Welcome to the CAROUSEL of PROGRESS challenge for December 2015!!

I already did my final weigh in but I need to say January will be mine! Christmas came a little late for me and I got a blender and a steamer! Unexpected and awesome. Basically everything is about to become a breakfast smoothie.

HEY EVERYONE!! The JANUARY 2016 thread is NOW ACTIVE! :cool1:

A YOU Worth Fighting For | January 2016 Weight Loss & Better Living Challenge

Head on over and grab your spot, tell us a little about yourself, and start thinking of your goal(s) for the new year!! I'm really excited about this new start, and I hope you all are excited, too!

Don't give up on your December goal just yet, though! I've seen lots of final weigh-ins reported, but if you haven't gotten yourself where you wanted to be by this point, don't get discouraged! There are still a couple of days left this month to really push yourself!

A BIG THANK YOU to @pjlla and her DD for taking on this thread during such a tough and crazy month! You did an amazing job, as always!

Hey all! Sorry I totally bailed during the last few days..... I honestly just FORGOT! I was at my Mom's, we were busy trying to have a few quick holiday celebrations before the impending weather forced us to shorten our celebration (we were supposed to be there through this afternoon, but we left yesterday morning). And suddenly about 10 pm last night I realized I hadn't posted in TWO days! YIKES!

Here is a fun QOTD..............

2006:

Holiday crowds are so thick at Walt Disney World this afternoon that three parks close or divert traffic at various times. Because they have reached capacity, Magic Kingdom and Disney's Animal Kingdom both close by 1:15 p.m. At Disney-MGM Studios there are parking issues, and traffic is diverted away from the main parking lots for a couple of hours after 3 p.muple of h

Have you been to a Disney Park during the holidays? Have you ever been in a Disney park that was closed due to capacity? Was it scary crowded? Were you able to see/do ANYTHING??

So much good news here with this week's weigh-ins! I"m super impressed!

I'm struggling with getting the holiday eating back under control (oatmeal and coffee so far today..... but the sweets and treats are lingering nearby and calling to me!), but I know it will happen. Hoping to have a few solid OP days before New Year's and another family celebration next week!

Also struggling to decide whether or not to cancel my WW meeting tonight..... weather is bad but it is not a total slam dunk to cancel. Hate having to make this decision.... feel like I am making the WRONG decision no matter what I do!

BBL to chat............P

I'm shocked that 2015 is almost over. It still feels like it's November... but that could also be the Southern California weather. We just got a bit brisk here -- 45 degrees this morning, but will rise up to 65 later today.

Hi all! Man, this month flew by. I'm hanging on to the maintain train, which I guess isn't too bad considering the holiday I had. Things are normal at our house though so I hope to get a little loss in this week. Two days to go!

Hey all! Sorry I totally bailed during the last few days..... I honestly just FORGOT! I was at my Mom's, we were busy trying to have a few quick holiday celebrations before the impending weather forced us to shorten our celebration (we were supposed to be there through this afternoon, but we left yesterday morning). And suddenly about 10 pm last night I realized I hadn't posted in TWO days! YIKES!

Here is a fun QOTD..............

2006:

Holiday crowds are so thick at Walt Disney World this afternoon that three parks close or divert traffic at various times. Because they have reached capacity, Magic Kingdom and Disney's Animal Kingdom both close by 1:15 p.m. At Disney-MGM Studios there are parking issues, and traffic is diverted away from the main parking lots for a couple of hours after 3 p.muple of h

Have you been to a Disney Park during the holidays? Have you ever been in a Disney park that was closed due to capacity? Was it scary crowded? Were you able to see/do ANYTHING??

DH and I lost our minds one year and went to Epcot for New Year's Eve. MK had reached capacity that day in the afternoon. I do not know if Epcot had reached capacity, but it sure felt like it! Wait times for things like Living with the Land was astronomical! We mainly wandered the park and drank around the world until it was about 11:15 to grab a spot for fireworks. I must say the fireworks were absolutely amazing! It was like the finale of Illuminations for like a whole 15 minutes. DH was quite impressed! Haha! The worst part was definitely the bus ride back to Pop. We were all sleepwalking sardines. With the traffic, I swear it must have taken an hour to get back to the hotel. Brutal! But I'm crazy enough to want to try MK one year.... but only if we stay at the Contemporary so we can WALK back to our resort at the end on the night!

QOTD:

We made the mistake of going to Disney World last year during Christmas... everything was fine and dandy until Christmas Eve. I've never seen Magic Kingdom at a capacity where no matter you walk you're literally shoulder to shoulder for the entire duration of the park. Yep, even by Big Thunder or out in the boonies of New Fantasyland. It started to lightly rain after fireworks and we were just leaving dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table - we got ushered back through backstage down Main St and everything was a huge headache. The Dapper Dans were singing something about it "being the most festive and wonderful time of year" and for some reason I just exploded at them while singing! I shouted "IT IS NOT, DAPPER DANS. IT IS TOO CROWDED AND THERE IS NO WHERE TO MOVE. THIS IS TERRIBLE!". They didn't break character but the people around me applauded and cheered. :rotfl2:

Heading to EPCOT on Christmas Day was another debacle. Coming from Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani, it took about 90 minutes from boarding the bus to getting to the front gates. MK already was at capacity and the cars just sat waiting to turn around -- making it nearly impossible to get to EPCOT. We missed two of our FP+ reservations, but overall it turned out to be a magical and wonderful day. Isabella Rosallini did a great job at Candlelight Processional and we had a blast enjoying Christmas around the world... on Christmas day!

We've now planned appropriately for December trips. Going the second week of December -- not crowded at all!

2006:

Glad you are ok and had a good visit with family, even if it did get cut short!

I haven't been at the Holidays, and probably never will. We are NOT crowd people, and as such will do whatever we can to avoid going during the summer and the end of December, haha. I want to see the Christmas decorations desperately, but will shoot for the week after Thanksgiving instead. Nothing is worth all of that craziness! I DO love, though, that the CMs in the World Showcase are able to take a break to usher in the New Year when it is midnight in their home country, regardless of what time it is here - I think that's such a cool thing for Disney to do!

I'm struggling with getting the holiday eating back under control (oatmeal and coffee so far today..... but the sweets and treats are lingering nearby and calling to me!), but I know it will happen. Hoping to have a few solid OP days before New Year's and another family celebration next week!

I'm right there with you! Finally last night after a binge eat I decided that I was done and threw out all the candy. The only thing left are sweets for my DH that I'm not touching. I can't do it semi-sorta on plan. I can have one or two days off but if I have candy and real sweets (not just sugar free chocolate snack packs) around the house it's too tempting and they derail everything. So I'm hoping that today and tomorrow on plan should make for a good weigh-in on Thursday.

Hi ladies I went one year over 4th of July and I didn't plan a park day but a waterpark day and we went to DTD at night , it was just fine for us but we did hear announcements on the bus saying the MK had reached capacity .. Next year 2016 I want to take my family including my parents the week leading into Christmas - right when DD and DS get out of school for the semester then my paretns and kids can go home Christmas eve or the day before and me and C will stay until NYE.. but we'll see.. I might just buy a new house instead.. LOL decisions decisions Haaaa

wishing you all a safe and happy New Year, see you on the Jan 2016 thread .. Michelle

Oh Ps I was home sick yesterday so I trashed all our leftover Christmas goodies! the less temptations the better!

I'm working on formulating my goals for next month: learning how to maintain weight and being okay with not seeing pounds lost every week.

If that isn't daunting enough.... a part of me is semi-curious if I should pursue 140 pounds and go for that extra 10 pounds lost.

So that's a lot of thinking to do in the next two days before we head over to the new thread. :sad2:

Hi ladies I went one year over 4th of July and I didn't plan a park day but a waterpark day and we went to DTD at night , it was just fine for us but we did hear announcements on the bus saying the MK had reached capacity .. Next year 2016 I want to take my family including my parents the week leading into Christmas - right when DD and DS get out of school for the semester then my paretns and kids can go home Christmas eve or the day before and me and C will stay until NYE.. but we'll see.. I might just buy a new house instead.. LOL decisions decisions Haaaa

wishing you all a safe and happy New Year, see you on the Jan 2016 thread .. Michelle

Oh Ps I was home sick yesterday so I trashed all our leftover Christmas goodies! the less temptations the better!

I am also taking these last few days before the New Year to get rid of all of our leftover Christmas goodies... We didn't get any leftover food or anything, but our stockings are always full of candy, and this year was NO exception. After going thru and filtering out the candy we won't eat (neither of us like anything with nuts in it lol) we have an entire bowl of sugar always on hand. But my method of "getting rid" of them is less like yours and more like...

12346386_10153792553624594_3508251185275918709_n.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm working on formulating my goals for next month: learning how to maintain weight and being okay with not seeing pounds lost every week.

If that isn't daunting enough.... a part of me is semi-curious if I should pursue 140 pounds and go for that extra 10 pounds lost.

So that's a lot of thinking to do in the next two days before we head over to the new thread. :sad2:

I'm blown away by your dry erase board list! I think of myself as a very organized person, but then I see things like that, or all of the stuff that @pjlla gets done in a day, and I realize that I still need to learn how to be half as organized as you guys!

Will 140 still be a healthy and comfortable weight for you? I think I would approach it as learning how to maintain but also being OK with losing a little if it should happen naturally, at least for a month. I'm not at a maintenance point yet, but that's something I know I'm going to have to figure out when/if it does come time for that.

I'm blown away by your dry erase board list! I think of myself as a very organized person, but then I see things like that, or all of the stuff that @pjlla gets done in a day, and I realize that I still need to learn how to be half as organized as you guys!

It's a way for me to visually see all of the things that are on my list. It's also a good way for me to show anyone (ie: boss) all the stuff I'm working on so they never question how much work I have to do ;)

Will 140 still be a healthy and comfortable weight for you? I think I would approach it as learning how to maintain but also being OK with losing a little if it should happen naturally, at least for a month. I'm not at a maintenance point yet, but that's something I know I'm going to have to figure out when/if it does come time for that.

At 5'2", a healthy BMI on the standard scale would actually be 135 at the high rage -- but if going by frame size, I'd need to be around 143 to be 'healthy'. I'm at 149 right now, so it's only a 6 pound difference.... still considered 'overweight'.

I'm trying my best to eat as much as I can while being healthy -- I'm still not hitting all of my daily calories. I'm just not hungry! :P

At 5'2", a healthy BMI on the standard scale would actually be 135 at the high rage -- but if going by frame size, I'd need to be around 143 to be 'healthy'. I'm at 149 right now, so it's only a 6 pound difference.... still considered 'overweight'.

I'm trying my best to eat as much as I can while being healthy -- I'm still not hitting all of my daily calories. I'm just not hungry! :P

I struggle a lot with that, too - the eating as much as possible while still being healthy. I have an at-home program I am going to attempt for a 2nd time, but the number it's given me for macros and calories just seem insane, and I really struggled the first time with hitting them. I know you should increase your intake if you're regularly exercising, but it takes a lot for me to get to 1400 calories without just eating crap, and this program wants me at 2400. But then I have to wonder if I'm starving myself by NOT eating that much. It's such a weird, fine line!

Hey all.... here is today's QOTD, albeit a bit late!!

2008:
Librarian of Congress James H. Billington announces the
names of 25 important motion pictures (classics and genres
from every era of American filmmaking) to the National Film
Registry of the Library of Congress. Among the 25 chosen is a

1956 home movie titled Disneyland Dream. The film features the
Barstow family (from Connecticut) who were among 25 families to win a free trip to the
newly opened Disneyland as part of a "Scotch Brand Cellophane Tape" contest
sponsored by 3M. (The 25 films were chosen for there cultural, historical or aesthetical
significance - they are not selected as the "best" American films of all time.)

Ironically a few weeks later, actor/director Steve Martin (a self-described "Disneyland
junkie") will discover himself in the film!

Double Disney-themed question.........

Have you ever seen yourself in a stranger's Disney photo (like on the Dis or on FB)?

Have you ever seen/met a celebrity while at Disney?

Double Disney-themed question.........

Have you ever seen yourself in a stranger's Disney photo (like on the Dis or on FB)?

Have you ever seen/met a celebrity while at Disney?

I have never seen myself in anyone's pictures, but DH and I did eat lunch upstairs in Colombia Harbour House in the back room with Jennifer Garner, Ben Affleck, and family. We were on the Keys to the Kingdom tour and so were in the VIP area when they came for lunch. They were secluded in the back corner though. And I think just me, DH, and one other person even noticed it was them! I think it was because DH and I just watched 13 Going on 30 a few weeks before and he was able to verify when I kept asking him, "OMG I swear that's the her-- isn't it? Isn't it?!?!" Whispered in a hushed voice of course so as not to look like a crazy person! :rotfl:

2 1/2 days of my Perricone 3 day are done. I'm a bit sick of salmon, eggs, and oatmeal but I'm de-puffed, the cookie weight is gone, and I weighed in at 100% of goal for the month this morning. 197! Yay!!! 22 pounds down since June! Lowest number I've seen since 2010. I'm going to risk it all and not report yet because I believe it is going even lower tomorrow! More importantly, my hands have finally stopped aching. They were so bad on Sunday that I was terrified I was going to have to go back on steroids.

In other news.... You are all the first to know since I haven't had the courage to tell my DH after the vacation planning debacle that was the month of October but I have re-booked the April trip!!! I desperately need a Disney fix and the new job means the quick trip to the Land in January can't happen. It won't be the extended family two-week extravaganza of WDW, Universal, and Discovery Cove that we originally had schedule but six nights at WDW for just the two of us. The bargain hunter in me loved the 97.00/night rates at Pop so I locked down the last week of April. Then I went searching for ADRs and managed to get BOG lunch, Crystal Palace breakfast (10:30) and late lunch (2:15) because I can't decide which I should keep <help me decide, please>, SciFi lunch, and Boma dinner (my favorite!!) on my first attempt. Then, because I got such a good room deal, I decided to check for one more thing. And yes, I was successful. I GOT AN ADR AT VICTORIA & ALBERT'S!!!!!!!!

Perhaps it is worth seeing what your body wants to do? If you are eating enough that you aren't hungry, you may drop a few more pounds before your body says enough. I like it here!

Perhaps it is worth seeing what your body wants to do? If you are eating enough that you aren't hungry, you may drop a few more pounds before your body says enough. I like it here!

That could definitely be it. It's so overwhelming to look at the MFP numbers and think "I have to eat 450 more calories?!"

I'm going to eat until I'm full and watch for my body's natural cues. If it wants to be at 140, 145 or 150, then so be it :D

GREAT IDEA MAGGIE :love:

In other news.... You are all the first to know since I haven't had the courage to tell my DH after the vacation planning debacle that was the month of October but I have re-booked the April trip!!! I desperately need a Disney fix and the new job means the quick trip to the Land in January can't happen. It won't be the extended family two-week extravaganza of WDW, Universal, and Discovery Cove that we originally had schedule but six nights at WDW for just the two of us. The bargain hunter in me loved the 97.00/night rates at Pop so I locked down the last week of April. Then I went searching for ADRs and managed to get BOG lunch, Crystal Palace breakfast (10:30) and late lunch (2:15) because I can't decide which I should keep <help me decide, please>, SciFi lunch, and Boma dinner (my favorite!!) on my first attempt. Then, because I got such a good room deal, I decided to check for one more thing. And yes, I was successful. I GOT AN ADR AT VICTORIA & ALBERT'S!!!!!!!!

FIRST OF ALL, OMG VICTORIA AND ALBERT'S. YESSSSSSS. :cool1: Which room will you be sitting in - Queen Victoria or the main dining room? We're going in May so I'm a bit eager to hear all about it when you go. OMFG. YAY YAY YAY!

I am so happy that you are going and you'll definitely enjoy the last week of April. We've been during that time and it's wonderful - not too hot, but just warm enough to enjoy EPCOT's World Showcase without a coat or feeling like you're going to die because it's too humid. Bring an umbrella - it randomly rains.

For the Crystal Palace - keep the breakfast. You'll probably get seated around 1045 and in time for the Pooh-rade. The breakfast is a great deal and you'll be full until one your dinner reservations. If not, you can always snag a Mickey Cake Pop from the confectionery.

All of your ADRs sound perfect!

AND A BIG HOORAY TO YOUR 197! Dancing Banana Man is ready to celebrate: :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::cheer2::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

FIRST OF ALL, OMG VICTORIA AND ALBERT'S. YESSSSSSS. :cool1: Which room will you be sitting in - Queen Victoria or the main dining room? We're going in May so I'm a bit eager to hear all about it when you go. OMFG. YAY YAY YAY!

I am so happy that you are going and you'll definitely enjoy the last week of April. We've been during that time and it's wonderful - not too hot, but just warm enough to enjoy EPCOT's World Showcase without a coat or feeling like you're going to die because it's too humid. Bring an umbrella - it randomly rains.

For the Crystal Palace - keep the breakfast. You'll probably get seated around 1045 and in time for the Pooh-rade. The breakfast is a great deal and you'll be full until one your dinner reservations. If not, you can always snag a Mickey Cake Pop from the confectionery.

All of your ADRs sound perfect!

AND A BIG HOORAY TO YOUR 197! Dancing Banana Man is ready to celebrate: :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::cheer2::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Regular dining room! Queen Victoria is booked but I don't care! So excited!!! Finally get to cross the last Disney signature off my list!!!

Glad for the advice in April. First week of December or late January is my preferred visit time because I'm so crowd-averse but I really want to go to Flower and Garden and 2016's early Easter made this a good year calendar wise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter