We're going back after 7 years!!! PTR - updated 12-26

Following!

Looks like an excellent time! To link something, highlight the text, and then click the link button (looks like a chain link 7th button over from the left), add the URL, and press insert. I took far too long for me to initially figure that out!

May I ask which Disney resorts you may be considering??

Looking like its going to be a great trip, we have done lunch and dinner at Be our guest and im sure the beast is only around at dinner, i like Lunch there but my Ma preferred dinner.
Welcome :flower3: It will be good hopefully, it's sooooooooo hard to plan where you want to eat when you haven't even decided how may Disney park days you're having yet though :rotfl2: I booked a bunch of them on several different days just to have them and I'll cancel the ones I don't need closer to the trip. It all depends on Universal Studios night time shows and whether Momma decides if she wants to go back to Discovery Cove as well.

Following!
Welcome :flower3:

Looks like an excellent time! To link something, highlight the text, and then click the link button (looks like a chain link 7th button over from the left), add the URL, and press insert. I took far too long for me to initially figure that out!
I could get it to link but couldn't get the words I wanted. Figured it out tonight though

May I ask which Disney resorts you may be considering??
I'm keeping that for the TR :goodvibes We're staying on International Drive for a week first and then moving up to Disney for 6 nights

I hope you convince her to keep this one! The food is delicious and the characters are fun.
I noticed I'd booked an early one here as well. I think the only thing about this one is it's not in a Park and I'm not sure I'll convince her to go to Boardwalk and then back to a park. It'll depend on how tired she is at that stage in the trip I guess but we'll see :confused3:goodvibes

Last edited:
Been quiet this week. Monday night/Tuesday morning I had my first non cold/flu related asthma attack and ended up in the doctor on a nebulizer. That was a scary experience and the breathing still isn't settled but it's better than Monday

On a trip side I am not fit but I have had an interest in the run Disney races for a while now and discovered that there's a marathon weekend on while we're there so going to attempt to do the 5K. I'll probably walk most of it but sure it'll be fine!

I also made a few more adr's to have until we finalise our plans. Since Discovery Cove changed their tickets though and it's now showing as the same price without a Seaworld ticket as it had been previously with a Seaworld ticket we're probably not going to go back to Discovery Cove :sad: We're still thinking about two days at Universal though but I think we're going to have to wait until they release the times of their shows for when we're there because someone told me it MIGHT be possible to see both night time shows in both parks on one night so we'll have to wait and see the times.

On a trip side I am not fit but I have had an interest in the run Disney races for a while now and discovered that there's a marathon weekend on while we're there so going to attempt to do the 5K. I'll probably walk most of it but sure it'll be fine!

I hope you do it! I have heard runDisney events are amazing. I keep telling myself I should try and train so I can do the Princess Half-Marathon. Maybe in 2021 as I will probably be getting an AP that year.

I hope you do it! I have heard runDisney events are amazing. I keep telling myself I should try and train so I can do the Princess Half-Marathon. Maybe in 2021 as I will probably be getting an AP that year.
I’ll prob do it and aim to walk but if I run it’s a bonus. I walk that distance with the dog two or three times a week anyway

Sci-fi - we've eaten here before but the thoughts of 50's Prime Time scares me a little if they call you out for not eating your greens and stuff.:eek:

If you change your mind, they will leave you alone if you ask them to at time of check in. We have an ADR there - also ate there last trip - and last time we said no "teasing" because our son (then 5) was very sensitive to that. This trip we're going to let them let loose. ;)

If you change your mind, they will leave you alone if you ask them to at time of check in. We have an ADR there - also ate there last trip - and last time we said no "teasing" because our son (then 5) was very sensitive to that. This trip we're going to let them let loose. ;)

That’s good to know. Their food looks good but the teasing would make me nervous

Trip stuff. We're still debating tickets for the non Disney parks atm. We can't decide whether we want to do two day or 1 at Universal but we're leaning towards just booking one day and then if we decide when we're there that we want to go again just buying at the gate so if we do that very very rough plan would be

Day 1: Fly
Day 2: Magic Kingdom
Day 3: Outlets/rest day
Day 4: Seaworld
Day 5: Outlets/rest day
Day 6: Universal/IOA
Day 7: Epcot, maybe Disney Springs
Day 8: Move to Disney :banana: then Epcot or Disney Springs
Day 9: Magic Kingdom
Day 10: Hollywood Studios
Day 11: Animal Kingdom
Day 12: Finish whatever parks we need (I'm going to guess these would be Epcot and or Magic Kingdom since both those parks took us 3 days to do everything in the last time we were there)
Day 13: Disney Springs and Magic Kingdom.... Have to end on the fireworks there like. I have a dinner booked that day for Be Our Guest at 6 if fireworks are on at 8 that night would that be enough time to eat and then see fireworks? :confused3
Day 14: Fly home :sad:

Last edited:
That is enough time for dinner but just be aware you may not get a primo spot as people camp out early.
I currently have two times reserved for dinner that day one at 4.45 and the other at 6 so maybe we'll go with the one at 4 just to make sure because you have to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks on your last night there right?! :goodvibes

I currently have two times reserved for dinner that day one at 4.45 and the other at 6 so maybe we'll go with the one at 4 just to make sure because you have to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks on your last night there right?! :goodvibes

I think that is a good idea and then you won't feel rushed through your dinner.

Such a weird experience today. We were trying to get our tickets for Seaworld and Universal from a discount ticket seller that I've read on here people recommend so first when we tried to put the order through our bank put a hold on the card as they thought was suspicious then the company we were trying to get the tickets from decided before they would charge for the tickets they wanted to take 3 dollars out of our account to prove it was legit. I know itunes do that but the whole thing just seemed off so the tickets are cancelled and it's back to the drawing board. :confused3

Following along. Two weeks at Disney sounds so exciting. I totally understand wanting to go for two weeks to make the most out of our travel. I actually went to Ireland last month and we went for two weeks. Although I don't think I could ever convince DH to spend two weeks in Orlando.

Following along. Two weeks at Disney sounds so exciting. I totally understand wanting to go for two weeks to make the most out of our travel. I actually went to Ireland last month and we went for two weeks. Although I don't think I could ever convince DH to spend two weeks in Orlando.
Welcome :flower3:

I think when you have a long haul flights and there's so much to do you need two weeks. Our first flight on the way over is about 2 hours long but the second one is about 9-10 hours long :faint: Plus we don't get there often so we need the time to explore properly (well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :rotfl: )

Did you like Ireland? You lucked out on the weather for your visit. We've been having unusually hot weather lately, normally we get cold rain, rain and more rain

We loved Ireland. We could not have asked for better weather as it did not rain once. We had totally expected cold and rain, so it was a pleasant surprised. We rented a car and drove around visiting KilKenny, Kinsale, Kenmare, Ring of Kerry, Dingle, Galway, and Dublin. We also went to Belfast for the day. We definitely want to go back and spend more time in the Southwest and Northwest.

We loved Ireland. We could not have asked for better weather as it did not rain once. We had totally expected cold and rain, so it was a pleasant surprised. We rented a car and drove around visiting KilKenny, Kinsale, Kenmare, Ring of Kerry, Dingle, Galway, and Dublin. We also went to Belfast for the day. We definitely want to go back and spend more time in the Southwest and Northwest.
Ireland is quite pretty even if it is raining most of the time. At the moment I find it really weird because the grass has gone yellow with the heat. We don't normally get weather this good for so long, although saying that it's currently monsoon-ing out... back to normal I guess. :rotfl2:

After our strange experience attempting to book tickets the other day we cancelled those but tonight we booked Seaworld tickets and All day dining for Seaworld. They've an offer on their website where a day ticket is 99.99 dollars but with all day dining it's only 109.99 so only 10 dollars extra so we went for it and it worked out only 2 dollars more than the strange discount website we tried to buy from the other day so it's all good!

$10 for all day dining sounds like a good deal!

Yeah it seemed like a good offer. Apparently you can eat once an hour and it included a main, an extra side or dessert and a drink so I'm sure if for nothing else it would be useful for snacks and drinks. Seaworld is going to be a super long day for us as well so hopefully we'll get the use out it :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!