Welcome Home Booking New Contract

zakdavid

Mouseketeer
If you add on direct will member services do another welcome home booking for you, if they did one already on your last purchase?

I guess anything is technically possible, but my belief is that the welcome home booking is for first time owners of DVC who purchased direct, not the first direct purchase nor each direct purchase.

Officially, nope. If you want to try to game the system, make signing the contract with your guide contingent on the reservation.

Yeah, no. I just added on with my kids, who were new owners, but I was not. I could not get them to budge on it. Even went as far as discussing it with membership satisfaction.

But, I did get them to unborrow my SSR points since i now had current UY points For RIV I know they say they will do this, but she took care of it quickly for me And I didn’t have to make another call.

Yeah, no. I just added on with my kids, who were new owners, but I was not. I could not get them to budge on it. Even went as far as discussing it with membership satisfaction.

But, I did get them to unborrow my SSR points since i now had current UY points For RIV I know they say they will do this, but she took care of it quickly for me And I didn’t have to make another call.
Thanks for sharing that! I didn't know that was an option and will ask them to do that as well as I'll be in the same situation. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing that! I didn't know that was an option and will ask them to do that as well as I'll be in the same situation. Thanks!

Yes, this only works with buying direct..at least from what I have been told . Since you have added new points to your membership, they allow it because when you borrowed, you didn’t have those new points.

It was great because I got to put back over 100 points.

I also asked and was denied. It’s a long story, but i had an expensive cash reservation for a period which there was no dvc rooms left. I was going to buy an additional 50 point contract contingent on them getting me a reservation (anywhere) with my points. They said no, they wouldn’t even check availability. I didn’t buy that contract (at that time. Another couple months and I bought 2 x 50. They always win in the end!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!