Welcome to the Fabulous Disney Grand Floridian Hotel and to the DISCARS!

The Academy

<font color=CC6600><i>of DIS Board Arts & Sciences
All the beautiful people are here tonight!

Just look at those outfits!

I am wearing this Oscar dela Renta tux because of the lovely red headed accessory supplied along with. These product placement people are good. Unfortunatly when I signed up, I didn't know she is only a cardboard cut out for the picture.

4p4_oscar.jpg

I understand that truth in advertising requires that some of our lovely ladies respond to the question, “Who Are You Wearing?” with "3M double sided sticky tape!" as that is all that is keeping the bodice of their outfits within the DIS decency limits. But then tape has always been near to the hearts of some of the ladies here eh?

Oh and Zurg would you put down the camera! These shoes are OUTSIDE the theme parks and you can’t put them on BadShoe.com by your own rules.

The Academy will be presenting DISCARS throughout the night. Winners are free to link this DISCAR into their Signature files.

discarrecip.gif

Oh Wait, I have a PM from Alex.

It says:
(Subject to facing the wrath of the Signature File Police if putting DISCAR in the signature files clutters up the place.)

Yes.

Thank you Alex.

So with that in mind The Academy is proud to present the DISCARS. We hope they are a fun, some would say Fluffy, escape.

Originally posted by The Academy

Oh Wait, I have a PM from Alex.

It says:
(Subject to facing the wrath of the Signature File Police if putting DISCAR in the signature files clutters up the place.)

Yes.

Thank you Alex.

ROFL :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

While we will soon be placing our collective tongues firmly in cheek, (our own thank you very much,) and recognizing some small portion of the fun of our community it is fitting and appropriate that we pause to recognize some great people.

Our silliness, our rants, our political jokes and our fluff are all examples of free speech. It is often said of free things, that you get what you pay for.

Free speech comes at a cost. At times it has an exceedingly high price. This week some nation has realized the ultimate cost of freedom, the loss of live in the service to our nation.

So let us pause for a moment’s reflection before be begin and contemplate all of the families in our nation who have a loved on in service and those in our DIS community in particular.

Thanks to those who serve.
Thanks to those who’s loved ones serve, you serve us too.
Our first DISCAR goes to you with great thanks.

discarrecip.gif

Thanks to all who support our service men and women by not taking freedom for granted.

Now on to the silliness.

The only way we could get him to stop taking shoe pictures was to ask him to come forward and present. Ladies and Gentlemen our first presenter, you know him as a spy thriller writer: The Evil Emperor Zurg!

Hushed awed applause for our Zurginess...

What's the first category???

So -- did it start yet? Can I eat my pizza while watching these awards?

wait I am not dressed yet....I am in my jammies :)

I get to present and hang out with all you stars because I was willing to go to those other DISCARS. You know the ones where the Technical Merit awards are handed out.

Oh and The Academy said I had to dress to impress for the Grand Floridian!

I can’t tell you how hard it is to find a purple tux. I had to mug a member of the house band at a local Holliday Inn to get this bad boy. Shoes I know how to find.

So for this opportunity to present, I would like to thank the Academy.

"I would like to thank the Academy."

Oh how I hope I get to say that later. I figure I have to get nominated for best screen play involving abusing another person’s ID and parodying James Bond Films. That is an established category isn’t it?

I am happy that RoutemanDan got over that little misunderstanding over the spoof of his name. Turns out he is real big.

While we hide at home tapping at our keyboards we present a virtual “Face” to the DIS. This face it the picture of our self we project in our Signature. What better place to start the DISCARS than with Best Signature file.

The nominees for Best Signature File are:

Dan Murphy's roulette wheel
Alex's No Tag...No signature... no need....
RMD for the variety of his collection
SSB flying through the sig on a rocket

And the Winner is:

Alex “No Tag...No signature... no need....”

discarrecip.gif

I understand Alex has prepared a speech. :)

I am so thrilled to be here to award this most auspicious award. I had to fight off quite a few female presenters to get this one ;)

dc-8420c.jpg

My very sleek but simple gown is by Georigio, and comes with Mr. Cutie pie OOOhhh la la ;) ;) I made sure he was not a cardboard cutout when I signed my contract :)

Ok, onto one of the most sought after awards...now ladies don't drool here....keep your tongues in your mouth and remember to keep those dollar bills for later tonight :)

The nominees are.... no slouches in this group ;)

drumroll please?

JasonLyons
RouteManDan
Tony NJ
TheLionKing
Chil Sung

and the winner is..........

<center>RouteManDan </center>

Come on up here and get your DISCAR sweetie :) Congrats!!

discarrmd.jpg

In special ceremonies held earlier, at a different location where we beautiful star quality people didn’t have to rub elbows with them, DISCARS for technical achievement were awarded.

We cut now to tape footage of these awards.

Zurg here.
Hello and welcome to the DISCAR Technical Achievement Awards Presentations held here in the beautiful conference room of the soon to be open kind of garish Disney’s Pop Century Resort.

They told me that if I hosted these Technical Merit awards I would be allowed to come to the Big Show with the BIG Stars over at the Grand Floridian. So I sucked it up and am rubbing elbows with the not so beautiful, not quite star quality people who do all the real work that makes the big stars shine so bright over there in the real classy resorts.

The winners here get a statue that the movie advertising and PR firms treat just like a real DISCAR. The winners are even allowed to attend the big Hollywood party after the real DISCARS. They only have to bus three tables each and prohibited form coming with in 135 feet of Julia Roberts, even if her table needs bussing.

Before reporting on the presentations for Technical Achievement there is sad new to report from the technical arena. That is the passing away of our beloved black dot. In a simpler time it stood as a mark to let each user know what thread they were getting flamed in. To the black dot – it brightened many lives. Sniff sniff.

We all remember the chaos that closed down the board caused by bad java scripts, Okay we don’t. Most of us don’t know Java from Dunkin Donuts coffee. The Academy recognized the achievement of stable countdown clocks and awarded a DISCAR to Psiklops aka James M. Venglarik, II for making them work.

Apparently putting the full text of Leo Tolstoy’s War & Peace slows things down. A Technical Merit DISCAR was awarded to Alex and his Tag Fairy signature police for sliming things down to speed them up.

Chat can be a little intimidating, particularly if you pick Saturday night to get started. Fortunately FAQ and newbie chat sessions have brought the level of discourse to Chat. (Unless I am there seeking a new lowest common denominator.) A Technical Merit DISCAR was awarded to Nativetxn for making Chat accessible to all.

Finally a Technical Merit DISCAR was awarded to Mr. J Cricket for consistently helping out. He's amazing and he's always willing to help people.

After presenting these awards to an empty room in an empty resort I figured out you all were trying to ditch Zurg again. The real party with all these great technical people was really over at the Grand Floridian so I hopped a bus or two and I am back – nice try.

I have been so busy getting the bar stocked - I will be back in a few

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe it!!!!
What an honor!!!
I would like to thank all the members of the acadamy for being able to look beyond the colorful flashy pictures and realizing the elegant simplicity of my signature!
I would like to thank my third grade art teacher for telling me I had no talent whatsoever and making me realize simple is best!
I would like to thank my fellow Webmasters and Moderators for all their help!!
I would like to thank the Dead Kennedy's and 9 Inch Nails for providing the musical inspiration!!!
Special thanks to the Reverend Bertha Butts for her great inspiration! I still remember the sermon that inspired me... she said "Yo Dude knock off the fancy stuff"
And of course thanks to all DIS'ers everywhere!!!!
While this is a GREAT honor I will not be adding the DISCAR to my signature!!! It just wouldn't be right :p

Thanks to the The Academy for the fun tonight - when will the rest of the awards be handed out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter