We're going to Disney ...eventually! DVC gift ideas?

TikiRob

In a Tropical Hideaway
I've been squirreling away some money with a side job to surprise my family with something nice. I went from Disney Cruise shopping, to a splurge vacation and have landed on the idea of DVC membership. Thanks to each of you who has provided information on these boards. I wouldn't be such an informed consumer without you!

On to my questions... As much as I wanted to buy direct, I am opting for a resale contract to maximize the amount of points we can afford. I see there is DVC member gear online, but I wondered if this was limited to fully-fledged DVC members or if anyone can purchase?

Also, any good ideas for gifts to give to my wife and daughters (10 & 15) to announce our membership? I don't want to have it come across like a Griswold "Jelly-of-the-month" club certificate!

IIRC, most "DVC" merchandise on shopdisney.com does not require you to prove you are a DVC member to buy it. You do need to prove you are a DVC member to get the shopping discount, however.

A DVC Dooney and Burke purse would be my wife's first choice of a "surprise" DVC gift. A bit more budget conscious would be clothing. For a very frugal gift, consider pins.

DVC ornament, keychain, mug - you can have them custom made (on Etsy, Shutterfly, etc)
DVC member Alex & Ani or Pandora charm
Resort specific items, including prints, are lovely
The new DVC jersey is nice, but I would be wary of buying clothing (except PJs) for a teen. Personally, I would avoid the purses/mini-knapsacks also - they are pricey for an item they might not even like.
Check eBay for ideas also.
good luck!

Disney Vacation Club Member magic bands available at Disney Store online. $29.99 each (max 5) or just get one for the family to "open" in a nicely wrapped box (of course, Mrs gets to wear it)...it will be silence while they figure it out until it erupts in laughter and tears...priceless! You can then present a unique band for each family member in separate boxes. DVC is a great choice you will enjoy for generations!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter