Westgate Vacation Villas

BethCPTSD

Mouseketeer
Hi.
I'm sorry -- a couple hours ago I asked about the Seralago Hotel. I was really feeling uncertain about the cleanliness and safety of that hotel, so now I found a time share rental at Westgate Vacation Villas. Has anyone been THERE? Is it clean? It is nice? I think it was updated around 2015, so I'd really like to hear from anyone that's been there since then.

Thanks!
Beth

Beth, you might try asking on the Orlando Hotels & Attractions Forum. The posters there are familiar with most if not all of the local offsite accommodations. They may not have much info about HA rooms, but should know general recommendations.

Enjoy your vacation!

Hi Beth!

I just did a quick search of the DISBoards with the phrase "Westgate Vacation Villas" (using that Search... box up there in the upper right hand corner - like Google for the DISBoards!) and here's a link to the result:

Westgate Vacation Villas

Thank you Mamabunny! I had done that too, but didn't find a whole lot. I went over it again on your link and found some better information! To be honest, my PTSD is making me so crazy about where I'm going to stay I literally am terrified I will be killed by being contaminated if it isn't just so. I've been pouring over reviews and I keep switching my reservations! All places have a mix of good and bad reviews, but I mostly want something clean and not frightening outside the doors...meaning no scary, dark, lurking parking lots and grounds and things. I think I traumatized myself further by booking some really seedy, low budget places and some of the reviews I read scared me to death. I just want to feel safe while I'm there, especially as it's just me and my service dog. My trauma disorders are overwhelming disabilities for me and yet as much as I want to take this trip (I've always been independent) I have major fears creeping in. Fortunately, I'll still be talking to my doctor while I'm there. That should help a lot.

Thanks for listening to my tangent!

I have stayed there, but it’s been a few years.

My room was clean, but here’s why I would not stay there again.

The “buy a timeshare here” sales pitch was brutal and non-stop. Believe me I have enough of an iron will not to be pressured into doing something stupid , but it was irritating.

The place that I stayed was part of a lock off unit. There was a common door for both units and then separate locked door for each unit after a small vestibule. When I came home late at night I had to walk thru the partiers from the next unit to get to my door. Not pleasant. I am sure it would have been much worse if I were young and cute.

Hey Beth - I forgot (over on the parking thread you started) that you are staying off property this time! LOL

There's a resort that comes highly recommended - hang on and let me see if I can find the info....

.... OK, I'm back and I found it!

Staybridge Suites They have a roll-in shower unit, first floor (they don't have elevators, so I would call the hotel directly to book!) and they are HIGHLY recommended here on the DIS. Folks whose opinion I hold in high regard, like @HopperFan have given great reviews about this property!

And just for you, here's a quick DISBoards search for this property :)

Thank you Mamabunny and everyone else for your help! Mamabunny, I'll go check that out, I'm very curious!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!