Welcome to the Show, the Historemix! An Aug/Sept 2020 PTR of Historical Proportions Update 17/11/19 x3

disneyshakeygirl

DIS Veteran
The Prologue

Listen up, let me tell you a story
A story that you think you've heard before
We know you know our names and our fame and our faces
Know all about the glories and the disgraces

Now that I have your attention, welcome to my PTR! There will be no disgraces during the PTR (or the TR, for that matter…), but it will be full of glories and faces and stories I've not (well, not yet anyway!) heard before - those will come with the trip.

Anyway. My name is Laura and this is my PTR, which will lead into my eventual TR. This is me. 4 points to you if you can guess where I'm from! 20 points if you can figure out where I'm now living (NO CHEATING!).

The Basics:
Who: Me (aka Laura) and friends
What: A 3 week (possibly longer) trip to Orlando, with 2 weeks right in WDW.
When: 22 Aug to 12 Sept, 2020 (I know, I know…)
Where: 22 to 29 Aug with a friend; 29 Aug to 12 Sept at POFQ, WDW.
Why: Many reasons, including (but not limited to!):

- A re-do
- A celebration
- Acceptance and recovery

The title of this PTR comes from the musical, SiX. It's about Henry VIII's six ex-wives. It's a favourite. I'm a massive theatre fan, especially musical theatre, but you'll soon see that. The theatre, especially musicals, had a very heavy presence throughout my childhood and my general growing up/upbringing and I'm super grateful to my parents for opening that door.

What to expect from this PTR and the TR? Fun. Lots of fun. Loads of puns, books, TV, film and theatre references and more. You guarantee there will be GIFs.

Grab a chair, get comfy and join in! Oh, one more thing. There is usually a story behind EVERYTHING - from nicknames to food to certain songs. If you want to know, keep reading!

Continue

I'm gonna go out on a limb here...are you from Canada? :earboy2:

I am excited to hear more about your plans. I too was raised on musicals, and I love books, and I love tv and movie references sprinkled all throughout everyday life. I can burst into song over just about anything, much to my 9 year old's dismay. :rotfl2: Can't wait to hear more!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here...are you from Canada? :earboy2:

I am excited to hear more about your plans. I too was raised on musicals, and I love books, and I love tv and movie references sprinkled all throughout everyday life. I can burst into song over just about anything, much to my 9 year old's dismay. :rotfl2: Can't wait to hear more!

Yay! You won! However did you guess? ;) :cheer2: Bonus points if you can figure out where I'm living now!

Are you my long lost twin?! Books, tv, movie references and musical?! The kids I used to nanny for asked if I had a mute button, because I would just start singing. Welcome aboard!

The Cast of Characters

Welcome to the Haus, the Haus of Laura and Friends (again, another SiX reference - sorry!!).

This will be primarily a solo trip, but there are a few people making appearances. Here are the main cast!

I am Laura, a Registered Early Childhood Educator, who works as a nanny. This is me.
I'm originally from Canada, and last year, took the plunge, packed up and achieved my long term goal of moving to a certain country.

Disney Characters: Donald, Mickey, Mary and Bert, Louis the Alligator, Mama Odie
Princess and Prince(s): Belle, Merida, Mulan, Tiana and Naveen.
Villains: Ratigan, Gaston (animated and live action) and Dr Facilier
Disney Park(s): Epcot, followed very closely by AK and MK.
Marvel: Iron Man, Thor, Capt and Valkyrie. And an honourable mention to Loki.
Disney Movies: Beauty and the Beast, Mary Poppins, Fantasia, The Great Mouse Detective.
Star Wars Film and Character: Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. Leia, Poe and Chewie.
Songs: Be Our Guest, I'll Make a Man Out of You, Part of Your World, Belle, Sorcerer's Apprentice, This is Halloween, Prince Ali.

Parks:
Disney Park: MK, followed very closely by AK and MK.
Rides: HM, Pirates, BTMRR, Soarin, Expedition Everest, Star Tours, Test Track
Restaurants: Rose and Crown, Coral Reef, Grand Floridian, Sassagoula Floatworks.
Shows: Wishes, Spectro, FoF and Illuminations.

Universal Park: IOA
Universal Rides: Gringotts, ET (#sorrynotsorry), Forbidden Journey.

Team Final Amount

Meet Team Final Amount! The team consists of myself, Poe and Kel. Team Final Amount's story is in the Historemix.

Poe
One of my BFFs. We are super tight and she and I have been through a PILE together. She lives in Florida, with her two daughters. I'll be staying with her for the first week. We met through Kel, via FB, and it's been a ride ever since.

Disney Characters: Ariel, Rapunzel and Stitch
Princess and Prince(s): Rapunzel & Flynn
Marvel: Capt
Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid, Tangled, Lilo and Stitch, Treasure Planet, Meet the Robinsons
Star Wars Film and Character: Empire Strikes Back and Han Solo
Songs: Part of Your World, Go the Distance, Out There, I See The Light & Poor Jack, Disneyland's Fantasmic

Parks:
Disney Park: MK
Rides: ToT, Expedition Everest, Haunted Mansion
Restaurants: Sanaa
Shows: Wishes

Universal Park: USF
Universal Rides: Hagrid, ET

Kel

We met on LJ basically 15 years ago and have kept in contact via text, FB and Facetime ever since.
Disney Characters: Maleficent and the Genies
Princess and Prince(s): Belle and Hercules
Marvel: Captain America and Black Widow
Disney Movies: Aladdin & Nightmare Before Christmas
Star Wars Film and Character: Empire Strikes Back & Leia
Songs: This Is Halloween, Oogie Boogie's Song, Be Prepared, Poor Unfortunate Souls, Part of Your World, I Put a Spell on You (from Hocus Pocus), Friends on the Other SIde.

The Parks:
Disney Park: HS
Rides: ToT, Haunted Mansion, Flight of Passage
Restaurants: Liberty Tree Tavern, 50s Prime Time
Shows: Hocus Pocus Stage Show

Universal Park: US
Universal Rides: Gringotts & ET
Team Sherlock
Two people comprise of Team Sherlock. My friend, Sherlock, and myself, Watson.She is one of my closest friends. We are Sherlock & Watson.

Sherlock
We met via a former acquaintance in MK in 2014. We have bonded over so much, including the bane of our friendship - the mythical Food and Wine Cheddar Cheese Soup.
Disney Characters: Peter Pan
Princess and Prince(s): Belle and Naveen
Marvel: Dr Strange
Disney Movies: Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan 1&2, The Rescuers (#1)
Star Wars Film and Character: Doesn't really have a face film and Mace Windu and Jar Jar.
Songs: Step in Time

Parks:
Disney Park: Epcot
Rides: Flight of Passage, Peter Pan, Soarin'
Restaurants: Be Our Guest, ANything in the Japan Pavilion
Shows: Dream Along With Mickey (R.I.P. to this beauty)

Universal Park: IOA
Universal Rides: Kong, The Mummy

Other Guests
- Pickle and Little Man - the siblings I nanny for
- Mimi - Sherlock's amazing grandma​

The W's

Who: Well, we've established that!

What: An epic 3 week (kind of a redo) trip to Florida, with one week with one of my BFFs (known to you as Poe!) followed by 2 weeks in WDW. Also hints of Universal in there. The trip is happening for a variety reasons, which we'll touch on (most of it) soon.

Where: Orlando, Florida for the first week to stay with Poe and her girls, then a hop, skip and a jump (well, a drive in Poe's car) to POFQ for the following 2 weeks.

When: August 22 to 29, 2020 w/ Poe and the girls
August 29 to Sept 12, 2020 at POFQ

I picked POFQ for several reasons. I’ve stayed here 3x previously and have loved it each time. It’s perfect for me. Quiet, everyone is friendly, a good location. The food is good and I just love it. I looked at several other resorts and they just didn’t grab me the way POFQ does.

There is a possibility I may land in Florida a few days earlier. Due to work circumstances, I'm not needed for long amounts of time during August. Right now, it is sitting at August 22, which is completely fine with me!

Hey Laura!! Excited to follow along with your adventure! I can't find my jumping one, but we have very similar pics:

Also, POFQ is amazing!! We stayed there in January and it was so magical. 🤩

Can't wait for more as it unfolds!

Historemix

Warning: this part is a little text heavy! Sorry!

This trip came together due to a variety of reasons. Just a FYI, I hold dual citizenship between Canada and Britain.

Originally, I was due to visit WDW and Poe in Aug and Sept of last year (2018). It would’ve been a much needed trip.

Long story short: When I returned from my last trip to WDW in 2016, everything kind of blew up. I’d been staying with my mum at the time, as she wasn’t in the best of health. We were close and one of the biggest things we shared in common was our love for Disney. She adored Disney - films, parks, Disney on Broadway. All of it. Her main loves were AK and The Lion King.
One night, she went to bed & unfortunately didn’t wake up the next morning. Everything was left to me to deal with. I basically arranged and held the funeral, packed up a house, and moved, all while working a full time job, by myself. I was so focused on everyone and everything else, I forgot to take care of myself and ended up making myself horribly ill.

So, 2018 rolled around, I was in recovery and doing well. My job at the time was coming to its natural end as both kids would be in/starting school in Sept 2018, and I’d been offered a “dream” nannying job in England, starting date mid Sept. I’d booked myself an almighty 2 week trip to WDW and Universal and 2 weeks with Poe. DDP, the whole shebang. It was a recovery and remembering my mum trip.

The job start date ended up being moved up to July. In under 2 weeks, filled w/ a few all nighters, going away parties and goodbyes later, I flew out to the UK. Which meant I had to cancel my anticipated and much needed trip. Thankfully, Poe understood.

The job? Turned out to be an absolute disaster. Not a dream AT ALL. Nothing to do with me, whatsoever. I’m now in a wonderful job in London.

So, Poe and I were talking back in April and I was saying that the UK Disney site had an excellent deal on. She said to book it for 2020. I talked to my bosses and they said go for it, and gave me a third week on top of my annual 2 week holiday!
PjR_t5Yd4UXfYX1iXei3JC6QaEMMKbo5lUGhA6eDweW8XR904lXpwf8nSK8PgwMKGcnVVDDIPwrXYmD_YP2AAwUgEwwRjeG1o2swlVeCx7az3mjSUTU0HxHpaAdkYJNq5UJHIrEO

So this trip is a redo of the attempted 2018 one and then some!

Attachments

• 1566507928452.png
    1566507928452.png
    256 KB · Views: 0
Meet Team Final Amount
Team Final Amount
We all met YEARS ago and have become close friends. We met online and I've met Poe since then and she is one of my very BFF. She has two daughters who will feature in the but no photos of either will appear (privacy).

Kel and I met through a site called livejournal and have kept in contact for basically 15 years, through emails, texts and Facetime. We created Team Final Amount during the height of a certain person’s Run as a Doctor.

He was hosting a charity event and kept saying, "the FINAL AMOUNT is…". Kel and I, being the Doctor Who nuts and slightly hilariously minded that we are, took this and just ran with it. Hence, Team Final Amount was created. Poe and Kel already knew each other and Poe, also a DW nut and hilariously minded, was automatically inducted into the team.

We’ve bonded over so much. There are requirements to be in #teamfinalamount. These include, but are not limited to:
  • Being a nerd
  • Sarcastic
  • Harry Potter
  • Cynical attitudes at times
  • Quote everything
  • Enjoy Halloween
  • Being noisy
  • Doctor Who
  • Disney
And so much more! We have 3 honorary members too.

I am so sorry about you mom. How difficult for you, all around. :hug:

I hope this trip is tripley (that's a word, right?) magical!

Dining
A very late update! Work has been chaotic and I've been working 60+ hours a week - such is the life of a live in nanny :'D.

Dining has always been a struggle for me, for numerous reasons. One is I can never decide where to eat - do I want to do all new, only the favourites/familiars, a mix of new and faces, or what? Another is I have severe food allergies. I'm also a little hesitant as this will be my first major trip since being diagnosed with an ED just over 2 years ago, but as I'm in an amazing recovery place, and doing really well, we have this!

All of that being said, Disney food is epic. Disney is probably one of the best, if not the best, places on earth to visit if you're like me, who have food allergies. I had my first full meal (appetizer to dessert), outside the safety of my home, at Walt Disney World at the age of 17. This is part of the reason Disney means so much to me.

ANYWAY. It's been decided. This trip will be a mix of new and familiar/fave stops, both TS and CS. I make my ADRs in February. I'll be on the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan.

TS & CS Must Do's/Wants:
(These could change)

AK
Harambe Market

Epcot
Rose & Crown*
Sunshine Seasons**

HS
Sci Fi

MK
Gaston's Tavern

DS
Raglan Road
Cookes of Dublin **

Resorts

1900 Park Fare (Breakfast) - must hang out with the head nanny
Sanaa
Grand Floridian Cafe (Breakfast)

Tentative/Yet to be Decided

Epcot
Coral Reef*

MK
Tony's *
Be Our Guest
Columbia Harbour House

Resorts
Boma**
The Wave**
Cape May Cafe
Olivia's**

Absolute Food Must - Do's:
Mickey Pretzel
Mickey Premium Bar
Mickey Waffles

Anyone who knows me well, knows I love my three food must do's. Nobody gets between me and my pretzels, waffles and premium bars. My mum, whenever I was solo tripping and she knew I was at breakfast, would text me and say, "Have you had your waffles yet? Did the CM serving you survive/manage to get away before you devoured the waffles?" She knew me all too well.

*Family/Solo Trip Traditions
** Brand New

GIVE ME MY DISNEY FOOOOOOOOOOD.
giphy.gif

Continue

FP Wants

In case you haven't noticed, I am a planner. Lists, spreadsheets, colour coding, tabs, highlighters. You name it, I use it when it comes to planning Disney. Anyway, let's talk fastpass. I have only one high on my list, and that's FoP. This nanny runs for noone and nothing. Poe and Kel have been giving me all the advice on how to get one for FoP. I am also sorely tempted to do the AK after hours event. If anyone has done it, please let me know!

AK
Flight of Passage
Expedition Everest (this does have single rider. I'm a single rider)
FotLK
Kilimanjaro Safari
Dinosaur

EP
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Soarin'
Living with the Land (take or leave it)
Frozen (take or leave)

MK

Haunted Mansion
Splash
BTMRR
7 Dwarfs

HS
ToT
Slinky Dog
Star Tours
RotR

Continue

Laura's Must Do Disney
Stacey. Stacey who? It's all about ME now. I kid. I think.
giphy.gif

This is my Must Do list. This trip's Must Do has some new things - all of which I've never done; hence, the Must Do.

Also. Every trip, I make a bucket list. It is the only thing I handwrite and the only handwritten thing that comes to Disney with me. It starts off on a scrap paper and then handwritten onto a fancier piece of paper. I will post the bucket list on another entry, as it really is an entry by itself.

Now, presenting - the most amazing, spectacular, splendid…. LAURA'S MUST DO DISNEY!

Rides and Shows
AK

EE
FotLK **
Safari **
Flight of Passage*
Dinosaur

EP
Test Track
Soarin'
Livin' With the Land
Nemo
Space Ship Earth

HS
Star Tours **
Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
Fantasmic
Tower of Terror
Toy Story Midway Mania
Slinky Dog*
Galaxy's Edge*

MK
All Mountains
Enchanted Tales
Haunted Mansion
Pirates
Festival of Fantasy
Happily Ever After*

Characters

Fab 5
All the Princesses
Chewie and Kylo Ren
Mary Poppins (nanny to nanny)
Peter Pan
Gaston

Photos
Photo taken in front of each park's main icon (SSE, Castle, Tree, Theatre)
In front of Cigar Store Statue **
Selfie around the "World" (meaning World Showcase) **

Food
Pancakes **
Mickey Waffle, Premium Bar and Pretzels**
Beignets
Rose & Crown **
Ice Cream Cone from the shop at MK **

*Brand New
** Traditions

Continue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter