Well, that dog washing trick didn't work!

disykat

This person totally gets me
I saw what I thought was a genius idea on line yesterday and thought I'd give it a whirl for my dog's pre-holiday bath. First, you need to understand that I have a deep seeded fear of peanut butter since my oldest was allergic and only recently started having it in my home when he's lived elsewhere for years. So, I gritted my teeth and smeared peanut butter in a little patch on the inside of the bathtub just knowing it would keep her SOO busy during her bath she'd hardly notice. Then I could wash her really well, finish up with her face and have a relaxed easy bath-time.

Well, apparently my dog understands that we just don't do peanut butter in our house. She could not have been more disinterested. She wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with it. At any rate the dog is clean and the tub has been thoroughly disinfected.

She loves marshmallows (it's really the only treat she gets and that's how she takes a daily pill) so DH and I are thinking maybe we'll try marshmallow fluff next time?

Has anyone tried this trick? Did it work for you?

My husband just suggested this trick yesterday so we haven’t tried it yet.

My dogs do absolutely love peanut butter though. It’s what we have always used for crate training (tiny bit inside a kong or other toy). They have their own peanut butter jar in their room and if they hear you going for it, they run into their crates.

I also have tried a bit on a spoon for the one who hates having her nails dremeled.

I’m going to try it, my friend tried it with her Saint Barnard, and said it was a miracle.

Not a bad idea! I keep a short cable and hook on a large suction cup in the bath tub that holds the dog in place (I forget where I got it), so I am free to use my hands to shampoo the dog, which enables me to be quick. He gets a treat and playtime afterward, so that's easy enough.

An aside, no treats for your dog (besides marshmallows)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter