Wendy's chili clone from the restaurant site

pumba

DIS PUMBARIZER
Wendy's® Famous Chili

INGREDIENTS:

1 pound ground chuck
1 15-ounce can of diced tomatoes (liquid included)
1 15-ounce can of red kidney beans (liquid drained)
1 15-ounce can of pinto beans (liquid drained)
1 8-ounce can Hunt's® tomato sauce
1/2 medium white onion, diced
1 4-ounce can diced green chilies (with liquid)
2 Tablespoons chopped celery
2 Tablespoons chili powder
1/2 Tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup water

Preparing Wendy's® Chili:

1. Brown the ground chuck over medium heat, breaking into small pieces with the spatula. Add a dash of salt and pepper while cooking.

2. Empty the cooked meat into a spaghetti strainer, and rinse well under very hot water. This removes the bulk of the fat.

3. Transfer the beef into a dutch oven, and add the remaining ingredients. Stir together to combine thoroughly.

4. Over medium heat, bring to a simmer. Reduce the burner to low, and continue simmering 50-60 minutes, stirring occasionally.

5. Serve hot! (with saltine crackers on the side)

Makes about six 12 ounce servings, or six 99¢ value sized servings.

Be sure to cover and refrigerate leftovers. Microwave leftovers on high for about 2-3 minutes (per serving) The microwaved letovers are almost even a
better clone of Wendy's® Chili.

Thanks so much!!! This is my DHs favorite chili. Although I've tried often, I could never get close.

I haven't visited this board lately (just too busy). I should have known that you would have this recipe.

Di

I'm not sure I've ever had Wendy's chilli, but I do like chili and this sounds like a good one. Thanks Pumba!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter