going to give out about it!

I lost 12lbs since the begging of the year, very happy happy with that. I have been doing walk at home daily, outdoor walks, small calorie reduction and short strength workouts - like 15 minutes upper body weights today. I also stopped eating after dinner and trying to be moderate with my calories - shooting for about 2000 calorie daily with small but consistent deficit.

Hope you are all keeping healthy

Thanks for checking in! Sounds like you are doing great! I'm still trying to get myself started on an at home walking routine. I figured out how to get youtube on our downstairs TV where I would do them, so now I just need to pick something out and start. On your at home walking, are you using a certain program?

I haven't been able to lose more in the last few months but just maintaining. It's a bit frustrating since I only have 25 pounds to go (I've lost 130). I've caught myself sliding into some bad habits recently due to some increased stress but I am nipping that in the bud now so it doesn't become a problem. I'm hoping to get things going in the right direction sometime in the next couple of weeks.

You've had a great loss! I've also been maintaining since basically the middle of December, but I'm happy with that and I think finally ready to push forward again. I lost 50 pound last year from May 3rd until I hit my low on December 16th. Today, I'm still at that exact same weight which is a little frustrating that I could have been further along, but at the same time, I'm good with it because I really haven't been tracking or making the best choices.

I started tracking again yesterday and want to get back on track with better choices!

very easy to cancel if you don't want to keep paying too! The weather here have been awful, I love having the little workouts to do

You've had a great loss! I've also been maintaining since basically the middle of December, but I'm happy with that and I think finally ready to push forward again. I lost 50 pound last year from May 3rd until I hit my low on December 16th. Today, I'm still at that exact same weight which is a little frustrating that I could have been further along, but at the same time, I'm good with it because I really haven't been tracking or making the best choices.

HI, I missed this part! Well done, that's impressive loss!

Thanks for checking in! Sounds like you are doing great! I'm still trying to get myself started on an at home walking routine. I figured out how to get youtube on our downstairs TV where I would do them, so now I just need to pick something out and start. On your at home walking, are you using a certain program?

I started tracking again yesterday and want to get back on track with better choices!
You've had a very good loss as well. Good luck getting back on track. I think pandemic stress has a lot to do with it and I'm just grateful I was able to lose 25 pounds in 2020 even though the last few months have been at a standstill.

Just checking in. Im now 5 months after my surgery and doing great. I have had no dietary issues and can eat anything I want. I have been careful though, and I don't want to put back all the weight I lost. My diet now is a modified version of my very strict low fat pre surgery diet. I have butter on my toast, I have pizza, chocolate, chips and everything I had stopped eating, but now I just have less of them and I don't have them as often. I had all the normal Christmas food, cakes, icecream and all the heavy rich food we always have at Christmas.

I think the Covid restrictions and lockdown have helped me keep to eating healthy as I am still only getting my weekly grocery delivery and I'm not getting any take out food deliveries, and I'm still working from home so I have time to cook properly. I haven't weighed myself since before Christmas, but I put on jeans yesterday, you know, your "thin me jeans that some day I will fit into" and they fitted but were a little tight. As long as I can fit into them, I'm doing ok.

checking in
7.5kg down since first of January. It feels so slow sometimes! With spring coming I recall the happy trips to WDW and all the compliments I got for my outfits and as shallow as it sounds I miss feeling pretty. Up to today I didn't think of it, it was all about healthier but for some reason the sunny weather reminder me of what was it like before i got sick.

On the plus side, over 10 weeks no relapses! I finally feel on the other end of long covid, and there were many days I wondered if I am going to remain sick forever

Hope everyone is doing well, I have a nosey around th emontly forum to see how are the old pals getting on

I have HS and struggled for most of my life feeling out of breath or achy when I ran/walked from the inflammation. With every year the disease caused more and more issues in my skin until I went Yeast/Gluten free about 3 years ago (I was already Soy/Dairy free) and went into remission. After going off my regular diet due to another illness in 2020, I finally feel back on track. Getting a fitbit has helped a lot, and I've started regular cardio that mimics Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds (easy low impact moves). Thus far I'm down about 10 pounds.

I've been at a standstill for most of this year and just recently started to edge up a few pounds. No way I wanted that to continue so I took a look at my WW tracker to see what was going on. I *think* I started eating more zero point foods that I should, especially a lot more fruit. Some days I was eating 6-7 pieces of fruit. This week I cut that down to 4 servings of fruit a day and made some other tweaks. I also used MyFitnessPal to check on my calorie intake and confirmed that even when I was within my WW points, I was often going over my calories for the day by a couple of hundred and my balance of carbs, fats, protein, etc. were off. This was an eye opener and I now have an additional tool to get back on track. I was able to lose a couple of pounds this week. Hoping to keep this up so I can finally reach my goal weight by early next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter