• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Welcome Party Invitation Wording

MistressOfAllEvil

DIS Veteran
I'm am preparing our wedding invitations to go out in early october. I would like to include the welcome dinner invitation as an additional insert. I know that tradition indicates that this should be sent seperately but I want to include all the information in one packet for guests.

Here's my problem: How do I word the welcome invitation to reflect that his parents are hosting the event? The dinner will be at 'Ohana. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

We used pocket invitations and made one of the inserts about the welcome dinner, actually, I called it the rehearsal dinner on the invite and now wish I would have just called it a welcome dinner - we had a lot of people confused about us inviting everyone. Anyway... here is our wording.

DSCN0915.jpg

We also included another invitation to remind everyone of it in our welcome bags. Here is the wording from the inside of that invite:

ohanainvite.jpg

If you word it as a 'welcome party' instead of a rehersal dinner do you think you would still include the 'in honor of xxx and xxx' portion? Or would you word it somewhat differently?

Is there a way to recognize that we want to welcome and thank our guests for traveling from great distances to our event????

We used pocket invitations and made one of the inserts about the welcome dinner, actually, I called it the rehearsal dinner on the invite and now wish I would have just called it a welcome dinner - we had a lot of people confused about us inviting everyone. Anyway... here is our wording.

DSCN0915.jpg

We also included another invitation to remind everyone of it in our welcome bags. Here is the wording from the inside of that invite:

ohanainvite.jpg

I have just been reading your thread and noticed that on your invite you have got the "Disney" style writting - im not very good with the whole computer thing could you possibly tell me how I can get it (am doing my own invites ad think it would look much better than the font I am currently planning on using):confused3

If you word it as a 'welcome party' instead of a rehersal dinner do you think you would still include the 'in honor of xxx and xxx' portion? Or would you word it somewhat differently?

Is there a way to recognize that we want to welcome and thank our guests for traveling from great distances to our event????

Since you are including it in your formal invitation I don't see anything wrong with keeping the wording formal as well. I'd say it's entirely up you and your preference. Hopefully more people will come around giving you some more options too. Good luck!

I have just been reading your thread and noticed that on your invite you have got the "Disney" style writting - im not very good with the whole computer thing could you possibly tell me how I can get it (am doing my own invites ad think it would look much better than the font I am currently planning on using):confused3

Okay here is a step by step of how to get the Walt Disney Script downloaded. There are other ways to do it, this just happens to be what works the best for me.
**Note: These directions are for windows users, not Mac.**

1. Click the start menu at the bottom left hand corner of your desktop.
2. Select Settings and click on Control Panel.
3. Once you open your Control Panel click to open your font folder.
4. Go to http://www.disneyexperience.com/fonts.html.
5. Under the Walt Disney Script click on the blue windows symbol.
6. A box should open. Make sure "Save to Disk" is selected and click OK.
7. After it downloads a new icon should appear on your desktop called "waltograph42".
8. Double click on the "waltograph42" icon to open the file.
9. Right click on "waltograph42" and select "copy to...".
10. Click OK.
11. A new "waltograph42" icon should appear on your desktop.
12. Drag this new icon into the "fonts" folder you previously opened.

Now when you go into any of your "Word" type programs this font should appear as an option.

Hope that helped! :) Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions or if that did not work.

There was someone who posted a cool site to visit http://verseit.com They gave me ideas on how to word my invites =)

They have formal / informal / and fairy tale versions, so you can mix / match to your desire.

Thank you so muck Kellyjo for explaining how to get the writting! I am so impressed with it!:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter