Well I sold my DVC, and boy that was quick!

SL6827

DIS Veteran
I have decided to get a VGS surgery in Mexico (weight loss) this summer and I decided to sell my contract at OKW to help finance it. It will be missed but I feel as though this is of more importance now. Might jump back in when the market cools down a bit later on, cause right now, it is hot.

The reason I say it is hot, I had the contract for 9 months maybe? Bought it for $98 a point, sold it for $115 a point in one day. The agent didn't even think we would get full asking price for it, but we did. We stayed one night at the BCVS, two nights at the AKL-CL and four nights at SSR. Awesome time was had. Not a bad investment I must say, but if we ever jump back in, it will be once the market cools down, lol.

Since there was no counter offer on it, I believe the buyers were looking for the September use year on it. Maybe.

Just sold my OKW too. Bought in 2006 for $76 and sold at full list price of $92. Was listed for about a week. Got word, today, that the mouse is taking it in ROFR so Disney will be sending me a check. How about that?!?!!? Anyway, we still have 450 other points so we are good.

As I see it, the demand is VERY good for all DVC Owners. In fact, I'll probably be looking to buy an add-on within the next 6-months to give my kids an extra 20-years or so.

Since there was no counter offer on it, I believe the buyers were looking for the September use year on it. Maybe.
Possibly. I have a September use year and they don't seem to be that common when I'm looking. I made a full price offer on my SSR contract because I had been looking for a small September contract for a few months.

Possibly. I have a September use year and they don't seem to be that common when I'm looking. I made a full price offer on my SSR contract because I had been looking for a small September contract for a few months.
Right, one thing I learned was that use year was of no matter to me, so if we ever jump back in that will not even cross my mind.

wow that was fast! Think initially we were looking at the same time and researching. We bought OKW in fall 2017, offer made oct 2017 for 100pts 65pp. We also could sell now and make some nice cash, but we would never find such a great deal again.

wow that was fast! Think initially we were looking at the same time and researching. We bought OKW in fall 2017, offer made oct 2017 for 100pts 65pp. We also could sell now and make some nice cash, but we would never find such a great deal again.
Correct.

I had no idea I had a less common use year until about 5 months ago. It worked in my favor I suppose.

I have decided to get a VGS surgery in Mexico (weight loss) this summer and I decided to sell my contract at OKW to help finance it. It will be missed but I feel as though this is of more importance now. Might jump back in when the market cools down a bit later on, cause right now, it is hot.
Glad it worked out well for you, and good luck with your weight loss surgery. Be well.

I think I'm the sucka who bought that contract. Yes, I overpaid a bit. I didn't want to lose it to some other bidder over a measly $80. Yes, the Use year was important to me, it's easier to manage my contracts. Happy you are happy! We all win!

I think I'm the sucka who bought that contract. Yes, I overpaid a bit. I didn't want to lose it to some other bidder over a measly $80. Yes, the Use year was important to me, it's easier to manage my contracts. Happy you are happy! We all win!
$80 meaning ($2 X 40 points)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter