We're back too

mom_rules

<font color=FF66FF>LOVES the Yachtsmen!<br><font c
Hi all! Just got back last night!! What an awesome trip! Stayed at the BC for 11 days on the Gold Plan! Had a ton of PS's. Golfed Lake Buena Vista course, Wakeboarded 2X, Tubed 2X, Parasailed 2X, rented Watermice at Contemporary, Yacht Club and DTD 2X each. Weather was awesome, 33 +- every day and sun, sun, sun.
Here's where we ate: (Way too much food-but enjoyed every minute!) Breaky: Chef Mickey, Goofy's Beach Club 3X, O'Hana, Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, Donald's in AK and Spoodles.
Lunch: ESPN, Fultons, Coral Reef, Cindy's RT, Wolfgang Puck's, Teppanyaki,50's Prime Time Rainforest Cafe AK.
Dinner:Flying Fish, Brown Derby (Fantasmic Pkg), Yachtsman 2x, Boma, Whispering Canyon, Garden Grill (rehitching), California Grill, Le Cellier, Cape May Cafe (clambake).

Renos at the BC are not done-3rd day there they closed the quiet pool and the entire wing around it-won't be done for quite some time. The AC in the lobby and the gift shop area was not working yet. We were on the first floor, had a patio outside with a garden view and only 5 min walk to Boardwalk and Epcot.

I'll get more detailed later on-all questions welcome.

Hi there...

I'm glad you had a nice time at BC ... wow I thought all the rennovations were complete - I am surprised to hear they are not.

I have a few questions! (I am staying there in August)

How was stormalong bay? Were they checking ID's/wristbands and did you have trouble getting lounge chairs?

Did you see Art, the Greeter?

How was the bus transportation to MK & AK - I hear there are many stops to p/u guests at other hotels?

I was wondering about the walk to the BW - do you walk around the left side of the lake.. or the right side of the lake and I assume there is a path? Also - can you take a boat?

Thanx for your help

>>^..^<<

Welcome back mom_rules! Wow ... sounds like you did everything on your trip :p I've got a FP dinner package booked at Brown Derby too, what did you think of it? Can you order off the regular menu or are you restricted to a special menu? What did you think of the lines for Fantasmic? Did the dinner package help?

Where's the best place to rent the Watermice? Just curious since you've done it at three different locations :)

Thanks!

Hi guys!!

Here we go-Yes they were very strick with checking resort ID and issuing wrist bands-different colour every day. They even made me get one to sit on the deck and watch!! Except for the weekend, it was pretty quiet around there. No problem getting a lounge chair in the sun or shade. The only place that was ever really packed was Beaches and Cream both to sit inside and to order take out. We did not get the refillable mugs this time-the line to get refills were always huge. We found it easier just to buy a bottle of Coke or whatever, in the store.
Art the Greeter is there every afternoon. He's doing well and in fine form.
I can't comment on the bus transportation since we either walked or drove our rental to wherever we wanted to go. BW is to the left of the BC as you step out the back doors. It's only a 5 min stroll, very convenient. It's a lovely wide paved road over a bridge. You can take the boat there, but to be honest it's quicker just to walk it.

The watermice are by far better at Sammy Duvalls at the Contemporary. You have more room to zip around (they are alot quicker). The watermice at YC and DTD are for touring only-they go extremely slow. They are quite nice if you want a different perspective on things (view from the water).

The Brown Derby Fantasmic pkg does not restrict what you eat. You order off the regular menu and pay whatever price is listed. It wasn't one set price per person or separate menu. For the actual show, they used the last 2 sections on the right (as you face the stage) for reserved seating but the theatre was only 3/4 full to begin with.

Originally posted by mom_rules
The Brown Derby Fantasmic pkg does not restrict what you eat. You order off the regular menu and pay whatever price is listed. It wasn't one set price per person or separate menu. For the actual show, they used the last 2 sections on the right (as you face the stage) for reserved seating but the theatre was only 3/4 full to begin with.

So the price that I was quoted doesn't apply? :confused: I think the CM told me it was $37 (or something like that) per person and you could only order off a special menu. I'm just trying to figure it out before I get there :p

Thanks for the advice on the watermice... I think we're going to check out the ones at CR!!

We were never told about a set menu or a set price either when making the reservation or when we got to the BD. We had no restrictions on us. I recommend making a PS as soon as you can because we had PS for 5:00pm on a Thursday and the place was packed when we left. DH and I had Romaine heart salad, filet mignon and lobster tails, DH had Dark chocolate Torte and I had grapefruit cake. Both agreed it was the best surf and turf around. DS had Rotisserie Chicken (he's very picky and loved it) and ice cream sundae, DD had cobb salad ( a meal in itself) and the best creme brulee (double vanilla bean) she's ever had (beat out her fav at the Yachtsman this time.

Any comments on the gold plan. Did you feel it was worth the extra money? Welcome back, sounds like you had lots of fun.

Welcome back.Sounds like you had a very full vacation.:D

We are in KW about an hour away from Brampton.

I finally totalled up all our receipts. For us the Gold Plan really worked out quite well. It cost us $5560 for the four of us and our receipts totalled almost $8000. We came out ahead by about $3000. It was almost a 40/60 split between food and other activities. IMO if you are just going to use the plan for food, go silver plan, if you are like us and Golf and take advantage of the watersports and boat rentals Gold is definitely the way to go. (Golf was about $600.00 per round - club, shoe, cart rentals and driving range included.) We didn't have time for tours or bike rentals or horseback riding. My DD used some of our points for the Fitness Centre in the beginning and found it was cheaper to pay the $26.50 for a length of stay pass which we did after she'd been a couple of times.

Welcome back, mom_rules! :)

Wow, you guys were very busy, sounds like you had a great time! :)

Yumm...it's been way too long since I had Grapefruit cake from the BD....good stuff! :)

All the creme brulees were good (BD and CG trio were outstanding) and yes the grapefruit cake was excellent as usual.

How does the Silver, Gold plans work? I know you can use them for food and activities but do you get a certain number of points and then various things are different points or what? I've looked but can't seem to find this info anywhere.

Sounds like you had a great trip. Can't wait til October esp if it's going to rain all summer. Tired of rain for yet another day.

Cdnmickeylover

For the silver plan you get two wishes per person per day to use on food and various activities as well as some merchandise. Gold plan you have unlimited recreation & tours, tickets for la nouba and 3 points per person per day for food alone (132 meals for us for 11 days). Both plans include uph passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter