Were you too tired to go out at night after a day at DC? What are DC hours anyway?

CuteKatCar

DIS Veteran
I'm debating doing the DC day and giving up a day at WDW. Since we will be getting the free SeaWorld tickets, we'll be losing another day at WDW for that. Not sure I can bear to not have enough days at WDW.

So I was wondering if we wouldn't be too tired after DC to go to one of the parks at night> (Do I sound commando or what?). My kids are only 7 and 10. (Yes, I am commando).

Any thoughts appreciated.

Anna

I did DC in March and it closed at 5 PM, I stayed till the end. I then went to the hotel and got ready for dinner at the Contemporary. Then we went to Pleasure Island that night. The next day I stayed in bed till 10 and then went to the MK.
I was a little tired but not beat.
DC was great but I did an early swim and all the pools then just relaxed there on the beach till it was time to leave.

You can go out after DC if you go back to your hotel room and rest. But if you went straight from DC to SWF you'd be tired.
Also, if you're going to do DC/SWF, it's a good idea to stay at the Renaissance resort located literally across the street from SWF.
That way you can walk across the parking lot to SWF.

Yeah, it's alot of money, but worth it. Save up for next year.

We did DC and then checked into Disney later that afternoon. We were extremely tired,but it was only last week and it was 95 dgrees. The heat really makes a difference,so March may not be so bad.We just walked along the Boardwalk that night. I purposly went a couple days early and stayed off Disney grounds just so we would not waste our Disney days not using the parks and hotels. It worked out great,but I sure could have used a relaxing day at DC in the middle of our commando week at Disney! Enjoy yourself it is so nice there.

We went to SW after DC on 9/2.

We got to DC a little before 8:30, and had a 9:30 dolphin swim. We had lunch at about 11:30, and felt that we had had a pretty full day at DC by about 3:00. At that point, we decided to go over to SW. We stayed until about 6:30 or 7:00. We didn't feel overly worn out, but we won't do it again.

It was less a matter of being tired out, than losing the peacefulness of the day. We compared it to walking out of a Spa and into an Airport, going from the peacefulness of DC to the crowds of SW (even though they were small as crowds go, they were still crowds). In the future, if we go back to DC, we will plan on doing things in the evening that continue the relaxation of DC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter