Went to see riviera mock rooms- not impressed

In my experience they have always kept the models immaculate and in pristine condition as compared to the actual rooms.
Not sure why they would let this model start to look shabby.

So while we were staying at SSR, we stopped in at the dvc preview center. It was empty. We were definitely underwhelmed with the rooms and they seemed a bit worn. The bathrooms are very well done, but not wow, and the rest of the rooms were just nice, not dazzling. I didn’t see the in mirror tv. Is that out? Also the entire space felt small. Anyone else get the same feeling? We actually liked our unrenovated SSR room better. I am surprised RIV has such a high point chart. Not worth it in my opinion.

do you also hate puppies?

I just thought I would go in there and want to buy RIV (not that we would have), but I didn’t. Instead, i felt like it was okay and that I definitely did not want to buy. When we saw the copper creek model rooms, I wanted to buy. We did not end up buying there either, but that was because it only fit 4 in a one bed. RIV has a shabby chic feel to me, on which I am not keen. Not knocking anyone who loves the model of RIV. I wanted to be blown away but just wasn’t. I’m not saying it wasn’t nice, but it didn’t make me think, “I want that.” I do feel “I want that” about other dvc resorts we do not own.

We were there recently and there are 'member tours' at 2 and 3 - however, we were the only ones there, so we had a 'private' tour instead. The rooms were nice (and yes, they still have that sign on the living room murphy bed that says 'Do Not Open' - not a good look). They reminded me a lot of VGF, but with a galley kitchen like CCV.

I do not care for the balcony set up - I don't want my twerpy kids knocking on my bedroom window when I'm trying to relax as funny as they might find it (that was the one thing I didn't care for at BLT). I also am not a fan of the bathroom set-up in the 1 bedroom. It's great in theory, but when you're sharing it with tweenagers with nebulous door locking/unlocking consistency it becomes a door rodeo and super inconvenient. Much prefer the extra bath of BLT and AKV - and I told the guide that. He said never again b/c it takes too long for housekeeping to turn over the rooms 🤷‍♀️

We were there recently and there are 'member tours' at 2 and 3 - however, we were the only ones there, so we had a 'private' tour instead. The rooms were nice (and yes, they still have that sign on the living room murphy bed that says 'Do Not Open' - not a good look). They reminded me a lot of VGF, but with a galley kitchen like CCV.

I do not care for the balcony set up - I don't want my twerpy kids knocking on my bedroom window when I'm trying to relax as funny as they might find it (that was the one thing I didn't care for at BLT). I also am not a fan of the bathroom set-up in the 1 bedroom. It's great in theory, but when you're sharing it with tweenagers with nebulous door locking/unlocking consistency it becomes a door rodeo and super inconvenient. Much prefer the extra bath of BLT and AKV - and I told the guide that. He said never again b/c it takes too long for housekeeping to turn over the rooms 🤷‍♀️
I completely agree on the bathroom. I think it is a huge mistake for Disney to say never again on the 2 full bathrooms on a one bedroom. It is so easy for them to do. And I don’t buy the housekeeping argument!

\And I don’t buy the housekeeping argument!

Yup, my longest waits for rooms were at resorts without the extra bathroom, lol!

It just seemed like the sales pitch was 'we took all the best things about all the resorts and combined them for this perfect resort,' to which I think not having the extra bathroom was a glaring omission. Lots of members disagree about lots of things, but I have never seen/heard anyone complain about having that at BLT/AKV haha.

From what I understand the Riviera is supposed to be more on the luxury side of DVC resorts. So I don't see why they wouldn't have the TV-in-mirror setup. They just probably didn't do it for the demo rooms.
When we stayed at VGF in the fall theTV mirrors would turn on a picture would show up then disappear and have no signal. We were in a 2 bedroom and neither of them worked. I would guess they are not worth the trouble.

When we stayed at VGF in the fall theTV mirrors would turn on a picture would show up then disappear and have no signal. We were in a 2 bedroom and neither of them worked. I would guess they are not worth the trouble.

Same here. At least one of the TVs in the mirrors doesn’t work for us usually in the 2BRs, and I only know this because my kids try them every time. Also, I don’t watch TV while I’m in the bathroom. It seems like a neat feature that you could watch it, but I want peace and quiet when I’m relaxing in the shower or bath. All the noise from the TV is disruptive to me. I’ve been in the parks all day with noise and crowds, so my bath/shower time is time for me to decompress without crowds or kids. Maybe I’m the only one from the sounds of it...

Same here. At least one of the TVs in the mirrors doesn’t work for us usually in the 2BRs, and I only know this because my kids try them every time. Also, I don’t watch TV while I’m in the bathroom. It seems like a neat feature that you could watch it, but I want peace and quiet when I’m relaxing in the shower or bath. All the noise from the TV is disruptive to me. I’ve been in the parks all day with noise and crowds, so my bath/shower time is time for me to decompress without crowds or kids. Maybe I’m the only one from the sounds of it...
It’s one of those things that SEEMS like a badass idea. But in the end, it’s kind of a waste.

Kind of like the poly bungalows over the water....but I digress.

do I really need a tv while brushing my teeth?

I would honestly rather just listen to a podcast. Or Disney music

We use the TVs in the mirrors every trip when we have them. Both VGF and CCV cabins and never had an issue.

It’s one of those things that SEEMS like a badass idea. But in the end, it’s kind of a waste.
This is my take too. I've stayed in hotels that have this. It's cute for the first five minutes. Eventually I turn it off so that I can stop nicking myself with my razor.

The tour Riviera rooms were AMAZING and were one of the main reasons we purchased. They will be among the biggest and we absolutely love their style. I love other DVC resorts but mostly because I like the actual resort and not necessarily because I was blown away by the rooms. Riviera on the other hand blew me away.
I’m too old to buy more contracts (have BCV/Poly) but between the fabulous skyliner literally steps from the RR door, the great QS menu and the lovely rooms, I would buy in a heartbeat.

This is coming from someone who had no interest whatsoever. Now I feel it WILL be the big deal Disney is hoping for. Congrats to anyone who bought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!