Welcome home call

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
i haven’t booked this yet? What is it? A real person or recording ? Is it worth doing? How long does it take ? Single mom 4 kids two jobs.. time is precious lol

I am not sure what you are referring to. Many times we get a recording in our villa from our guide welcoming us home and any other info they want to pass along. It is nothing that we book.

To be honest, I learned so much from these boards and did my research prior to buying that I felt like I knew the basics about DVC.

We did the call when we bought our first contract and it was with a human. It really just went over how DVC works and stuff. I don't feel like it did much.

I had one scheduled for today, but I had to move it because they said it can take about 45 minutes. I feel like this would be for someone who bought on a whim without doing much prior research. They said the call is about banking & borrowing, and those types of questions. I re-scheduled my call for Monday because I ended up having another appointment today. We shall see!

No need to be rude .. seriously not like I’m making stuff up just asked simple question I’m sorry you are unfamiliar with

QUOTE="Deb & Bill, post: 60619492, member: 8207"]Been an owner for 22 years and I haven't a clue what you are talking about.[/QUOTE]

That would be me. Walked in to a theme park walked out a dvc member . Pls let me know how the call goes ..
Thanks

I had one scheduled for today, but I had to move it because they said it can take about 45 minutes. I feel like this would be for someone who bought on a whim without doing much prior research. They said the call is about banking & borrowing, and those types of questions. I re-scheduled my call for Monday because I ended up having another appointment today. We shall see!

We just had our "Welcome Home" call last night. It didn't take too long, I would say around 25 minutes, the rep that we talked to gave us an overview of the basics and we were able to get clarification on anything we needed. They also apparently can help you book your first stay using points. We knew a lot already so he just gave a brief overview and let us ask questions.

This is something new after 2012. We bought DVC in 2012, but unfortunately backed out for financial reason At that time, there is no "welcome home" call session. We bought DVC again last year, and found out there was an info session/call after closing to explain basic of DVC and answer any other questions if we had. So I am guessing that long time members, at least before 2012, there is no such session provided by DVC.

We just had our "Welcome Home" call last night. It didn't take too long, I would say around 25 minutes, the rep that we talked to gave us an overview of the basics and we were able to get clarification on anything we needed. They also apparently can help you book your first stay using points. We knew a lot already so he just gave a brief overview and let us ask questions.

Our guide went over pretty much everything that the ‘Welcome Home Call’ covered, but I’m corny and enjoy this sort of stuff! ...Especially when they ended the call with ‘WELCOME HOME!!!’ lol

The main thing I learned in our welcome home call, that I didn't know before (no clue how I missed it while stalking these boards for years) was about One time use year points that you can buy if you need them ($19 a point for up to an additional 24 points). Everything else, I was pretty much aware of, but it was nice to just have someone go over everything, that you think you know already and confirm it.

Deb & Bill - I saw nothing in your response that could (or should) be construed as “rude”. We have been DVC owners since
1994 (!) and like you, I had no idea what OP was referring to.

We were told that you make your first reservation with this call, and if its within 6 months of purchase they have rooms that don't show in regular inventory. This might be a conflation of things, as you can't book outside your home more than 7 months prior, obvs.

We were told that you make your first reservation with this call, and if its within 6 months of purchase they have rooms that don't show in regular inventory. This might be a conflation of things, as you can't book outside your home more than 7 months prior, obvs.

That is what they call a Welcome Home booking. You can also call MS at anytime to try and book that. They have their own inventory they can pull from but still not anything and everything will be available. Also, you cannot have booked anything at all if you intend to try and use the Welcome Home booking. If you do then it cancels it as an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!