Went to see riviera mock rooms- not impressed

we"reofftoneverland

DIS Veteran
So while we were staying at SSR, we stopped in at the dvc preview center. It was empty. We were definitely underwhelmed with the rooms and they seemed a bit worn. The bathrooms are very well done, but not wow, and the rest of the rooms were just nice, not dazzling. I didn’t see the in mirror tv. Is that out? Also the entire space felt small. Anyone else get the same feeling? We actually liked our unrenovated SSR room better. I am surprised RIV has such a high point chart. Not worth it in my opinion.

So while we were staying at SSR, we stopped in at the dvc preview center. It was empty. We were definitely underwhelmed with the rooms and they seemed a bit worn. The bathrooms are very well done, but not wow, and the rest of the rooms were just nice, not dazzling. I didn’t see the in mirror tv. Is that out? Also the entire space felt small. Anyone else get the same feeling? We actually liked our unrenovated SSR room better. I am surprised RIV has such a high point chart. Not worth it in my opinion.

Can you just show up at any time and walk through? We are staying at SSR for the first time next weekend, and were thinking about going over the check out the Riviera rooms. Did they have any other resort rooms available?

I'm confused. Were you at SSR looking at model rooms? If so, how would the fact that model rooms seem a bit worn mean that the actual rooms at Riviera would be worn? (I'm used to people using that term when they mean things are old, faded and beat up. Maybe you were referring to decorating style and color scheme.)

Can you just show up at any time and walk through? We are staying at SSR for the first time next weekend, and were thinking about going over the check out the Riviera rooms. Did they have any other resort rooms available?
We just walked in and asked if we could see the RIV rooms. They were very nice.

I'm confused. Were you at SSR looking at model rooms? If so, how would the fact that model rooms seem a bit worn mean that the actual rooms at Riviera would be worn? (I'm used to people using that term when they mean things are old, faded and beat up. Maybe you were referring to decorating style and color scheme.)
We were staying at SSR and walking around.

I was just surprised as the models.

Last edited:
I think the high points charts are the new DVC. In addition to the price they charge for direct, it will now take more points to get what you want.

IMO, setting the stage for what’s to come when 2042 resorts expire

I thought they were really nice and very spacious. I don't know what you meant by 'worn'. I would not have described them that way. I liked the artwork a lot. I would buy the Aristocats art for my house!

I agree on the size at least as it relates to the Master bedroom - very small. The living area is large because there's no balcony at the end of it and to me it actually felt like a poor use of the additional square footage. I much prefer the BLT or VGC layout for a design like that with the balconies off the bedrooms. As to wear and tear - I have some idea what you mean. It was showing up already when I toured way back in April the guide did not want to even open the murphy beds because they were leaving marks on the floors and actually the one under the TV had an issue with the mechanism.

I agree on the size at least as it relates to the Master bedroom - very small. The living area is large because there's no balcony at the end of it and to me it actually felt like a poor use of the additional square footage. I much prefer the BLT or VGC layout for a design like that with the balconies off the bedrooms. As to wear and tear - I have some idea what you mean. It was showing up already when I toured way back in April the guide did not want to even open the murphy beds because they were leaving marks on the floors and actually the one under the TV had an issue with the mechanism.

I am curious about you mentioning there were no balconies at the end. Every floor plan has a balcony.

This is why they have so many choices for resorts to fit everyone's preferences. Personally, we think the design at Riviera blows away SSR's new and old designs.

I am curious about you mentioning there were no balconies at the end. Every floor plan has a balcony.

The living area in the 1 and 2BR's extends to the edge of the building. It has access to the balcony that is off the master bedroom. In a 2BR I believe the 2nd bedroom would have it's own balcony - I haven't looked at the schematics to see if it also has a door to the living area. But there is no balcony at the end of the living area like you find at other DVC like BWV, VGF etc. It's like BLT and VGC in that regard.

ok, I got it. I believe when we were in the model there is a small door to the balcony from the living room just past the bedroom door and then the big door from the bedroom.

ok, I got it. I believe when we were in the model there is a small door to the balcony from the living room just past the bedroom door and then the big door from the bedroom.

Yep!

And in general it's an ok design and gives nice views but to me with the pass thru kitchen area the entire room just felt very long vs the BLT and VGC set up. Just a personal preference though.

How can they be worn when the REAL ROOMS haven’t even opened yet??

The tour Riviera rooms were AMAZING and were one of the main reasons we purchased. They will be among the biggest and we absolutely love their style. I love other DVC resorts but mostly because I like the actual resort and not necessarily because I was blown away by the rooms. Riviera on the other hand blew me away.

That’s what I thought.
Tours every day, people open and close things. In April when we did the tour, some of the white paint was showing wear from the tours. One kitchen cabinet door handle had lost a screw and was dangling upside down. They made up an excuse why they couldn’t open the Murphy sleeper sofa. White glossy paint shows wear and fast.

Tours every day, people open and close things. In April when we did the tour, some of the white paint was showing wear from the tours. One kitchen cabinet door handle had lost a screw and was dangling upside down. They made up an excuse why they couldn’t open the Murphy sleeper sofa. White glossy paint shows wear and fast.
But that’s just a model and not a room you would be staying in, right?

When I went a couple weeks ago they only had a deluxe studio and 1 bedroom to view. Keep in mind these are mock-ups not the real deal when the resort opens then and only then will the rooms and the actual ambiance in their natural environment provide a realistic view.

I believe the furnishings in the rooms have an intentional slightly worn-in faux finish. When I toured the rooms I noticed it as well and inspected it closely and this is an intentional finish and not actual wear and tear. At least it wasn’t when I saw the rooms in July of this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!