• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're back from our trip!!! :(

LUVCINDERELLY

Earning My Ears
Well we arrived home from our fabulous trip last Sunday. What a magical experience Disneyland is!! :flower: The weather was beautiful, the crowds were low and I think our longest line was 20 minutes! I think I amazed DH with all the little tidbits I was able to share :smooth: (much thanks to all those on these boards!) If he only knew how much time I spent here! ;) He was so wrapped up in the 'Happiest Place on Earth' he bought our family a commemorative paving stone and on the plane home decided that we should look into the Disney Vacation Club!!! :cool1: (anyone know how the DVC works for Disneyland???) I'm going through Disney withdrawal and am thinking we should head back in November...everyone should see Disney decked out for the holidays right!?! ;)
Anyway, things are really busy at work (so that ties up my days) and I have a huge exam to study for (so that ties up my nights) so my trip report is going to have to wait! I will do one, hopefully next week! :banana:

Embracing the moments my kids hum the tune to Fantasia...that's priceless! :love:

LuvCinderelly::MickeyMo

LUVCINDERELLY said:
on the plane home decided that we should look into the Disney Vacation Club!!! :cool1: (anyone know how the DVC works for Disneyland???)
I am a DVC Member and would be happy to answer any questions you have. There are also DVC DIS forums that may be of help.

In general, since Disneyland doesn't have a specific DVC resort (YET!) the points per night may not be the most economical use of points, but DVC has lowered points needed to stay at the Disneyland Hotel during the 50th celebration to help entice members to make the trip west.

Sounds like you had a great time...where did you stay? Any great meals?

We arrived 6/27-7/3 and are staying at DLH.........

Thanks!!!

I'm a DVC member also and we used points to stay at the Paradise Pier for half our stay then moved to the GC for the rest of our stay in Oct 2001. Back then they didn't set view choices which use different amount of points. They have changed that since then. It does take more points than when we stay at a studio at the DVC resorts at WDW but I got them to use and had a great time.

I bought both of my DVC memberships through a resale website and there are chat rooms for that as well. They cost considerably less that way and both experiences were great.

Last year we went to Paris and London. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel Paris for 4 nights for 240 points. We also used 240 more points to stay at The Royal Garden Hotel in London for 4 nights. These were a splurge, but we knew we might not get to go back.

I think DVC is a great program. I have a membership of 150 points with Boardwalk and an 80 point membership with Hilton Head (never been to Hilton Head, but the points were cheaper and you can use the points basically the same way). I think of it this way, once you pay for the membership the cost of dues is about what I would spend at a basic Disney hotel (All-Stars/Pop Century), but I pay this in advance so that doesn't seem like the cost of vacation when planning, because it is a monthly fee. For those fees I get a much nicer hotel that has a private balcony, fridge, microwave, etc at the DVC resorts. I also get to use my points for other Disney trips also ( CA and Paris).

Note: They don't seem to accept DVC points at the Tokyo Disney Resort, which is a future trip I would like to do.

With my 2 memberships, I only had enough points for 2 nights on each membership to stay at the Disneyland Hotel......78 points for 2 nights on the Boardwalk membership and 78 points for 2 nights on the Hilton Head Membership on July 20-24 (we are actually staying at the Disneykland Hotel for 10 nights total and are paying for the other 6). About 2 months ago I got a call that they were crediting both memberships 20 points each because they were reducing the number of points required. That was pretty cool.

Using points also covers the $10-12 resort fee. I wish you luck with your research.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter