West jet!!! You’re killing me!!!

quandrea

DIS Veteran
When is West jet going to release their fares for the first week of January?!!! We need to buy mco to yyz, one way. I’ve been waiting on Westjet and now I’m watching Air Canada’s fares climb. Should I just buy the Air Canada ticket before it goes up again? Extremely frustrating.

I've been waiting for YYZ-FLL to show up for the first two weeks, but it's telling me that 12/31 - 01/06 is sold out. Which seems, well...

210943.jpg

As in, next year? Oh man. I wouldn't even THINK of booking flights to Orlando before Summer. You're best prices are generally 4-6 months out... We're booked for January 2020 with DVC but won't book flights til late Summer or early Fall.

As in, next year? Oh man. I wouldn't even THINK of booking flights to Orlando before Summer. You're best prices are generally 4-6 months out... We're booked for January 2020 with DVC but won't book flights til late Summer or early Fall.
I think you are right. We are frequent fliers. Just not at peak season. I’ve been told—not sure how accurate the information is—that buying peak season tickets as soon as they are released is the way to go. Thus I’ve been watching like a hawk. We do have our Christmas Day outbound tickets. Those have gone up over $200 each since we booked. Air Canada’s prices for our homebound leg went up $20 overnight. That’s making me skittish. I’m already uncomfortable with the fare. Watching it go up and up and up is scary. But, Air Canada is too much now, might as well wait for Westjet and even beyond that perhaps. I do know we saw the same phenomenon at Thanksgiving and the fares did go way down about sixty days out. Only thing in our favour is that it’s only two tickets. We are a group of five, but three of us can come home during the second week of January.

I think you are right. We are frequent fliers. Just not at peak season. I’ve been told—not sure how accurate the information is—that buying peak season tickets as soon as they are released is the way to go. Thus I’ve been watching like a hawk. We do have our Christmas Day outbound tickets. Those have gone up over $200 each since we booked. Air Canada’s prices for our homebound leg went up $20 overnight. That’s making me skittish. I’m already uncomfortable with the fare. Watching it go up and up and up is scary. But, Air Canada is too much now, might as well wait for Westjet and even beyond that perhaps. I do know we saw the same phenomenon at Thanksgiving and the fares did go way down about sixty days out. Only thing in our favour is that it’s only two tickets. We are a group of five, but three of us can come home during the second week of January.

I get it. It's so stressful watching those fluctuations! Are you West Jet card holders?? It helps a lot knowing we have the West Jet dollars and companion fare in our back pocket to help with flight costs. West Jet has sales pretty much on all holidays, with the best being Canada Day and Cyber Monday. Maybe Canada Day would be a good time to book??

4-6 months is where I generally see the most fluctuation. But I like to start tracking prices as early as possible so that I can have some sort of baseline on which to figure out costs.

I agree with the 4-6 months, except when it's peak time (Christmas to New Years, March Break), those rarely come down again from what I have seen. If you are going off by even a few days then for sure, but those "no school" times are expensive!

An excellent point. Those holidays are a killer.

I agree with the 4-6 months, except when it's peak time (Christmas to New Years, March Break), those rarely come down again from what I have seen. If you are going off by even a few days then for sure, but those "no school" times are expensive!
And this is why I’m chomping at the bit to lock in.

I track our flights all year and the cheapest time for us (March Break) is as soon as they are released. Air Transat releases 18 months - I have my one way flight for the way home bought with them already for March 2020. Now I am waiting on Air Canada so I can buy my one-way flight down to Orlando.

I track our flights all year and the cheapest time for us (March Break) is as soon as they are released. Air Transat releases 18 months - I have my one way flight for the way home bought with them already for March 2020. Now I am waiting on Air Canada so I can buy my one-way flight down to Orlando.
How do you feel about Air Transat?

How do you feel about Air Transat?
We used them in 2012 for Glasgow, Scotland, 2016 for Orlando and last September for London,England. I’ve never had an issue or anything but professional staff. I think an airline shows you it’s true colours when something goes wrong though and I’ve never had anything go wrong with airtransat . I have some horror stories with other airlines though. I personally would fly them again but I know there are others who’ve had bad experiences and won’t.

We used them in 2012 for Glasgow, Scotland, 2016 for Orlando and last September for London,England. I’ve never had an issue or anything but professional staff. I think an airline shows you it’s true colours when something goes wrong though and I’ve never had anything go wrong with airtransat . I have some horror stories with other airlines though. I personally would fly them again but I know there are others who’ve had bad experiences and won’t.

THIS! The problem with charters is ALWAYS when something goes wrong. We had a horrible time with Transant and avoid them at all costs. We always fly West Jet or Alaska Airlines out of Seattle.

PS - Just checked today our of curiosity and saw West Jet had flights posted through the 13th of January, 2020.

THIS! The problem with charters is ALWAYS when something goes wrong. We had a horrible time with Transant and avoid them at all costs. We always fly West Jet or Alaska Airlines out of Seattle.

PS - Just checked today our of curiosity and saw West Jet had flights posted through the 13th of January, 2020.
Still not showing up for yyz to mco from December 31 through January 6 for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter