Westgate Town Center vs Mystic Dunes Resort (please help)

Vandyzack7

Earning My Ears
My GF was recently diagnosed with cancer so I am trying to surprise her with a trip to Orlando, her favorite place ever, from (5/28-6/1) to go to Disney one day and Universal one day. She has no idea so I cannot go to her for help in scheduling this trip.

I found cheap deals at these two resorts. Westgate is about 50 dollars more expensive.

Both offer timeshare presentations for cash and I plan to use that cash to craigslist the Universal tickets (hope that’s safe). Not sure the best way for Disney tickets speaking that I’ll only have about 200 dollars left. Would take any recommendations!

Thanks for your time guys! Hoping some of you have stayed at these resorts. My GF and I are 25 years old and I’m looking for a fun place to get our minds off the situation for a few days!

Your post touched my heart, sooo sweet of you to want to give your girlfriend a break from the stress. Laughter & happiness DO help with health! As for your Disney tickets, I'd check out Base Tickets from Undercover Tourist or Park Savers. NO clue if using craigslist for the Universal tickets is a safe way to go. I'd likely not do that just to be sure that the money hasn't been wasted since this sounds like you're planning a trip on a budget. And if this is the case, I'd go with the less expensive resort option. Whatever you choose to do, best wishes to you and your girlfriend!:wizard:

I haven't stayed in either of those resorts, so can't help there.

Unfortunately, buying tickets for theme parks from Craisglist/ebay/anything similar is not a good idea. Some people are honest, but there is no way to know if the tickets you bought are valid until you try to use them, and the risk is too big.

Make sure you are aware if MD will charge you a resort fee. I would never recommend staying at "Wastegate" - their sales practices are typically among the worst in the timeshare industry.

I own 2 timeshares but have never done a sales presentation and don't recommend wasting precious vacation time unless you have months of it available.

There are requirements to get the discounted timeshare promo Married, income must meet a certain amount etc. just make sure you read everything twice.

There are requirements to get the discounted timeshare promo Married, income must meet a certain amount etc. just make sure you read everything twice.

THIS: They have SUPER STRICT rules about being able to do the presentation and you won't qualify because you aren't married

I replied to you on Budget Board. You said you are both 25. It seems you don’t meet eligibility for the presentation for
Several reasons.

https://orlandotouristinformationbureau.com/freetickets/discount-tickets.htm

Westgate Preview Qualifications
  1. This offer is not available to Westgate owners or visitors staying at Westgate.
  2. Can not have toured a Westgate resort in past 6 months.
  3. This offer is available to married or cohabitating couples ages 28-70.
    Co-habitating couples must have matching addresses on state issued photo id or show proof of cohabitation.
  4. Single US woman means never married, widowed or divorced aged 30-70.
    Separated women do not qualify.
    No single women from Florida or Georgia.
  5. Combined income of at least $60,000 or better with a major credit card.
    All qualified parties must speak fluent English or Spanish.
  6. Only one promotional offer at this price per family, group or friends vacationing with same, similar or adjoining arrival and departure dates.
    No group tours.
  7. Can not tour day of arrival.
  8. Must be staying in a local hotel, motel or short term vacation rental.
  9. If married or cohab both must attend presentatrion.
    A driver's license or photo I.D. and one of the following will be acceptable:
    Visa, Master Card, American Express or Discover.
    Debit cards with Mastercard or Visa logo require prior resort approval.
    This offer is not available for those on student or work visas.
  10. There is no obligation to purchase anything.
  11. Sign(both parties if married or co-hab) the timeshare invitation emailed to you.
    Do so immediately after printing invitation and before arriving at resort.
  12. Residents of Brevard, Volusia, Lake, Oseola, Orange, Polk or Seminole Counties do not qualify for this offer.
    Residents of the UK must be married or co-habitating with husband over 30 and a combined income of 35K sterling.
  13. $40 reservation deposit collected at time of booking.
    Please note $40 is not refunded should you not decide to attend presentation.

OP, a couple of posters above have given excellent advice regarding the requirements for the time share presentation. I'm thinking that you would be much better off staying at a hotel that would be less expensive than these resorts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter