We're Going to Paris! February 2019 Exercise Challenge

Twilight Sparkle

DIS Veteran
Bonjour et bienvenue! I'm so happy you found the February 2019 Exercise Thread!! Our theme this month is "We're Going to Paris", Disneyland Paris, that is. As we post our exercise minutes, we'll take a virtual trip to Disneyland Paris and spend the month touring this magical place. I've never visited Paris or this park in real life, but if you have, please feel free to add your own insights, memories, photos, etc. as we move along through our trip.

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back, and if you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal, and posts minutes toward that goal as they exercise. (You can post daily or just catch up when you can.) You decide what movement counts towards your goal, which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day.

Since February has 28 days, here are some common conversions:
15 minutes/day = 420
20 minutes/day = 560
30 minutes/day = 840
45 minutes/day = 1260
1 hour/day = 1680

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress. This month's colors are:

10% - dans l'air Bleu
25% - Bienvenue à Paris Orange
50% - dans le parc Violet
75% - les paillettes magiques Rose (Thanks to @PollyannaMom for the translation!)
90% -manège parc d'attractions Rouge
100% - très amusant Vert

We’re officially starting this challenge on February 1st, but if you don’t find the thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Team Progress:
-----------------------------
Twilight Sparkle - 1945/1680
MikeNamez - 1420/1400
PollyannaMom - 520/500
sophy1996 - 1260/1200
BonnieF - 560/500
piglet1979 - 854/840
Zhoen - 521/500
Elizabeth Smith - 600/600

cmarsh31 - 331/500

-------------------------------------
Grand Total = 8011/7720 (104%)

Last edited:
Since I barely broke 500 in January (I was too ambitious without the Disney walking) I'm going to drop February's goal down to that. (But we'll see - Mother Nature has a way of sending me shoveling minutes in February, so I may break it. :laughing: )

(anyone care to attempt a translation for Pixie Dust?)

les paillettes magiques (literally, "magic glitter")

Happy February 1st, all! Since we can work with a virtual budget for our virtual trip, I think the services of a boutique airline would be nice for our group. Meet me in the LaCompagnie Lounge at Newark Airport.

artlounge-newyork.jpg

From there, we'll board our entirely business class flight heading to Paris Orly Airport. During our flight, you can enjoy your seat's massage feature, anti-allergenic pillow, soft blanket, and a variety of entertainment options on the personal tablet supplied for your use. Should you get hungry on our overnight flight, you can partake in a " light snack . . . made of a gourmet salad, a soup, a cheese plate and a dessert. Before landing a complete breakfast is offered . . .", and, of course, we should toast to our trip with a glass of champagne.

Et maintenant, bon voyage!

1200 for February

We spent one day in Disneyland Paris back in 2016. It’s really easy to get there from Paris!

How fun!!! So you will have to help me out and make sure the info I have is correct.

C’est tres bien! We’ll be visiting Paris this fall and I’m hoping to convince my husband to do DP this time. Somehow the cafes tend to keep us occupied.
I’m in for February but adjusting my total to a more realistic 500 minutes. With a March trip to WDW, I should be pretty motivated!

Perfect timing, then!!!!! We're heading to London in October. I'm so very tempted to add in a day or so in Paris, but we are hoping to visit there when our daughter graduates high school so waiting might be best. Decisions, decisions . . .

Hi this caught my eye as I have been to Disneyland Paris 3 times and I'm a regular poster on The Disneyland Paris section here on Dis.

Best of luck with your excercise goals. I know this is just a virtual visit but just a note, most people fly to Charles de Gaulle airport, as it's a bigger international airport with more variety of flight times and airlines.

Having flown transatlantic many times and been lucky enough to get a free upgrade to business class, if money was not limited, I would fly to Charles de Gaulle business on one of the other airlines. Air France or British Airways business class to Charles de Gualle would be better option. They also have first class lounge in Newark airport.

There are also better transport options from Charles de Gaulle to Disneyland then from Orley.

To transfer from the airport many people use www.magicshuttle.co.uk This is an independent bus company who have the license from Disney. They have a departure point in a corridor between Terminal 2E and 2F in Charles de Gaulle. You pay for your ticket online and get an email confirmation. You show this email to the driver and say which Disney hotel you are staying at. The journey time is approx 1 hour on the freeway. Depending on the passengers, the drop-off route is
  1. Newport Bay
  2. Sequoia Lodge
  3. Santa Fe
  4. Kyraid
  5. Dream Castle
  6. Magic Circus
  7. Explorers
  8. Cheyenne
  9. New York
  10. Disneyland Hotel

Last edited:
Hi this caught my eye as I have been to Disneyland Paris 3 times and I'm a regular poster on The Disneyland Paris section here on Dis.

Best of luck with your excercise goals. I know this is just a virtual visit but just a note, most people fly to Charles de Gaulle airport, as it's a bigger international airport with more variety of flight times and airlines.

Having flown transatlantic many times and been lucky enough to get a free upgrade to business class, if money was not limited, I would fly to Charles de Gaulle business on one of the other airlines. Air France or British Airways business class to Charles de Gualle would be better option. They also have first class lounge in Newark airport.

There are also better transport options from Charles de Gaulle to Disneyland then from Orley.

To transfer from the airport many people use www.magicshuttle.co.uk This is an independent bus company who have the license from Disney. They have a departure point in a corridor between Terminal 2E and 2F in Charles de Gaulle. You pay for your ticket online and get an email confirmation. You show this email to the driver and say which Disney hotel you are staying at. The journey time is approx 1 hour on the freeway. Depending on the passengers, the drop-off route is
  1. Newport Bay
  2. Sequoia Lodge
  3. Santa Fe
  4. Kyraid
  5. Dream Castle
  6. Magic Circus
  7. Explorers
  8. Cheyenne
  9. New York
  10. Disneyland Hotel

Thank you. Good info to have if planning a real trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter