Weird onboard booking question

slykrab

Mouseketeer
Was wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation. We do not have an OBB and are booking a new cruise.

We will sail on another cruise in the meantime and plan to reshop the new booking if it makes financial sense to do so. However, we board on the last day we can PIF.

If we’re booked through a TA (same TA both cruises) will Disney be able to reshop for us, or will we have to book a placeholder then get on the horn with our TA before midnight? Don’t want to run into cancellation penalties but calling/emailing from the ship can get expensive :)

Any insight anyone has is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

We rebooked a cruise onboard that was booked with Costco. I had to make a new reservation onboard, and then call Costco when I got home to cancel the previous booking.

We rebooked a cruise onboard that was booked with Costco. I had to make a new reservation onboard, and then call Costco when I got home to cancel the previous booking.

Thank you for your reply! This definitely helps- looks like I’ll be contacting my TA from the ship before that midnight PIF deadline.

I would also warn your TA that he/she might get a call from you. What if it's her day off or something? I'd have contingency plans in place. Presumably, if you reshop the cruise, you'll have to PIF right there on the ship. You don't want to accidentally be stuck with two reservations for the same cruise.

I would also warn your TA that he/she might get a call from you. What if it's her day off or something? I'd have contingency plans in place. Presumably, if you reshop the cruise, you'll have to PIF right there on the ship. You don't want to accidentally be stuck with two reservations for the same cruise.
Yep will definitely communicate and get everything all lined up ahead of time. Am probably going to get a placeholder and then ask the TA to harmonize the bookings to prevent an accidental double booking. I’ve had this done in the past just not under this crazy time crunch- but it’s just how the dates are working out.

Have you recently priced out the cruise that you want to reshop? You can determine ahead of time if fare has increased enough to negate the OBB perks. If it’s only minimal savings, I would skip it — too much stress for me.

Enjoy your cruises!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter