Weighted Blankets for Adult Women :)

NinaBella

DIS Veteran
I finally broke down and ordered a Weighted Blanket. Just woke up from my third night using it and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I just placed an order to get one for a friend for her birthday. My teen daughter it making threats to steal mine. :) I found a less expensive website and told my teen daughter to pick a pattern so I can get her a blanket for herself.

I have not slept well in years. Recently I bought a sound machine and that helps mask noise like my dogs licking their paws at night that was waking me up. I am 100% disabled veteran so no need to go into all my medical details because that is a long list.

So I have been reading reviews and women are using these for work stress/anxiety, menopause, fibromyalgia, flying anxiety, surgery anxiety, chronic illness, etc. You name it. My daughter took a snapchat picture under mine and posted it to her friends and they replied "aren't those for kids with Autism?" Well, yes, but they are so much more!

I had lunch with a close friend yesterday and her birthday is tomorrow, so I used my 10% discount code and bought her one. I have another 10% discount code from my second order.... hmmm... I am happy with this company but wondering if I should get DD one from this company (with only one pattern fabric) or the one from the cheaper company with tons of fabric options.

If you have been on the fence about getting a Weighted Blanket. They are SO WORTH IT.

I ordered mine from a company in Nashville, TN that hires refugees. I choose the free shipping vs their faster shipping and got it in two days! This company is called Weighting Comforts.

The other company with lots of fabric options that I was going to order DD from is called Mosaic and it is a company in Austin, Texas. They also have a anti-bacterial fabric options (I just forgot the correct name) that hospitals like. This company is called Mosaic Weighted Blankets. My friend who has a daughter with asperger syndrome orders from this one. They have several products targeted for kids that are cute.

It seems a lot of women are buying these for elderly women as well. They say it's "like a hug" which is giving comfort. Oh, I got the 15 pound blanket and it doesn't feel heavy on me since the weight is distributed.

So, just sharing my excitement. Has anyone tried these? Did you love it or hate it, or no feelings either way?

Oh, and I also included an order for the lap pad so I can use on planes and take to work. So that will come in with the blanket I ordered for my friend.

Last edited:
Is there anywhere that sells these where you can feel it in person? I don’t know anyone who has ordered one but they look interesting. I’m always eager to try more holistic approaches.

Is there anywhere that sells these where you can feel it in person? I don’t know anyone who has ordered one but they look interesting. I’m always eager to try more holistic approaches.

Maybe try googling your town and weighted blankets for local companies?

The company I ordered from has a 30-day return policy.

From reading online the poly pellets are similar/same to what are in beanie babies but flat surface, not round like a pea. At least mine feel flat. I never opened a beanie baby to see the contents. I read a therapist own child use to put a beanie baby on their shoulder during car rides and they thought it would be a great blanket idea, this the idea was born.

Each square (like a quilt square) has a certain number of pellets depending on the weight you choose.

Good to know.

I have never heard of them before. It would probably be helpful to have a link to a video or article that explains what they are.

I am familiar with Thundershirts for dogs with anxiety. Sounds maybe a little like that.

But I would like to know more about these ones for people. Thanks for posting!

Never heard of them. But from reading the title of this thread I confess I was completely mistaken as to their purpose.

Last edited:

I am curious what you initially thought he title meant?

I'm embarrassed to say this , but I assumed a weighted blanket was for restless sleepers who want their bedding to stay in place, but I'd guess you'd need weighted sheets and bedspreads too.:rolleyes:
I have a friend who's always cold so I assumed a weighted blanket would help her sleep comfort too.

I'm embarrassed to say this , but I assumed a weighted blanket was for restless sleepers who want their bedding to stay in place, but I'd guess you'd need weighted sheets and bedspreads too.:rolleyes:
I have a friend who's always cold so I assumed a weighted blanket would help her sleep comfort too.

Oh that’s not embarrassing. You know the top corner of our fitted sheet on my side does come loose. Maybe from me tossing and turning. I’ve considered those elastic suspenders looking things for sheets before. I have an extra thick mattress and deep pocket sheets but it still comes loose. Perhaps this will solve that too.

Glad it's helping you sleep! I do not have a weighted blanket, but I do have a duvet that is very heavy. Ever since I got that duvet, I sleep more soundly than I ever have before. I'm sure it's the same principle, and I'd probably love a weighted blanket too

What about hot flashes in the night (sorry fellows ;) )?? I would have to start lifting weights in order to throw a weighted blanket off me every couple of hours!!! :teeth:

The company I ordered from offers a version called CoolMax for those who have hot flashes, night sweats, or hot sleepers. The blanket isn't heavy at all. You only feel all 15 pounds if it's balled/folded up and you are holding the entire blanket in your hands.

UNIQUE FEATURES:

Fabric: COOLMAX® ALL SEASON technology transports moisture away from the body to keep the wearer cool and dry on hot days, while the fiber structures provide warmth on colder days, helping to optimize performance. It is not only quick-dry but also provides amazing breathable functionality.The weave is more dense than quilting cotton, but still smooth and comfortable to the touch.

Use:This blanket is great for menopausal women who struggle with night sweats, anyone living in a warm climate, or anyone who is a hot sleeper.

I really want to get one for my wife but can't find a decent Canadian retailer, shipping and exchange are killers. We went on a cruise last month and the blanket we had was very heavy and my wife said it was her best sleep in years. My sister makes blankets and quilts but same as buying one it would be $200 Just to ship the pellets.

My DH bought me one for Valentine's Day. I LOVE it. Definitely makes a difference! (he's happy bc I'm sleeping better so he's sleeping better)

Yikes! Weighted blankets? No way, the lighter the better for us - love our alternative down blanket.
Heavy ones remind me of the beautiful quilted ones from my grandmother - but oh, so heavy!!

I've made several. My daughter loves hers and just made one for her boyfriend for Valentine's Day. They are not difficult, but do take some time. The cost to make one runs around $60 for fabric and another $30 for 12 pounds of pellets from Joann's with coupons. Total weight ends up right around fifteen pounds. There are lots of tutorials online. If you can sew a straight line, you can make one!

I've made several. My daughter loves hers and just made one for her boyfriend for Valentine's Day. They are not difficult, but do take some time. The cost to make one runs around $60 for fabric and another $30 for 12 pounds of pellets from Joann's with coupons. Total weight ends up right around fifteen pounds. There are lots of tutorials online. If you can sew a straight line, you can make one!

I can sew, but it is just the time factor. I make all my kids quilts years ago. I also made baby quilts for nieces and cousins expecting. Perhaps I might make DD a weighted blanket.

Yikes! Weighted blankets? No way, the lighter the better for us - love our alternative down blanket.
Heavy ones remind me of the beautiful quilted ones from my grandmother - but oh, so heavy!!

The thing is, weighted blankets are thin and are not hot. I have been sleeping with my comforter on top of the weighted blanket, and we live in Tampa, Florida so it is quite warm here already. If I folded my weighted blanket next to a twin comforter, the weighted blanket is thinner.

I have heavy quilted blankets that were made by relatives and some store bought quilts. I used them more when we lived in cold weather locations. Traditional quilts like my mom and grandma make is filled with quilting batting for warmth.

My weighted blanket doesn't have the batting. As far at thickness, it's as thick as the two pieces of fabric (a little thicker than two sheets). On the back side with the off white fabric you can slightly see the pellets. There are 5 inch pockets with the pellets. The pellets move freely in the pockets.

This is the one I bought. It's two pieces of fabric, the pattern fabric and the back side, no filling other than pellets in the pocket.
IMG_0106_Final_800x.jpg

Last edited:
My DH bought me one for Valentine's Day. I LOVE it. Definitely makes a difference! (he's happy bc I'm sleeping better so he's sleeping better)

My DH says he is glad I am sleeping better cause he is sleeping better too. LOL. I use to get up in the middle of the night and walk around the house, check on the kids, make sure the car doors were locked, etc. Sometimes just walk around outside the house too. Not sleep walking, just waking up from anxiety and not able to go back to sleep.

I really want to get one for my wife but can't find a decent Canadian retailer, shipping and exchange are killers. We went on a cruise last month and the blanket we had was very heavy and my wife said it was her best sleep in years. My sister makes blankets and quilts but same as buying one it would be $200 Just to ship the pellets.

Are you near Detroit? LoL. I will be in Detroit the week of New Years. We will go up to Belle River Ontario. Probably no where near you. Maybe if you take a trip to Disney to have one delivered to the hotel?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!