Well, that didn't go just quite as planned ..... an Aug/Sept 17 Update 07/12

I'm hooked...this trip report is awesome. I really love the details you give. I feel like I'm reading my favorite book.

Wow!! How did you get such an amazing upgrade on the flight? I want to learn that trick!!

Hi Karin

Following along on your and Toms adventures. Congrats on the upgrades wow Buisness Class looks amazing and upgraded to a 1 bedroom :thumbsup2

Awesome that customs was so smooth. This sounded like a super smooth travel day, I’m so pleased everything went so nicely. Add to it a room upgrade? Wow! Sorry about not getting into Epcot though. Disappointing after doing so well with timing. But a great idea to go get some treats for the night.

I'm here!! The food on the plane looked yummy! I was impressed! Can't wait for the next update!

Joining in! I just love your adventures! We are currently planning a 14 night WDW trip/wedding, and I thought that was a long time - but a full month?! Wow!

I'm hooked...this trip report is awesome. I really love the details you give. I feel like I'm reading my favorite book.

:welcome:
I am very happy to hear that you enjoy the TR. We did enjoy the trip too. ;)

Wow!! How did you get such an amazing upgrade on the flight? I want to learn that trick!!

I wish I knew. ::yes:: We were SO surprised to see our seat assignment had been changed when we checked in online ......... and then it dawned on me ........... those rows meant Business Class - there were two very happy 50 somethings dancing around the room :rotfl2:

Hi Karin

Following along on your and Toms adventures. Congrats on the upgrades wow Buisness Class looks amazing and upgraded to a 1 bedroom :thumbsup2

Great to know that you are joining us as well.
On such a long flight Business Class was such a blessing - you arrive a lot more relaxed having a bit more room on the plane and service was really very good. Then to walk into that one bedroom :banana: - unfortunately it was only for one night, but started the vacation on a high. Little did we know than that we would have to extend it by a week.

Yay for upgrades! Looks like a nice start, even to a short line at customs!:dancer:

Upgrades are always nice ........ who doesn't love them. :goodvibes
Lines at customs are always what I fear the most. There are several European planes arriving in a small window of time and if you are the last one to land they will not allow you off the plane and then you can join the VERY long line of new arrivals. We were so lucky to arrive when we did as the customs hall was empty. We just could not believe what we saw and then being first off the plane as well. :cheer2:

Great! Another trip report. I always enjoy reading your reports. Score on getting bumped up to business class.

Your title was absolutely scary!! I was like, "oh, no! what went WRONG?" ... I mean, aside from the storm, so far it seems like everything has gone right. :rotfl:

Looking forward to more!

I love your trip reports!

Great to have you. And thank you for sticking with us during our TRs.

Awesome that customs was so smooth.

We were AMAZED! It was like everything was going to work as planned ........ well, it did in places, but then ......... ;)

This sounded like a super smooth travel day, I’m so pleased everything went so nicely.

Yes, we were really happy with everything ..... until we arrived at Epcot and a closed Guest Service window. We should have just known that they would not be able that late. ::yes::

Add to it a room upgrade? Wow!

Not as planned, but GREAT surprise. :hyper:

Sorry about not getting into Epcot though. Disappointing after doing so well with timing.

Didn't work out quite as planned, like a few other things and voila we had a title for the TR. :laughing:

But a great idea to go get some treats for the night.

Those doughnuts made up for not getting into Epcot - boy, they were so yummy. :goodvibes

I'm here!! The food on the plane looked yummy! I was impressed! Can't wait for the next update!

Happy to welcome you here!
Business class food is REALLY nice on Lufthansa. And the service is great. Adds a lot to arrive relaxed after a 10 hour flight and a 6 hour time change.

Joining in! I just love your adventures! We are currently planning a 14 night WDW trip/wedding, and I thought that was a long time - but a full month?! Wow!

Nice to know that you decided to join us again. :goodvibes
14 Disney nights is GREAT! And then a Disney wedding, I presume! :thumbsup2
Thankfully for us this "short trip" of 19 nights was extended by Hurricane Irma. :laughing: We just love LONG vacations, especially at Disney. Last year's was 41 nights - 39 of those nights were at Disney - HEAVEN!

Great! Another trip report. I always enjoy reading your reports. Score on getting bumped up to business class.

Great to know that you are coming along for this adventure as well.
It started out really well with the airline upgrade and then the one bedroom. :cloud9: There were a few ups and downs this trip and some things just didn't turn out as planned. :rolleyes1

Thanks, your report is great.

Happy you decided to join us.

Your title was absolutely scary!! I was like, "oh, no! what went WRONG?" ... I mean, aside from the storm, so far it seems like everything has gone right. :rotfl:

Looking forward to more!

Happy to see that you joined us despite the scary title. :goodvibes
Well, it wasn't a scary trip, just that a few things just didn't go as we had carefully planned it to be. :rolleyes:

i-4BWLd2x-XL.jpg

Day 2, August 23

Happily ever after in a new resort - part 1

Not accustomed to the time change we were up early.
Really early, like 6am.
We just could not sleep any more and Tom made some coffee and we had some Krispy Kreme for breakfast and watched a little more TV. Around 9am and after nice hot showers we collected the rest of the soaps and shampoos that were on offer in the villa and packed up our stuff.

i-nQPFCvp-L.jpg

We called bell services and someone came super quickly to pick up our luggage, which we asked to have transfered to the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, a new resort for us. Luggage out of the way we put the carry-ons into the car and then headed towards Epcot to finally pick up our annual passes. I had bought them in early January to take advantage of the 13 month annual passes as they would also cover 2018’s vacation as well.
So around 10am we walked up onto the ticket booth and asked if we were in the right place to exchange our passes and the girl said that she could do that. So we handed her the confirmation number and our DVC cards and passports and she started to process our annual passes. And while she was doing so I noticed that she wrote August 23 as the expiration date.
I let her know that I had bought these Gold Passes as 13 for 12 passes and that it said so in MDE. Needless to say that it took a while to pull it up and it had already reverted to the regular pass she had printed out. She then proceeded to lecture us that the 13 for 12 had only been for renewals and that ours had always just been a regular one, which got me pretty worked up.
I had to bite my tongue a few times as she would not let up, but then told us to go and try if Guest Services could “fix” it for us.
By then I had gotten pretty angry as she had made it sound like we wanted something that we were not entitled to, while I knew I had the screenshot of the 13 for 12 on my computer
… which was in the car.
We finally gave in, picked up our stuff and walked over to guest services. The Cast Member there, Bryan looked into the matter, told us that he could see that we had bought the pass 13 for 12 and smilingly said that he would change everything for us.
My good mood returned quickly, now that next year’s vacation was taken care off as well, but it seemed to take quite long for him to get things corrected. After a while he asked if we knew that there was a new promotion and that we could actually get a Platinum Plus Pass for the price of a Gold Pass.
I quickly let him know that I would rather have the 13 for 12, it was more valuable for us and with a smile he mentioned that we still had the 13 for 12, but he had applied the new offer as well and we were now to get the Platinum Plus Pass good for 13 months and he was sorry it had taken so long, but he had added everything to MDE and the passes were now on our magic bands and so were our Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets.
Now we were really happy and I asked Bryon if he could write himself a recommendation.
And smiling he said that unfortunately that was not possible, only his collegue on the other side would be able to do that. Bryan’s face was priceless when we quickly moved over to the other side and asked his fellow cast member to write a letter of praise for Bryan, which he happily did. It had taken longer than we had anticipated, but with the

third upgrade within 36 hours

and a new annual pass in hand we flew through bag check and scanned our new pass and entered Epcot. World Showcase still had not opened, so the countries on the way were super empty and we took a photo or two

i-9pwRCQD-L.jpg

i-48SBq9X-XL.jpg

i-X4wqqVV-L.jpg

before heading to the newly refurbished Mission Space, which we had a Fast Pass for. We had missed the Fast Pass for Spaceship Earth because of the annual pass issues, but we did not mind too much as we had a lot more time planned at Epcot. On the way we realized that we had forgotten to apply sun protection and I could feel my skin reacting to the Florida sun. So we walked into the first open shop and bought a can of sun protection spray, which we then applied right outside the shop. And then finally we went to our first ride. Mission Space, team orange, was awesome as always

i-DqR4vKr-L.jpg

and Tom had fun trying on a few new “ears” in the gift shop. Then we slowly walked over to “The Land” pavilion for our next fast pass ride on Soarin.

i-C63jF5w-XL.jpg

We still had some time before we could ride, so we decided to just grab a bite to eat at Sunshine Seasons. We walked in and had a look at the different offerings and finally decided on the

i-jxS67k2-L.jpg

i-KTD9cbb-L.jpg

Spicy Fish Tacos, topped with cabbage slaw and poblano pepper aioli with potato salad and a large Diet Coke to share. It was more than enough food for both of us to hold us over until lunch and sitting there and enjoying the food was a nice distraction until our fast pass window opened.
Once we had put the trash away we walked over to Soarin’, scanned our magic bands and proceeded to our glider. We were very lucky as they had two seats left over on the middle glider, which we prefer, as the sights won’t tilt so much. A few minutes later we took our seats and off we went to soar across the world. The ride was as fun as we remembered and all too soon we landed back in the theatre and got off. We still had time until we wanted to drive over to the Grand Floridian and since wait time for Living with the land was pretty short we got in line and soon were on board one of the boats and on our way to the greenhouse.

i-nnn4dVG-L.jpg

i-f7tp75G-L.jpg

i-9jzKrjM-L.jpg

i-5ffm8nK-XL.jpg

i-jP7zN8D-L.jpg

i-Mj5dbNX-L.jpg

This is such a fun little ride that just doesn’t get old and we love seeing all the plants and new things in the greenhouse. When we got off we decided to then walk back to the International Gateway walking past some more of the countries. It was getting seriously hot by then and after cooling down again inside Mousegear we made our way over to World Showcase.

i-kmJ5p2N-L.jpg

It was packed and we slowly strolled along, stopping here and there to take a closer look at things. Once we had reached the American Adventure we needed a break from the heat and we needed a drink and wandered inside the Liberty Inn and since we had only shared the Tacos a few hours before we went to order some food as well. Put the annual pass to good use and got a nice discount, then picked up our food and drinks and quickly found a table and sat down. We had decided to share two burgers and had ordered the

i-B3J2GgR-L.jpg

i-f2CxbD8-L.jpg

All American Burger, a 7-oz. Angus burger, Vermont sharp cheddar, smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato, pickle on a brioche bun served with french fries and the

i-PxVqqVJ-L.jpg

Barbecue Pork Sandwich, topped with Crispy Onions and served on a Kaiser roll with Apple Slices and French Fries. Both were pretty big and for an instant we regretted having ordered both, but once eating we discovered that we had been hungrier that we had expected. We sat for quite some time, people watching and nibbling on our food and around quarter to two we left the restaurant and strolled towards the exit, waved goodbye to Epcot for the day and slowly walked back to the Beach Club Villas and our car, got in and off we went.

To be continued ........

How in the world could the first girl with the APs not see something that Bryan could see immediately??? Glad he got everything sorted as well as an upgrade to the tickets :cool1:

It's terrible when the day starts off so hot. Some mornings it's already super humid at 7am.

Living with the Land always makes me happy. And the short wait doesn't ever hurt.

:mad: What? One CM couldn't figure out something that Bryan did immediately?:sad2: Sounds like someone (the other CM) was having a bad day or just going through the motions. Glad you got that sorted out!!
Are there no pictures for us of Tom trying on the ears? That would have been so cute.:earboy2: I always loved to have something to tease my older (late) brother with...his was his 'Indiana Jones' hat and his Davey Crockett Frontier (coonskin as it was called in the 50's)cap. Ahh, if I only still had him to tease.
Seems I've read so much in trip reports about the excessive heat in Orlando this year..hmmm.

What a mess I understand your frustration :mad:
Bryan certainly made up for it glad it was straightened out and with an upgrade :thumbsup2
We love the new Soarin and Living with Land is so relaxing.
Looking forward to your first stay at GF such a beautiful resort.

Joining along for the ride!

So jealous of the airplane food! I get excited for the Blue Terra Chips on Jet Blue with my Diet Coke .

Even more excited that I just booked our flights for next August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!