Were on our way

Keith Francis

Earning My Ears
Thanks for all the advice, were on our way to buying some points at boardwalk villas. Sue and I are over the moon, Were pending, and it's just where we wanted.
In the end we were unable to buy from Shontell but I can recommend her. she is such a nice person to talk to.
We are at the worst stage, the signing of contracts and transferring money.
A little bit of advice please.
What is the preferred way of transferring funds to the USA? Has any one sent their payment as a Currency Draft. what would happen if it got lost, or is the preferred method the wire. we want to take advantage of the good exchange rate at the moment so it would be nice to know how many dollars we are guaranteed before we send the money.
By the way how does one change their log in name, I would like to use "Keith & Sue" instead of Keith francis.
thanks all

Can you pay by credit card?

We found this the easiest way and got a great rate $1.52.

Karen

Sounds exciting!

CC would definitely be the easiest way to send the money, but if the vendor can't accept a cc payment then a Priority Payment (I think that's the name our bank uses for a 'wire') may be more secure than a Bankers' Draft as it can't go astray in the post like a draft could. I had to use one of these this week for a payment to a villa owner for rental payment, and it cost me £15, whereas I undertsand a draft would be nearer £8 - 10.

I don't think there is a way to change your log in name, but you could just re-register under your 'new' preferred name. :)

With the Nationwide credit card there is no fee payable at all. All other card companies charge 2.75% on international transactions which works out at about 4 cents at the current exchange rate. With Nationwide you get the "full" exchange rate which currently 1.555 $-£. I am anxiously waiting for mine as I have a closing date of the 18th. I'm not expecting a credit limit of the £12-13k I need, I will just credit the account with this much beforehand so I have enough credit available on the card. Hope to save about £350 this way. Just hope the exchange rate doesn't tumble in the next week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!