Welcome to the DIS Boards!!

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by WebmasterPete, Sep 14, 2003.

1. erzses

erzses Earning My Ears

Been a member for awhile but usually as a lurker. Hello!

2. Prince_Hawkins

Prince_Hawkins Earning My Ears

Just joined the community.

I've been a Disney fan ever since my ex, a Disneyland cast member, took me there for our first date back in 2011.

Since then, I unfortunately have only been back twice, due to the high costs and my lack of travel mobility.

It is my dream to go to WDW someday, for sure.

In the meantime, I'm still working my way through all of the Disney animated films that I never got to see when I was a kid.

Hope to meet some great friends, here. If anybody could point me toward any essential resources for potential Disney novices (*blush*) and/or newer board members, please speak up / provide links.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Dan Murphy

Dan Murphy We are family.

5. Prince_Hawkins

Prince_Hawkins Earning My Ears

Thank you! I will check out all of those links, in short order.

6. driasellsfla

driasellsfla Earning My Ears

Great 2b here!

7. driasellsfla

driasellsfla Earning My Ears

Hello hello what are the guidelines

8. ThomasL

ThomasL Earning My Ears

Thanks; I first went to Walt Disney World around 1980. Always liked Florida too; our family often went to Sanibel before and after they built the causeway.

I'm more interested in the nature study and scientific educational aspects of Disney World.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  9. Jake74

Jake74 Earning My Ears

I’ve camped at the fort for quite a few years now and been a lurker on here for a few years. I thought I would finally create an account.

10. Tefy82

Tefy82 Earning My Ears

How to pm others

11. Brett Lee

Brett Lee Earning My Ears

First time poster long time lurker, glad to be here.

12. BL82

BL82 Earning My Ears

Couldn't change my username so I had to start over

13. PrincessMom84

PrincessMom84 Earning My Ears

Hello! I joined this board today and now I am going to attempt to make the first of my initial ten posts. I am not really sure where a good place to do that is. I am wondering if a "reply" to something else even counts as a post.

About me: I am a stay-at-home mom from Michigan. I am also a teacher, but I am currently on a leave-of-absence to stay home with my kids. I have been to Disney World many times in my almost 35 years, but not enough! 3-4 times as a child with my family, 1 time as a teen with my friends, 2 times as an adult with friends, and once with my husband and my own children who were just 1 and 3 at the time (last year). I'm looking forward to our next trip in Nov. 2019 just before my youngest turns 3 (got to take advantage of the savings before we have to pay for her)!

I am excited to learn more about how this board is organized, to find tips for planning our next trip, and to hopefully find a good deal on renting some DVC points for our upcoming trip!

14. Lindsey Jones

Lindsey Jones Earning My Ears

Glad to have found these boards, we're planning our first trip to Disney World as a family (I've been 3x) - and my husband has gotten _so_ into it that we're actually going twice in 2020, and planning a Tokyo trip for 2021! I'm not a complete novice, but this will be my first time staying on-site as an adult, and I have some questions about making reservations. Excited to explore and hopefully find some answers and more magical tips!

15. Chris Hamm

Chris Hamm butterflyology

Long time listener, first time caller. Very happy to join the boards. Thanks for the tips and links!