Welcome to the CAROUSEL of PROGRESS challenge for December 2015!!

I'm not sure if we're still submitting weigh-ins but since it's the last day of the year I went ahead and decided to weigh today and I'm down a pound which puts me at 203.5 which is 125% to goal for this month! I can hardly believe that I managed to make it through Thanksgiving and Christmas having lost a pound. It may not be much but it's better than where I used to be. On to 2016!

Today's weigh in was the same as Friday's, leaving me at 17% of goal. Not what I was hoping for, but certainly better than nothing!

I've been really behind on the chatting lately, but I'm hoping to be more active next month. I hope to see all of you in January!

Final WI for the year: 196.6!!! Down 4.4 for the month and 22.4 for the year. Which puts me at 110% for the month! Yay!! Take that December!!!

I also went to a WW meeting today and was at 199.2 fully clothed (in jeans!) and after breakfast! I got my 10 pound star and my 5% award. Plus 5 bravos for doing it over the holidays. :). It wasn't my regular meeting but I think would be a great backup for those weeks that I just can't handle my preferred super early Tuesday. It was at the senior center, I was the youngest person by a good twenty-five years, I upgraded five iPhones while I was there (apparently anyone under the age of 60 is allowed but only if they provide technical support), and the leader was amazing. It was awesome!

Thank you to @pjlla and daughter of @pjlla for doing such an amazing hosting job this month!!

Morning my friends! Welcome to the LAST DAY of 2015!! YOWZA! Hard to imagine! This year has absolutely FLOWN by for me... how about you?

Here is your final QOTD/thought to ponder for 2015!

what-is-swot-analysis.jpg

In the engineering/business world, after a project or event, they often do what is called a "SWOT" analysis...... Strengths-Weaknesses-Opportunities-Threats. Today is a GREAT DAY to take this tact with regard to your weight loss and healthy lifestyle!

During 2015, what were your
STRENGTHS? Your WEAKNESSES? OPPORTUNITIES (either taken or missed)? and THREATS? And how are you going to use this information going forward into 2016 to make sure that you are ON TRACK, ON PLAN, and ON YOUR WAY to a healthier you in the NEW YEAR??!!

Did my final weigh in of 2015 and while I had a big 0% progress for December, I am keeping off the pounds I lost prior to Christmas, and I am quite pleased with that. I am disappointed in myself for not making ANY progress, but this month opened my eyes to a new strategy/way of thinking to try next month to get my scale moving! I have high hopes for January!

2 1/2 days of my Perricone 3 day are done. I'm a bit sick of salmon, eggs, and oatmeal but I'm de-puffed, the cookie weight is gone, and I weighed in at 100% of goal for the month this morning. 197! Yay!!! 22 pounds down since June! Lowest number I've seen since 2010. I'm going to risk it all and not report yet because I believe it is going even lower tomorrow! More importantly, my hands have finally stopped aching. They were so bad on Sunday that I was terrified I was going to have to go back on steroids.

In other news.... You are all the first to know since I haven't had the courage to tell my DH after the vacation planning debacle that was the month of October but I have re-booked the April trip!!! I desperately need a Disney fix and the new job means the quick trip to the Land in January can't happen. It won't be the extended family two-week extravaganza of WDW, Universal, and Discovery Cove that we originally had schedule but six nights at WDW for just the two of us. The bargain hunter in me loved the 97.00/night rates at Pop so I locked down the last week of April. Then I went searching for ADRs and managed to get BOG lunch, Crystal Palace breakfast (10:30) and late lunch (2:15) because I can't decide which I should keep <help me decide, please>, SciFi lunch, and Boma dinner (my favorite!!) on my first attempt. Then, because I got such a good room deal, I decided to check for one more thing. And yes, I was successful. I GOT AN ADR AT VICTORIA & ALBERT'S!!!!!!!!

WONDERFUL news all the way around! I am so excited for you. V&A is marvelous! DH and I fantasize about what next event we will plan to eat there all the time! Haha! Enjoy every bite!

Morning my friends! Welcome to the LAST DAY of 2015!! YOWZA! Hard to imagine! This year has absolutely FLOWN by for me... how about you?

View attachment 142312

In the engineering/business world, after a project or event, they often do what is called a "SWOT" analysis...... Strengths-Weaknesses-Opportunities-Threats. Today is a GREAT DAY to take this tact with regard to your weight loss and healthy lifestyle!

STRENGTHS? Your WEAKNESSES? OPPORTUNITIES (either taken or missed)? and THREATS? And how are you going to use this information going forward into 2016 to make sure that you are ON TRACK, ON PLAN, and ON YOUR WAY to a healthier you in the NEW YEAR??!!

Great question for some year end reflection!

Strengths-- I was so much better at balance this year. When I had big lunches, I stayed strong and did not let DH guilt me into eating his big dinners. We discussed this at some point (maybe last month) about the ingrained notion that you have to finish all on your plate, etc. But I have really turned that thinking around and started saying no, I am full.

Weakness-- Sticking to the plan. I forgot who posted it, but I love the post where someone said, the plan is to stick to the plan! Haha! I have GOT to conquer that in January!

Opportunities-- I have a missed opportunity every day that makes me mad.... DH bought us an elliptical that is in our den, with Netflix ready to go right in front of it and I have only gotten on it maybe 8 times in the last 2 months.... FAIL!

Threats-- ALL the eating out that surrounds me! DH can't live without going out to eat often.... DFIL buys lunch for everyone in the office on Fridays. Once a week we are invited to go out with our inlaws.... Gahhhhh it adds up!

So I am going to keep to my strength and and work on better choices with restaurants. I know its possible, I just haven't been committed. I am going to combine the sticking to the plan and the elliptical and make using the elliptical part of my goal for next month. Even if it means buying myself a dry erase board to hang in the den and put checks or smilies or whatever to get myself through it like a kindergartner, then that's what I'm going to do!

Happy New Year everyone! See you on the Jan thread!!!!

Evening all! With just FOUR HOURS left in 2015 (at least here in EST region), I am taking just a minute to say THANK YOU! Thank you to ALL OF YOU for being part of my year! Thank you for being there to support me and listen to me throughout the trials and tribulations, the ups and downs of this year! I hope I have been able to be there for at least SOME of your for at least PART of the time!

I plan to do any updates/last minute progress reports here tomorrow and then call this thread officially DONE! Make sure you find your way to our LOVELY new thread! What a WONDERFUL way to start the new year off right!! And remember to invite a friend! The more, the merrier! See you in 2016!...................P

First of all, a HUGE laugh when I saw this question because this has been the last 2.5 years of my life with the MBA program :rotfl2: I'll do this from the perspective of rating myself as though I were a company. How do you like me now, Chapman U? :)

Strengths - Internal Analysis
Hands down, the number one factor to my success was my support system. Having my husband, 'sister' and 'brother' (MBA classmate and his wife - went with us to Disney) cheer me along and encourage me to keep going - even when they were having off days. Also with this was the ability to track food with WW and MFP. Really just having the resolve to stick with the program.
Weaknesses - Internal Analysis
My school schedule was really the only weakness that I saw, as I was really rigid on the program. There were so many days that I just wanted to eat and binge with the stress but I was able to overcome those food cravings. Not having the food in the house was huge!
Opportunities - External Analysis
Starting the walking club at work was paramount to my success. Walking two times per day for about 30 mins per day total set me up for success with meeting my daily step goal.
Threats - External Analysis
Office sweets. Hands down... biggest threats. Cakes, cookies, bagels, donuts, etc. All temptations and I had to train myself to imagine how they were poison and if I ate anything I would die. A bit dramatic but it worked!

For 2016, I'm going to keep up with tracking all food in MFP and run those 5Ks and HMs so that I can keep the weight off. It's easy to lose. But now I have to maintain where I am at!

Happy New Year, Everyone! Thanks @pjlla for a great month. :banana:

View attachment 142312

Great question and something I've been thinking about all day! Now that the ball has dropped and everyone is tucked in bed (and I'm wide awake after being ready to drop 70 minutes afo), I'll try to answer.

Strengths: My greatest strength has been that I finally decided that I had to do something about my slowly creeping up weight. I was so miserable, I hated my clothes, I hated photos, I hated that my joints just ached,and it was finally, really, truly, time to make a start at having a healthier life. Also helping is that I am a GREAT tracker. Good, bad, whatever.... I record it. And it makes a huge difference in at least helping me draw the proverbial line in the sand that I will not cross.

Weaknesses: I'm a foodie. I love eating out and I do so far too frequently. I love to cook. I love to bake. And while a lot of my regular dishes are actually pretty healthy, I'm not a huge fan of lightened up recipes. Also, I'm a stress eater and the last quarter of the year was very stressful. A lot of things made it into my system that shouldn't have!

Opportunities: I'm really proud of what I accomplished in 2015. My biggest opportunity taken was my decision to really ramp up my daily steps, primarily achieved by taking over far more responsibility for satisfying my dog's insatiable need for long, fast walks. I got winded after two flights of stairs in June and now I can run up five flights with ease. Lexi is a personal trainer in miniature and I thank her every day for keeping on me. Opportunity missed is that I really stopped trying during much of October and November. The tracking and walking kept from regaining (yay!) but blowing through my points/MFP calories nearly every day certainly didn't take more off. I know that I could have posted a much better end of the year number than I did so I'm a little disappointed in myself while being simultaneously THRILLED that I will be starting 2016 happily (and permanently ensconced in Onederland.

Threats: As I mentioned above, I eat out a lot. Frequently in restaurants that don't lend themselves to easy tracking or order modification. I also sometimes have the attention span of a gnat and can inhale multiple cookies before even becoming truly aware that I am sharing a room with cookies. My biggest threat is a lack of true acceptance that I can't have everything I want, in the quantities that I want, when I want. I fully understand moderation. My challenge for 2016 is to accept it.

With that, I'll see you on the January thread!

FINAL PROGRESS REPORT for December 2015 WISH Challenge:

courtneybeth 200%

DisPup75 110%

dsnyfn1022 125%

Flossbolna 80%

flvy 80%

Lady Marie 0%

meghammy 101%

pjlla 35%

SarahDisney17%

I'm STUNNED at how many of us made progress during this month FULL of food obstacles..... and to have FOUR FRIENDS who EXCEEDED 100%.... OUTSTANDING!!!

Onward and downward in January!.................P

PAMELA!!!!!!!! Oh how I have missed you and the rest of my WISH crew!!!

Please circle the wagon back around and pick my butt up!!! And staple gun me right to the center. And sit on me for good measure.

2016 needs to be a turn around year for me.

SO VERY GLAD to see you back!! You truly have been missed! Hope the holidays were relaxing and refreshing! Now on to a BUSY 2016!

Hi everybody! I'm not sure how many will remember me but I sure remember some of you! I disappeared after my wedding in 2014 and have since had a baby and... well I'm right back where I started in 2011. But anyway, I just got a fitbit and am hoping I can join in the fun again!

WELCOME BACK! Sweet baby! Congratulations!! Hope to see you in the January challenge!.................P

So, I obviously fell off the face of the Earth in December. However, I managed to exercise quite a few times while we were traveling (from about Dec 14 until now). Also, while away I hit my lowest weight so far (142.7). After the whole trip was done (and after a little indulging last night for the New Year), I weighed in at 144.0 - so I am .4lb lower than I started! With a Disney trip, road trip food, and lots of holiday eats, I'm super happy! Now on to the January thread :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter