Well, that didn't go just quite as planned ..... an Aug/Sept 17 Update 07/12

I'm so sorry to hear about the flu and your broken toe :crutches:
I'm glad you're feeling better. The flu has been really bad this year.

After three weeks I am actually looking forward to go back to work. :scared1: Our doctor told me that this flu is pretty bad and people take quite some time to recover. It was just so unusual to not being able to recover within a few days. But the good thing is that I missed the cold spell with temperatures WAY below 0°C.

DD is officially a senior this year but she has a double major so about another year or so to graduate.

I had to google that ......... :rotfl2:our school system here is different.

I love Hocus Pocus glad you got to see the show.

I was so happy Pamela told me to watch the movie, so I understood what it was all about and it was a great show. We really were happy we stayed to watch it.

Wow wonderful pixie dust for the great seats to watch the parade.

We could not believe our luck. The seats were AWESOME and just to be able to SIT and watch was great. That definitely was a huge dusting of pixie dust.

I’m so glad you’re starting to feel better :hug:

What a fun update! :teeth: I still have candy in my fridge :laughing: so many great photos! That parade viewing was too awesome. I wish I had gotten a video of mom with the characters. I hope they have the Hocus Pocus part again this year, its one of my favorite things!

I’m so glad you’re starting to feel better :hug:

I was kind of wondering if I would ever be able to get out of bed again. Never had had anything like it before. It completely wore me out. But I am going back to work tomorrow - for two weeks, lol, then our Easter break starts. :rotfl2:

What a fun update! :teeth:

And it was all thanks to you girls!

I still have candy in my fridge :laughing: so many great photos!

I handed out the candy to my students for Halloween. We had a class party and went trick or treating in the school building. So I handed out the candy to my collegues first, then went to collect again. LOL
We got some great Photopass pics that day!

That parade viewing was too awesome. I wish I had gotten a video of mom with the characters.

That was so awesome! That is what I call pixie dusting. And it was so much fun to watch JJ, she just loved the attention of the characters. Tom and I were in tears, because we laughed so hard.

I hope they have the Hocus Pocus part again this year, its one of my favorite things!

We were so happy we stayed and watched it and that I had seen the movie beforehand. If onlyI could sit through Avatar now. :rolleyes1

I had that flu! Had to call out of work 4 days... and felt really run down for at least 6 if not more... I got tired so easily! Glad you're on the flip side!

It's been so long since you updated I had to go back to your TOC and figure out where you were at in this TR. I couldn't remember if you had gone on the cruise, but you just arrived a day or two before! :lmao:

Sounds like a fun party! Fran and I don't want to gather any candy....although we could hand it out to CMs on the cruise instead of the Ghiradelli Squares that we normally bring! I want to concentrate on getting photos with rare and interesting characters when we go!

I am glad you are feeling better. The flu has been so bad this year. Luckily we have missed it at our house, but I know many people who pretty much sad they felt like they were dying it was so bad.

What a great spot for the parade! You are so lucky!!! That really is a good parade too.

I was kind of wondering if I would ever be able to get out of bed again. Never had had anything like it before. It completely wore me out. But I am going back to work tomorrow - for two weeks, lol, then our Easter break starts. :rotfl2:

I like the sound of that! Its been 6 months since vacation and I’m getting a bit out if sorts. I need more than 3 days off in a row. Thankfully one is coming up in two weeks for my birthday. I’m just going home but I’ll be off work. Whew!

And it was all thanks to you girls!

It was fabulous company all around :teeth:

That was so awesome! That is what I call pixie dusting. And it was so much fun to watch JJ, she just loved the attention of the characters. Tom and I were in tears, because we laughed so hard.

She really enjoyed it that’s for sure!

We were so happy we stayed and watched it and that I had seen the movie beforehand. If onlyI could sit through Avatar now. :rolleyes1

I believe in you, you can do it!

Welcome back Karin! I've been thinking about you. I've been a bit absent on the boards myself. Just sleepy by the time I have time to read I'm sorry you were so sick. I've been sick for 3 days myself. I stayed home today to try to get some rest. I hope I can gain strength soon, we leave for Disney in 9 days and I have so much to do. All I want to do is sleep right now.
The party looks really fun. I love that you got the VIP seating for the parade!

yay! i was just telling my boyfriend about your trip reports and how i'm so jealous you go to disney for a full month! i used to just lurk your trips, i won't lie! but since i am now planning my own i'm trying to be more active on the DIS! can't wait to read all about your trip :)

I had that flu! Had to call out of work 4 days... and felt really run down for at least 6 if not more... I got tired so easily! Glad you're on the flip side!

I was sick all of our half term holiday (1 week) and then had to call in sick for two more weeks. Thankfully there is no limit on sick days here in Austria as long as you have a physician giving you a piece of paper saying that you ARE sick.
Thankfully I am feeling better now, especially since we are on our Easter break now. :rotfl2:

It's been so long since you updated I had to go back to your TOC and figure out where you were at in this TR. I couldn't remember if you had gone on the cruise, but you just arrived a day or two before! :lmao:
Yi

Yip, been a long time ....... in between work and being sick it was hard to keep track. ::yes::

Sounds like a fun party! Fran and I don't want to gather any candy....although we could hand it out to CMs on the cruise

That's exactly what we did! We had so much that at the end of our 4 day cruise we handed them out several hands full at a time. :rotfl2:

I want to concentrate on getting photos with rare and interesting characters when we go!

Don't think Tom is into that ...... but we will see all the great shots, now that our accounts are connected. :woohoo:

I am glad you are feeling better. The flu has been so bad this year.

It was the longest I have ever been "down" with something. And I did not feel like getting up any time soon the first two weeks. It was really bad and lots of the other teachers came down with it as well, as did a lot of the students.

What a great spot for the parade! You are so lucky!!! That really is a good parade too.

It was unbelieveable! We were so lucky to be invited to sit there. We love the parade and the music is so catchy.

I need more than 3 days off in a row. Thankfully one is coming up in two weeks for my birthday. I’m just going home but I’ll be off work. Whew!

Hope you enjoy your trip home! I am sure JJ will take great care of you. :hug:

I've been a bit absent on the boards myself. Just sleepy by the time I have time to read I'm sorry you were so sick. I've been sick for 3 days myself. I stayed home today to try to get some rest.

No problem here with being absent, especially since you have been sick as well. That flu that went around was really bad. So many people were knocked out by it and for a long period of time.

we leave for Disney in 9 days and I have so much to do.

Guess you are already there - so HAVE FUN and enjoy! Are you travelling with your beautiful family again?

The party looks really fun. I love that you got the VIP seating for the parade!

It was so much fun! And sharing it with Pam and JJ was awesome. Can't wait for this summer's parties.

i-4BWLd2x-XL.jpg

Day 5, August 26

Treasure hunts and being rained out - part 1

Day 5 of our vacation had broken, but we were not up early.

After having a fun night out at the Magic Kingdom we had decided to just sleep in and made a late breakfast ADR. So around 9.30 we took the boat over to the Polynesian for breakfast at Kona Café.
Pamela had already signed us in and once we had arrived it only took a few minutes and we were led to our table.
Menus in hand we sat there and watched our server, who rushed from table to table. We finally ordered our drinks and food and soon enough we were served our delicious breakfast.
Tom had ordered the

i-S6m9KHm-L.jpg

Loco-Moco, a traditional Island Brunch staple which features a Tower of Rice, a Grilled Hamburger Patty, House- made Chorizo Gravy, Two Fried Eggs, and topped with a Tomato Salsa, which was a huge serving, but just what he needed and he enjoyed it very much. I had ordered an old favourite,

i-Jzk8mWM-L.jpg

the Seven Seas Samoan, Poached Eggs with Citrus Hollandaise Sauce on Pulled Pork and Turkey Hash with Mustard Greens and Tomatoes tossed in a Citrus Vinaigrette, served with a side of breakfast potatoes. It was as yummy as I had remembered it and we all enjoyed our breakfasts. Once we had finished and left the restaurant, we were talking about what to do next and all decided why not going treasure hunting with Tom. He likes to geo-cache and he had a few on property caches he wanted to find, so we all went along. We went down to the boat launch and rode the boat over to Wilderness Lodge.

i-zs6TSH2-L.jpg

This cache involved a photo of the geyser and it was quickly in the bag

i-P2Pg54q-L.jpg

and we walked around the grounds for a short while before heading back to the boat launch and this time we went over to Fort Wilderness.
Lots of fun was had while riding over there, even though the weather was not always very nice and there were grey clouds looming. At Fort Wilderness we all looked for the cache and finally found it, and while there we got to chat with one of the cast members who worked at Trail’s End

i-BWqwJXq-L.jpg

and therefore stayed way longer than we had actually thought about.

i-T9L949r-L.jpg

It was already half past one when we finally returned to our hotels to quickly freshen up and then head out to our park of choice for the afternoon, the Animal Kingdom. We drove over, parked our car and at 3pm were on our way into the park.

i-MztVXsS-L.jpg

We had already missed the first one of our Fastpasses, but we were sure there would be other times we would be able to ride Expedition Everest. Once we were inside the park

i-kPdGZcM-XL.jpg

we had to hurry, as we were way inside our second Fastpass window. So we walked over to Africa

i-xJpfRQP-XL.jpg

i-hgJhdh7-L.jpg

i-psbd6bg-L.jpg

and scanned our Magic Bands at Kilimanjaro Safaris. There was quite the line for standby and even the Fastpass Line got slow before the last check point, but soon enough we were divided into lines and waiting for our Safari to take off. It was a nice afternoon, even though it was overcast and there were a lot of animals along the Safari route.

i-H8qvvwc-L.jpg

i-9PGdVgm-L.jpg

i-fMLZm4k-L.jpg

i-7Pp42xF-L.jpg

i-sK3xDcJ-L.jpg

i-whcg4tT-L.jpg

i-w2NBNcN-L.jpg

i-nsdNKtw-L.jpg

i-FDJdjnG-XL.jpg

i-5LkTWCB-L.jpg

i-89PMgMQ-L.jpg

i-Pd64ZQk-L.jpg

i-gKLNDwZ-L.jpg

i-GCt3cNr-L.jpg

We really like that ride and it never gets old, as there is always so much to look at. Once we got off we had one more ride planned before we would head to Tiffins for dinner with the Rivers of Light package.

To be continued ........

i-4BWLd2x-XL.jpg

Day 5, August 26

Treasure hunts and being rained out - part 2

Once we got off we had one more ride planned before we would head to Tiffins for dinner with the Rivers of Light package. Pamela and Jeanette had been to Pandora before and led the way.
I have to admit that I have not seen the movie and neither has Tom.
We both tried to watch it, but it just is not what appeals to us, and maybe that is one of the reasons why I was less impressed with the whole area. While it is very nicely done it didn’t really “speak” to me and in later talks Tom stated the same. But it was nice exploring and we were happy that Pamela knew where to go as we would have taken way longer to find the entrance to the Na’vi River Journey.
Again, we scanned our Magic Bands and then went along the path. It was long and winding, but finally we got to our boat, were assigned a row and off we went.
Again, it might have helped both Tom and I to know more about the movie, but we were both underwhelmed.
We didn’t know it by then, but it should stay the only time we rode it, even though we got back to Animal Kingdom a few more times. Once we had gotten off and left the ride area we discovered that it had started to rain. It was just a light rain and we did not even take out our ponchos, while we slowly made our way through Pandora and over to Tiffins.
We arrived there about half an hour early and since they seemed to have just opened up we thought we might try our luck and be seated early. So we walked up to the host stand and asked and were told that there was no way to be seated early.
By then it had started to rain much harder and we all needed to put on out ponchos to wait until they would seat us. We stuck around the restaurant and about 15 minutes later we were finally called to the restaurant. We then had to wait another few minutes until a server took us to our table. They seated us at a nice four top towards the back of the restaurant and our server was a very lively one, but she was hard, very hard to understand for a non native. Thankfully we had Pamela and Jeanette to help us out.

i-kJZXVjr-L.jpg

We quickly ordered our drinks and then were left to study the menu. The package entitled us to an appetizer, a main course and a dessert and I had read a lot of reviews of the restaurant and was really looking forward to experience it for myself. Didn’t take long and our server was back, explained the menu some more and we all placed our orders. Lots of laughs were shared while we nibbled on some bread, waiting for things to come. And before we knew it, our starters were served. Tom had ordered the

i-tgmm3vq-L.jpg

Marinated Grilled Octopus with salsify, saffron aioli and lemon-caper olive oil. It looked pretty good, and Tom gave it the thumbs up. I had not been sure on what to order, but thought that the

i-gQJnRZ9-L.jpg

Black-Eyed Pea Fritters, served with Zhoug yogurt and pappadew puree sounded good. Well, they were rather hard and dry and lacked some taste as well. My bad, I should have ordered something else. I did not finish my dish, but then I wasn’t very hungry anyway. The server came, joked with Jeanette and Pamela and cleared our plates and soon put our main course plates in front of us. Having read many reviews I had thought that the

i-Wf6WPCR-L.jpg

i-rzjkdK5-L.jpg

Snake River Farm's Wagyu Eye of Ribeye, served with marble potato confit, bacon-sherry vinaigrette, cauliflower variations and amarula crème would be nice to try. We both had ordered it and again it was a bit of a letdown.
Not only was my plate just lukewarm after taking a few photos, I also found the meat to be slightly tough and underseasoned.
Tom’s was a bit better, but in the end he said that he would not order it again either. Again, I did not clean my plate, but both Jeanette and Pamela enjoyed their dishes very much. The server brought our tickets for Rivers of Light

i-NRzfFhv-L.jpg

and then handed us the dessert menu. Tom, who doesn’t have a very sweet tooth had a hard time deciding on something and was going to not order anything, but then decided on ordering something and let Pamela and Jeanette have it, as the server recommended it so much. So he got the

i-6vfd28f-L.jpg

i-9TXrFSt-L.jpg

i-DcmHjcM-L.jpg

Passion Fruit Tapioca Crème, served with Chocolate crumble and citrus fruits. It looked nice and Pamela and Jeanette enjoyed it very much. If there is something with the word chocolate in it, then I know what to order, so I got the

i-mTjR5v3-L.jpg

South American Chocolate Ganache, caramelized banana and cocoa nib tuile. It saved the night, as it was pretty nice, but by then my mind was set that for us there was no burning reason to head back to Tiffins any time soon.
We paid our bills and a few minutes later we headed back outside into the now pouring rain. There was quite some time left until Rivers of Light and I was not sure we wanted to stay and wait for it, so Tom and I were pretty happy when Pamela and Jeanette stated that they had both already seen it and didn’t mind if we skipped it. So instead of waiting for Rivers of Light we stopped into the shops and looked around, having fun trying on hats and ears and checking out the merchandise.

i-D5CzNpd-L.jpg

i-9KqcPHB-XL.jpg

i-QBP29wT-XL.jpg

Around 7pm we went towards the exit and headed back out to the car. On our way back to the Grand Floridian we dropped Pamela and Jeanette off at the Polynesian and then headed to our resort, parked the car and hiked back to our building. We were both tired and rested for a while, watching TV until finally heading out onto the balcony to watch the Water Pageant go by.

i-4jzfWrp-L.jpg

i-tvQ5hdX-L.jpg

After that we went to bed, we had another exciting day ahead of us the next day.

To be continued ........

So glad you are feeling better. We got a virus that knocked us out for over a week. It made the rounds though the 5 of us. Not fun. What awesome pixie dust for the Halloween Parade! Very much enjoying your trip!

That was such a lovely low-key day.

Breakfast was soooo good!!!

It was great fun treasure hunting with Tom :)

My memory was playing tricks on me, I thought you and Tom enjoyed Tiffin’s as much as we had. I remember you both saying how delicious and tender the meat was. I’m sorry you were underwhelmed. That dessert Tom let me have is one of my top desserts of all time popcorn::

Happy Easter! I just found your trip report and am following along! Love how you guys were pixie dusted everywhere you went! Can't wait to read more :-)

So glad you are feeling better.

Thank you!

What awesome pixie dust for the Halloween Parade! Very much enjoying your trip!

It was so unbelieveable. That spot was AMAZING. That was definitely a huge pixie dusting.

That was such a lovely low-key day.

It was a pure relaxing vacation day.

Breakfast was soooo good!!!

That was one awesome breakfast. We were so lucky you stayed at the Poly so we could make good use of their restaurants - will we visit Olivia's this year?

It was great fun treasure hunting with Tom :)

It is his new favourite thing to do ....... and he has already picked out some caches on the way to Key West and for our cruise. He even searched for and found the one at Castaway Cay last year.

My memory was playing tricks on me, I thought you and Tom enjoyed Tiffin’s as much as we had.

I don't think we "complained" about it in the restaurant - I think I told you about the fact that it would not be very "European". :rotfl2: Here you do not complain in the restaurant unless something is really unedible.
I am pretty sure I told you about the hair I found in one of the Remy desserts ..........
As for Tiffins - I think they started to tick me off when they would not let us sign in early.
I picked a starter that was not up to par for that kind of restaurant, well I picked it, my fault. Was the meat horrible? No, it wasn't but it wasn't something to write home about either. Might have had to do with it being just lukewarm (at least mine) after taking photos. But you should think that it would stay hot for longer than it takes to take a few pics.
Wasn't a huge fan of the server either, but that is another story .........

Happy Easter! I just found your trip report and am following along! Love how you guys were pixie dusted everywhere you went! Can't wait to read more :-)

:welcome:
I am very happy the Easter bunny brought you over to my TR. ;)
We got a lot of pixie dust, but we also ran into a lady named Irma, lateron that trip. And she even added on to our trip. :faint: :rotfl2:
More coming up shortly.

Happy Easter!!!!

Happy Easter to you too! Hope you enjoy your Easter vacation.

i-4BWLd2x-XL.jpg

Day 6, August 27

Savor, Sip and Sparkle - part 1

We were up earlier that day and it looked like it was going to be another nice day, but also a sad one, as we were to say goodbye to Pamela and Jeanette, whose stay at the Polynesian Resort was coming to an end. So after getting up we got ready and by 9am we were at the Monorail to ride it over to the Contemporary Resort for breakfast.

i-MHkPwkM-L.jpg

i-LKK6qpt-XL.jpg

We were a little late when we arrived and our friends were already there and so we quickly signed in and were taken to a table within minutes. Our server came by to take orders for drinks and to explain the regular menu versus the buffet and handed Pamela a list of items that were safe for her from the buffet. We all opted for the buffet and while the server went to get our drinks we all hit the buffet. Tom and I really like the Wave buffet, even though we usually stay away from buffets. There are lots of yummy things and most even gets to the table hot. But we started with some cold items. Tom got the

i-sqJT3g5-L.jpg

yogurt and homemade granola, some fruit and two small muffins, while I went with the same

i-5xQpZgR-L.jpg

yogurt and granola, but opted for less fruit and a Danish pastry. We all headed back to our seats where Jeanette’s little friend was already waiting.

i-5rHGd6J-L.jpg

Drinks were already served and we indulged in our food.

i-pjrptrh-L.jpg

Soon it was time for round two. We all went and filled our plates again. Tom had some

i-gV6MsJ7-L.jpg

scrambled eggs, hash, bacon, breakfast wraps, a deviled egg, an egg Benedict and a helping of breakfast potato casserole. I had picked my favourites, a

i-F3FVhsP-L.jpg

Mickey waffle, an egg Benedict, a deviled egg, bacon, scrambled eggs, a sausage link and some cheesy grits. We all sat at the table raving about our food, when the server came by again and Jeanette mentioned that the grits looked good, but they had bacon in it, so the server went to get her some without any bacon. He returned with a huge bowl full of it

i-3DqfnqX-L.jpg

and we had so much fun with the server.

i-gV9JXQF-L.jpg

Lots and lots of laughs were shared at that breakfast.
But everything comes to an end and so did our breakfast extravaganza. It was now time to head over to the Magic Kingdom for some more fun, before Pamela and Jeanette had to leave again. It is a nice short stroll over to the park and soon we had been through bag check and scanned our Magic Bands and were on our way into more fun adventures.

i-W4fh3d7-L.jpg

i-QhqcvMQ-L.jpg

i-N3WBRWx-XL.jpg

We had some Fastpasses to use, so off we went to use the first one on the Jungle Cruise.

i-cZLd4zf-L.jpg

The regular line wasn’t too bad, but it was still nice to just hop into the Fastpass one and be seated quickly. Pamela and Jeanette were seated in the middle,

i-Lzp8hMV-L.jpg

while Tom and I took the last two seats on the outside. And off we went. Our skipper had us in stitches from the moment we left and it is fun that even though those jokes seldom change it always makes you laugh.

i-4289Vgw-L.jpg

i-3c8Ff98-L.jpg

Far too soon our ride came to an end and we had to get off. We strolled over towards Big Thunder Mountain and again used our Fastpass to pass by most of the line. Didn’t take long and we were shown to our rows on the runaway mine train. We asked for the back of the train and it was no problem and soon we got into our seats and off we went. We all love this ride and had so much fun.

i-zQB8fFr-L.jpg

Once we were off the ride we had a little time to kill, so we stopped for some fun photopass photos.

i-BGZqv8G-XL.jpg

i-tWMSG32-L.jpg

i-TxKLpbz-L.jpg

After that we slowly moved over to Liberty Square, strolling through the shops and popping into the Christmas Store as well. Then it was time for our next Fastpass ride, the Haunted Mansion.

i-zsRXLRb-XL.jpg

We got in line and soon found ourselves in the stretching room and then in a pretty full room slowly creeping towards the Doom Buggies. But finally we were all seated and off we went again. All too soon it was time to get off again and since it was nearly time for Jeanette and Pamela to leave, so we got on one last ride before we were all to leave the park. We made our way over to Tomorrowland and got onto the Peoplemover. As it has very often happened to us, the ride stopped on route through Space Mountain

i-M8b3QXQ-L.jpg

i-TtGPV99-M.jpg

and we sat there for a while trying not to fall asleep. But after a few minutes we moved again and soon it was time to get off the ride. We made our way towards the exit of the park and soon it was time to say goodbye to Pamela and Jeanette for a while. Thankfully we were to see them again when we returned from our cruise, but it was hard saying goodbye as we had had so much fun together. Once they were gone we made our way back to the Grand Floridian.

To be continued ........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!