~~We're off to Neverland...Take 3~~

Next to come.....lunch at Cafe Orleans...yummmmmy and the Adventure of Big Thunder Mountain when it broke down on us. Fun pictures for that :)
Stay tuned

Ayden is doing pretty good, thanks for asking. We did go through a really rough time last year. After a lot consults with is Dr, teachers etc....his Dr did diagnose him as having Opposition Defiancy Disorder (O.D.D.) It has been EXTREMELY challenging...BUT I will say this, I'm thankful to have a "name" to it because I feel like I have the tools now to deal with it. Before I felt like I was just standing there with this duh look on my face thinking what the heck is wrong with my child? We still have our challenges....but we have made far strides that's for sure. He has had an amazing year academically at school so that's gotta make a momma proud! He turned 5 on Halloween and yes he's VERY tall. His dad is 6'6" so he has big shoes to fill I guess. He just made the cut off for Indy..thank goodness. He sure would have been disapointed if he didn't get to ride it, that one time :lmao:
Has E been on Star Tours? That's another one Ayden did once and refuses to do again. Chris took him on that...I knew it would make me sick :sick:
I understand what you are going through. Our youngest DS6 is in the process of being diagnosed too (with something different though), and for me it will be a huge help to put a name with it and get him the help and accomodations he needs. It has been very challenging.
Love the pictures, and your son is so cute! My son was tall enough to go on alot of rides before most other kids his age too, and when he finally let sisters talk him into trying them, he loved them!

Wow, great tip about the Mark Twain river boat.:thumbsup2 That does look like an amazing, unique experience for your family. Did you have a strategy to be the first on the boat?

Also, Pixie Hollow pictures turned out too cute. My girls can't wait for this. Is Pixie Hollow open during MM or do people in the park from MM just line up early?

We asked about being in the Wheelhouse as well & were asked to come back for the next trip & we'd be allowed to do so (they already had guests that trip). I had a ball up there, blowing the horn & ringing the bell.....just like a kid!!!
We lucked out on the Pixie Hollow thing, we got there & it said 30 minutes, but we were in & out in about 20mins. Cute, but not a ton of interaction. I did like that they only sent one family at a time. Your Tinkerbell looks like a little girl...... ours looked a bit older than that.

Wow, great tip about the Mark Twain river boat.:thumbsup2 That does look like an amazing, unique experience for your family. Did you have a strategy to be the first on the boat?

Also, Pixie Hollow pictures turned out too cute. My girls can't wait for this. Is Pixie Hollow open during MM or do people in the park from MM just line up early?

We didn't really have a strategy. We were walking by when we saw the boat coming around the corner so we headed right over to get in line. When we went the crowds were very low so it wasn't much of an effort to head right up the stairs to ask.

Pixie Hollow isn't open during MM, that's just when the line started. It was cute...but not something I'd want to wait 45 minutes for again.

One of my favorite places to eat at in DL is Cafe Orleans. I guess I just love sitting in the heart of New Orleans Square people watching. We have always lucked out and have gotten excellent service. This time was no different...at least for the first half. Towards the end we felt forgotten about. Took her forever to come clear our plates. We wanted to order biegnets and it took forever for us to just order them. DBF had the Monte Cristo. Although I love them.....I can never finish one and I'm just as satisfied with a few heavenly bites...which he always lets me have anyway. :) I had soup and salad...I LOVE their French Onion soup and the salad is soooo yummmmy! My son had the Mack & Cheese. Here are a few pics of lunch....

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

Finally our beignets...I seriously could probably eat these all by myself. They sure are messy...but they sure are worth it!

IMG_0749-1.jpg

These were just some silly pictures during lunch. The one of me is called "Mommy Meltdown"..............this is what I do after Ayden asks if we can ride Big Thunder Mountain again....and again, and again. Yea he kinda liked it, TOO MUCH! :rotfl2:

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

So speaking of Big Thunder...guess what we rode right after lunch. The ride started out like all the others...but coming around the last turn right before going up the last hill inside the mountain the train came to a stop. A little unsettling at first but at least we weren't on the "runaway train part". After a minute or two they came on over the loud speaker saying a cast member would be by to help us out. We took that time to take some pictures of things you're usually going by too quick to get pictures of. As we were getting off the "mom" in me asked "so this will be safe to ride later right". The CM chuckled and said "yes, the train is perfectly safe". He also said this is what happens when a guest doesn't follow the rules. It causes the train to be shut down for an hour before they can open it again. So my guess is ...Some idiot either stood up, leaned out...or did something "dumb" which caused everyone to lose out. Anyway...better safe than sorry, go Disney! :thumbsup2 I took some shots on the way out....until they told us not to take any flash photography.

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0766-1.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

Those were some great shots on BTMRR, which by the way is my all-time favorite ride!!!! Bummer you had to get off, but bonus you had your camera ready!! We noticed that BTMRR "breaks" down quite often....now I have to wonder if it truly is a breakdown or yet another dumb-dumb breaking the rules?!!!!!
Thanx for sharing those!!

I promise I am going to finish this...I have just been so so so sick. I finally decided I needed to stay home today and rest up. Advice nurse said by the sounds of it I have a really bad upper respiratory infection and if I don't take it easy it's going to be on it's way to walking pnuemonia. :scared1: I am more than likely going to stay home tomorrow too. But without a doubt I WILL be back to finish my TR as soon as I can....I'm almost done anyway :)

I read your first trip report. I remember how excited you were.

I am late to your second one. It looks like you had a great time. We are going to try Cafe Orleans this time. I keep hearing great things about this place.

Get some rest and get well soon!

Your little guy is adorable!

I promise I am going to finish this...I have just been so so so sick. I finally decided I needed to stay home today and rest up. Advice nurse said by the sounds of it I have a really bad upper respiratory infection and if I don't take it easy it's going to be on it's way to walking pnuemonia. :scared1: I am more than likely going to stay home tomorrow too. But without a doubt I WILL be back to finish my TR as soon as I can....I'm almost done anyway :)

Oh my gosh.....take care of yourself!!!! Lots of rest & fluids. I've had walking pnemonia & it takes months to get over!!!!
We will wait on the TR......your health comes first!

OMG Months??????????? Say it isn't so?????? I actually feel a little bit better today but the cough is just so painful. Everytime take a deeper breath in I cough. My ribs and chest ache every time. It's like down deep in my throat...so nothing cough drops could fix. :(

I feel soooo bad for you!! My only advice is to have a pillow with you & to hug it when coughing.....or just hug yourself..... I separated ribs from the coughing & you think coughing hurts now???? :scared1: painful!!

Just don't overdo...all I can say is rest rest rest!

Yes it takes months to get over..... you start getting better after about a month, but your body is so worn down & sore, that it takes another couple months to really be feeling like your old self.

Praying you don't get any worse & you start making a turn around quick!!!

Hi Janelle! I'm Julia and I'm just popping into your report- your family is very cute and you've done an awesome job w/the TR so far!! I can't wait to get back to Disneyland- I was hoping to get back there before they tear down the letters, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen!

Anyway, I'm really enjoying your report! Thanks for sharing!

Ayden is just adorable! Looks like you guys had a fantastic time! I can't wait for more! :)

Thank you everyone for the get well wishes! I'm glad to see I still have readers. I have been so sick and haven't been at my computer. Thank goodness for the internet on my phone or I'd be nuts. Anyway...this is my first day at my computer so i wanted to pop in. I hope to be up and at em real soon. It's been a really really rough week.

Thanks Diznee!!! I am still not feeling 100%. I have been up off the couch more today. I'm supposed to go back to work on Thursday but we'll see how I am doing then. I was in charge of a PP share and had to order the cd today so it's forced me to be at the computer a little longer. It was such an awesome share with great people...we ended up with over 1070 pics!!!! WOO HOO

Anyway...just a quick check in. I'll be back when I can. Thanks for the thoughts. :hug:

Wow - great TR! New to this board.....oh, I wish I would have found it sooner - we leave in ONE MONTH for our 1st time there!!! I have really enjoyed reading your post and seeing the pictures - can I get more excited:banana:
We also have decided to stay at ParkVue Inn and have been a little apprehensive until I came across your post!
THANK YOU for taking the time to write this! I look forward to the rest.

Thanks Diznee!!! I am still not feeling 100%. I have been up off the couch more today. I'm supposed to go back to work on Thursday but we'll see how I am doing then. I was in charge of a PP share and had to order the cd today so it's forced me to be at the computer a little longer. It was such an awesome share with great people...we ended up with over 1070 pics!!!! WOO HOO

Anyway...just a quick check in. I'll be back when I can. Thanks for the thoughts. :hug:

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better.....sorry late reading this...I was actually back in Anaheim when you updated this........ get bored read my mini TR to catch up on the goings on in my world.

Keep us updated on how you're doing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter