"We've gone too far"-A sister trip with surprise guest Irma! Sept 2017 - Completed 4/16

Since you did both dessert parties, which would say is a better deal for your money? I know the SW one has alcohol, which for some is a big deal and plenty of character interaction possibilities. But the HEA one had chairs and more fireworks...so I'm curious which you liked better, overall.

I had to giggle at your packing trouble. Overlooking a purchase is very possible after a long trip at Disney. There's just so much to buy!

Great Star Wars character picks! I'm bummed I never made it over to BB-8's meet during my trip!

I'm sorry the dessert party wasn't your favorite. The lack of seats would have bothered me too! But glad you enjoyed the food!

Since you did both dessert parties, which would say is a better deal for your money? I know the SW one has alcohol, which for some is a big deal and plenty of character interaction possibilities. But the HEA one had chairs and more fireworks...so I'm curious which you liked better, overall.

I had to giggle at your packing trouble. Overlooking a purchase is very possible after a long trip at Disney. There's just so much to buy!
For me, I liked Happily Ever More. Because it is new, in order to get a good spot you really have to scope it out pretty far in advance. Also the crowds are so insane around the Hub that you end up shoulder to shoulder. I liked having the more relaxed Plaza view. And the respite at the end of the evening was good! For Star Wars I think it is still easy to get a good spot without waiting that long in advance.

I actually ended up doing the HEA version again in March. I probably will skip it in December (instead just do the Jingle Bell Jingle Jam version at DHS), because I would really like to see fireworks from right in front of the castle with the best view of the projections.

We definitely had lots of purchases to pack (and really, a significant portion I could have just bought at DL later...), so it was like a jigsaw and I got everything done and see 2 more bags on the floor behind me! I think one had my Banshee perch too, so it wasn't exactly small things that could get stuffed into the side!

Great Star Wars character picks! I'm bummed I never made it over to BB-8's meet during my trip!

I'm sorry the dessert party wasn't your favorite. The lack of seats would have bothered me too! But glad you enjoyed the food!
You definitely need to meet BB-8, he is pretty cute!

First, some real-life update: Got to have a great Disneyland day on Saturday, meeting up with @StarWarsMomofGirls! and her awesome family! I'll leave most things for her eventual TR, but the girls did get me on Grizzly River Rapids (basically Kali River Rapids, just different theming). And did you know that there's a geyser in the middle of the river near the end. And it goes off occasionally, with no shutoff for a raft approaching? Because I didn't!

fwx1aDS.jpg

Yeah, I don't think I've EVER gotten wetter on a ride at any amusement park ANYWHERE! When the CMs working the ride say, wow you got soaked, you know you got soaked! I was still a bit damp about 6 hrs later when I got home!

On with the Trip Report!

Day 11, Part 1 "Where's my phone !?!"

So, first, I can’t believe we spent 11 days at Walt Disney World! At times it seemed so long, but yet passed by so fast! But it had been an awesome trip!

We didn’t have to wake up super early this morning, but did have to throw the last few things in our bags, as well as check all the corners of the room to make sure we didn’t loose anything! Luckily, I don’t think we did! We also finished up collecting all the trash/containers and wrote up some postcards for kids we knew.

For breakfast, I decided to have my dessert from Amorette’s, which was the Avant-Garde [Chocolate Chiffon Cake and Chocolate Crumble]! An awesome breakfast! It was so chocolaty and rich. Lauren isn’t a big sweet fan (!!! I know!!!), so she didn’t partake (I think she got a croissant from Sassagoula later). Of course, I ended up forgetting to grab plastic cutlery…so just bit into it :confused3

2FJBl2o.jpg
ovzbbiC.jpg

Once I was all chocolated up (yeah, that’s not a word…) we grabbed the last of our things and headed out to drop off our bags at resort airline check-in. There are 2 counters at POFQ, and because Lauren and I were on different airlines/flights, we each got a lady and got done quickly. There was no one there when we showed up, but once we got started several larger families showed up! All our bags were easily underweight. While we were doing all of that, Lauren suddenly looked at me, panicked-where’s my phone?!? Did I leave it in the room? She nearly passed out in humiliation when I pointed to the counter, where she had just put her phone down after checking her flight time! Even the CMs were laughing hysterically!

Once our checked bags were taken care of, we left our carry-on bags with bell services. It was weird going to the parks without any sort of bag, just my wallet, phone, and magic band!

While Lauren went to get a chocolate croissant, I also stopped by the concierge desk, where I gave them all our unopened extra food. We had so many supplies from the hurricane that we didn’t end up needing to dig into-wheat thins, oreos, ritz crackers, popcorn, chips, granola bars, etc. Rather than throwing them out, we thought maybe the CMs could put it in their break room, and they were very appreciative (I think the oreos on top helped that…). Lauren also gave a bit more pixie dust to some random kids in the arcade with our free 30-minute play card I had gotten back on Day 1!

We finally got to the bus stop around 9:30 or so. I did have a bit of an awkward interaction with a couple. I was standing, wearing shorts, so my legs were exposed. I think we were chatting with the husband and wife about their park plans that day. After we explained we had gone on Flight of Passage 3 times so far, she stopped and pointed to my legs and her husband-see, she was able to go! She was a larger woman too, and I guess she didn’t fit on the ride vehicle because her calves were too big. I didn’t quite know what to do about that…um, sorry? So, we ended up standing around awkwardly in silence until our busses came! :confused3

Well, by 10am, we were finally at our last park, which would be…Animal Kingdom! I was really happy about this choice, as it ended up being my favorite park!

YgBHUVP.jpg

Once we got in, I stopped to mail the postcards we had finished. In addition to a few for Max and Alice, I had volunteered to cover someone’s Fairy Godmailer duties. We were both in the September facebook group and she had cancelled her trip due to Irma, so needed someone to send some cards from Mickey and friends to 3 little boys. Lauren had fun writing them up, and I wish I had taken a photo of the messages!

ym3FvjY.jpg

First things up, Lauren’s favorite ride (and one in my top 5): Expedition Everest.

rXIKA6c.jpg

We ended up riding twice in a row, once with a pre-booked FP, and once with a multi-experience FP guest services had given me after I complained about the express transport option going away. We actually ended up requesting the first row for one ride (where we posed as we were so upset it was our last day), and the last row for the other ride (where we decided to be princesses).

3t9MD7W.jpg
WfLp1Xr.jpg
hGAIvxF.jpg

rbAg0Vu.jpg
pKr7xUH.jpg

Once that was finished I stopped at the drink stand next door to pick up a souvenir sipper. I think I forgot to mention that I collect souvenir sippers from Disneyland, though there weren't many options at Disneyworld (at least unique to WDW). A couple days earlier I had seen that the Thirsty River Bar next to Everest had 2 options that were themed around Rivers of Light. I had a tough time choosing and got the one fancier one (on Lauren's advice). Well, I regretted not getting the other one too, so I ended up picking that up. Both of them light up, which is very nice! Once I decided to buy the second one Lauren said she had bet with herself that I would end up going back for it! (the photo below also shows the Navi Flute Cup which I also got later on that day).

mGtgYTt.jpg
eN9oDVW.jpg

Cont...

Day 11, Part 2 "Look at the cute bats"

We knew we had time to do 1 animal trail, so had to pick between Gorilla Falls and Maharajah. We decided on Maharajah, since I think Lauren had done Gorilla Falls the year before.

R6V6cxn.jpg

Komodo Dragon was out basking on the rocks (I think it was alternating between overcast/sunny that day).

aSflaMz.jpg

The Lion-tailed macaques were being playful; the main window was pretty crowded, but we went over to the side and got a great view of this one guy who kept staring at us!

q7rFexP.jpg
EICtZ61.jpg

Next the Malayan Flying Fox bat (I looked that up afterwards). Lauren thought they were so cute…meanwhile I was a bit less excited! For some reason the stretched wings just freak me out, and they were soooo big!

rrffwaI.jpg

The female tiger wasn’t out, as the cubs were only a month old. The CM working said she doesn’t like to leave them alone for too long, so they didn’t even know what genders they were yet (soon afterwards they found out there was a boy and girl). Lauren and I did comment on how nice the enclosure looked.

k2ZjEZC.jpg

The tiger wall…probably should have taken a selfie or individual photos with it!

v2yCpXB.jpg

Don’t know which animals were supposed to be in the next enclosure, as we only could see birds.

GEep2im.jpg
fxTjDr1.jpg

Even though the female tiger was away, the male tiger was visible in his enclosure. I thought it was so funny how he was laying on his back against the wall, as my cat does that same thing! He did roll around a bit, but was probably dreaming, and didn’t actually get up.

tqwcw75.jpg
h1i3Bbx.jpg
xildJm5.jpg

We skipped the aviary as my sister doesn’t like birds-too many bad experiences of them attacking her/food she was holding!

We also got a glimpse of the Gibbons in the exterior enclosure/jungle gym; they hadn’t been out on our previous days.

cpHiVTH.jpg
zvTKSW3.jpg

It was time for our second Fastpass, so we said farewell to Asia and went over to Africa (the walkway was open this morning).

Cont...AAA: Active african animals!

That was nice of you guys to drop off the unopened snacks with CMs. I'm sure they appreciated it, and it was better than letting them go to waste.

Good last choice of parks! Animal Kingdom is such an underappreciated park.
And front row on EE is the best!

Even big cats can't resist napping against walls...:rotfl2:

All the sippers you got from AK were really cool. Were they a pain to pack in your bags? If not, I might have to consider getting one later this month.:rotfl:

Also, glad to know that overall the HEA dessert party won out compared with the SW one.

(when Lauren came up about 5-10 minutes later, that CM made sure to give her a hard time about being a droid smuggling in an illegal alien)
funny! We have had a lot of good CM expierences in the Launch Bay. Good Star Wars fans, I think....

Lauren’s Plate 1. She said “this dessert party is a sham, there’s no chocolate covered strawberries”. Once she had the Nutella ice cream, she was a bit more satisfied!
Ha. Dessert Sham! Morgan would agree. She loves her some chocolate covered strawberries!

We did end up sharing 2 drinks but they were too alcoholic for me. I think it was the Galactic punch and light speed margarita, but maybe it was the Cosmic Citrus Twist :confused3. We did get a couple sodas though (and the CM working the rope kept making sure we knew there was alcohol available)…
qi6GOoF.jpg
T2FC7vA.jpg
At least they weren't being stingy with the alchol. But I did find the drinks at the Star Wars dessert party to be super strong!

My favorites were the mini financiers. I also got a bunch more cheese skewers, but wish they had just the blocks of cheese like at HEA. I didn’t hate this party, but didn’t like it as much as I thought. I think if there had been seats it would have been a slam dunk for me though!

We made it out just fine though and picked up our tie-fighter popcorn bucket on the way.
ohhh, is that the gift now? That is cool!

After we explained we had gone on Flight of Passage 3 times so far, she stopped and pointed to my legs and her husband-see, she was able to go! She was a larger woman too, and I guess she didn’t fit on the ride vehicle because her calves were too big. I didn’t quite know what to do about that…um, sorry? So, we ended up standing around awkwardly in silence until our busses came! :confused3
Wonder if the woman regretted saying anything after it came out of her mouth. It is a shame that the ride can't accomidate everyone.

Both are great!

Love the EE ride photos, especially the sad face one!

I really like the Maharajah Jungle Trek!
Yeah, it really is great! I spent a bunch more time there in March, and I think I will definitely make time for both animal trails on all future visits!

That was nice of you guys to drop off the unopened snacks with CMs. I'm sure they appreciated it, and it was better than letting them go to waste.

Good last choice of parks! Animal Kingdom is such an underappreciated park.
And front row on EE is the best!

Even big cats can't resist napping against walls...:rotfl2:

All the sippers you got from AK were really cool. Were they a pain to pack in your bags? If not, I might have to consider getting one later this month.:rotfl:

Also, glad to know that overall the HEA dessert party won out compared with the SW one.
I really loved AK so much! It just felt so authentic. I've been following Joe Rhode on instgram/twitter and he's been posting photos lately of the trips to Africa/Asia during the initial research stages, as well as photos of the park and making people guess which is which!

The CMs were very nice at POFQ so we thought it'd be better to share!

I do love front row on EE! Normally I'm a back row rollercoaster girl, but EE is just perfect in the front!

So the sipper that is a hanging lantern actually squishes down accordian-style. I'll need to take a photo at home! It was also pretty light-weight. I really liked the one in the back of that shot (the Navi flute), because the flute actually comes off the cup (that green band around it is more flexible and can be unhooked). It's not really proper to make good music, but is fun! The larger AK one was pretty easy to pack socks and stuff within! There also was one last one (sold at Pongu Pongu) which is clear plastic but carvings that look more Navi, which I got in March!

funny! We have had a lot of good CM expierences in the Launch Bay. Good Star Wars fans, I think....

Ha. Dessert Sham! Morgan would agree. She loves her some chocolate covered strawberries!

At least they weren't being stingy with the alchol. But I did find the drinks at the Star Wars dessert party to be super strong!

ohhh, is that the gift now? That is cool!

Wonder if the woman regretted saying anything after it came out of her mouth. It is a shame that the ride can't accomidate everyone.

Both are great!
Morgan and Lauren really have similar interests-Narwhals and chocolate covered strawberries!

The tie fighter was the gift in September. But now it's the Captain Phasma mug, which I actually like more (it's super shiny); I got one at Disneyland a little while ago!

I feel like they missed the mark with FoP and accomodations. Like I wish they could have an alternate experience off to the side for people that can't sit on those chairs. Like for Finding Nemo Submarine at Disneyland; if you can't get down into the submarine, they actually have a room to the side that is all themed and has video portholes that show the actual ride views. I actually am worried about the Tron Coaster, because I know that one is also a stricter body fitting, but the one in Shanghai has the last car with a row of regular roller coaster seats for larger people.

Day 11, Part 3 Active African Animals!

Outside Harambe Market we saw another photographer, so had to make a stop! And got a magic shot, even though it was one we already had, but it worked!

acMJ2r0.jpg
nBopk5b.jpg

It was time for our last safari ride (another ride in my top 5)! I was happy we had a FP, as the wait was over an hour and even the FP line was backed up to the initial scan point! I don’t know how long our actual wait was, but I think once we made it underneath the walkway vs in the extended FP queue, it wasn’t long before we were boarding the jeep. (I’m actually looking at the time stamped photos and it looks like we made it from Asia and onto the ride within 25 minutes, so the FP queue must have moved fairly quickly.)

Some pictures again:

Okapi (looks like he was put in time out…)
vAMNoR7.jpg

Black rhino in his typical spot
1aFWX6k.jpg

Bongos and deer right next to the road
xQQw4W2.jpg

The hippos were very active, which made me so excited! I love hippos, especially with Fiona the Hippo! There were multiple hippos getting in and out and back in the water-I ended up taking over 50 photos…:rolleyes1 don’t worry, I won’t post them all (I tend to just snap away with photos, and then need to cut down all the duplicates/blurry photos, etc)!
AG9J8kw.jpg
rdAB4el.jpg
IUSmUoN.jpg

African dogs were up, with one very itchy one giving himself a good scratch!

2vAObdC.jpg
WA6KtTZ.jpg

Giraffes pretty close to the road too
EPk0VKE.jpg
W4Ex4v8.jpg

A mandrill was walking around though we were driving too fast to get a good look!
IK9u52S.jpg

One last look at Stella.
UQh7lgV.jpg

We saw some cheetahs, but they camouflaged to the leafy ground too well, so my photos just look like landscaping!

Lions were out sleeping again this morning!
RbRN2Em.jpg
V3mGCKj.jpg

And a sleepy warthog in his den
rN0bGn7.jpg

Our new animal for this safari-ostriches! They hadn’t been out during out previous two.
OOo32en.jpg

Rhinos were also pretty active, and close to the road!
94FuaKF.jpg

And finally, Oryx
g8YutlH.jpg

Lauren and I both agreed it was our favorite safari as the animals were more active (though the weather was the same as previous ones…so, :confused3). I’d love to get on one early in the morning or at dusk in cooler temperatures to see how they are (I would end up doing both in March, so check out that TR for when I eventually get to that part)!

Day 11, Part 4 Pandora and Lunch!

Now we were done with real animals, time for fantasy ones-a final trip to Pandora!

oC4b6a3.jpg
NnhK2Ns.jpg

We used our FP for FoP. There was still a backup in the corridor, but it wasn’t as bad as FP Ride 3. We also asked the CM if we could be on the top row, since that was the only one we hadn’t experience, and they obliged us. I don’t think I have a favorite spot within the ride, as each provides a slightly different view and experience. But I think it is my favorite ride at WDW!

IB6eUgq.jpg

We finished our ride and it was almost 1pm. Our pick-up time for DME was 3:10, and the lines were definitely longer that day, so we decided to just get lunch and head out. Originally I pushed for Flame Tree BBQ, but because we were there, we ended up doing Satuli Canteen. Worked out well, because I forgot they had a Navi flute souvenir sipper, so I got that for my collection. We also did mobile ordering, which saved soooo much time!

Regular line (looped all the way back to the building entrance):

JwwyoGI.jpg

Both Lauren and I ended up getting the beef bowl with rice. Because I’m weird, I got mine without vegetable slaw, while Lauren got hers without the boba pearls (they originally forgot mine, so added that to the side once I asked). I got the chimichurri sauce and Lauren got the black bean vinaigrette; both of us got them on the side so we could try them both. Lauren loved the black bean sauce, so after I said I didn’t care as much, she poured it over the top of hers.

hTyIDMJ.jpg

I do think this could be a very good meal, if you weren’t boring like me! So for me, I ended up with meat (which, to be honest, was very tender and delicious) and rice (which was drier). I did like the boba pearls though. The sauce was fine, but I’m not a big sauce person. So, I feel it was a waste for me. Lauren did love hers though. And we both felt it was a lot of food for the value. I think now-a-days they also have the combo bowls, which could be interesting for someone wanting to try a couple different meats.

I did like the theming inside.

MyQh8ND.jpg
AzSOJWs.jpg
l8qPQ2A.jpg

On our way out of Pandora we stopped to get a final Photopass, and the Banshee Magic Shot!

9m3OlDD.jpg
rnEMo4Y.jpg

We stopped at the larger AK gift shop to pick up a present for our mom: bioluminescent jelly beans and a mug. Lauren also got a treat for our family’s dog.
400006668721%20(5).jpg
FAm4c6c.jpg
sKtQVaS.jpg

We then hopped on a bus back to POFQ (the driver was actually about to pull away but saw us rushing towards it).

Cont...Leaving WDW and final thoughts.

First, some real-life update: Got to have a great Disneyland day on Saturday, meeting up with @StarWarsMomofGirls! and her awesome family!
No way! I was so excited to read this!! I think I've read all the trip reports written by you and @StarWarsMomofGirls! and I feel like I know you guys. I'm sure it was a good time! :goodvibes

I feel like they missed the mark with FoP and accomodations. Like I wish they could have an alternate experience off to the side for people that can't sit on those chairs. Like for Finding Nemo Submarine at Disneyland; if you can't get down into the submarine, they actually have a room to the side that is all themed and has video portholes that show the actual ride views.
Agreed. I hope the Imagineers are working on it...
There were multiple hippos getting in and out and back in the water-I ended up taking over 50 photos…
Ha! Confession: I'm not a big 'animal person'...except when it comes to hippos! No idea why. All I know is that hippos rule.
We stopped at the larger AK gift shop to pick up a present for our mom: bioluminescent jelly beans and a mug.
This mug is cute, hilarious, unexpected (WtP with a non-character!), and perfectly fit for Disney's Animal Kingdom. Great pick!

the FP line was backed up to the initial scan point!

I feel like the line always gets backed up at the FP scan point for the safari. Not sure why it happens at this particular ride more than others, but that's been my experience.

I ended up taking over 50 photos…:rolleyes1 don’t worry, I won’t post them all (I tend to just snap away with photos, and then need to cut down all the duplicates/blurry photos, etc)

I think a lot of us Trip Reporters are guilty of this. It's a lot easier to take lots of pictures and pick and choose our favorites than only take a few and be unhappy with the selection.

Your lunch did look pretty good, and it amazed me how long that regular line was compared to how quickly you got your mobile order. I would think more people would be utilizing the system...

The okapi in time out is so funny! Glad you had a great safari!

Sounds like a nice way to end your last moments in the park!

Omg that Stitch magic shot is perfect for that bench. I think that might be my favorite of the shots you got.

Yay for getting one last awesome safari! You'll definitely have to do one at dusk, it's such an interesting atmosphere and the lions usually are out during that time. (Side note: FIONA YAAAASSS. Queen.)

Ugh, all this FoP talk makes me so sad I'm not going to back for WDW for so long. I've heard such good things. I MUST RIDE SOON AAAAAHHHHH And omg the food at Satuli looks delish. I'm big on sauces so it sounds PERF for me.

Love the one last magic shot! Looks like you ended on a good note for that.

Only one update away from finishing this TR... sadness. But I can't wait to hear your final thoughts on your first trip to the Florida park! :teeth:

So, first, I can’t believe we spent 11 days at Walt Disney World! At times it seemed so long, but yet passed by so fast! But it had been an awesome trip!
When we renewed our wedding vows in 2016, our trip was 12 days long!!!! When I would tell people, they basically shook their heads at me like "how can you possibly spend 12 days at a theme park?" ....while I'm thinking, "Man, I didn't have enough time to do everything I wanted to do!" LOL

I didn't know you collected those!! Are you SUPER excited about the adorable Aliens one they are releasing in Toy Story Land!!!???

I didn't know you collected those!! Are you SUPER excited about the adorable Aliens one they are releasing in Toy Story Land!!!???
Yes! BUT-they are already selling them at Disneyland as part of Pixar Fest! They will also have a Woody Boot sipper (with a root beer float, but I may see if I can just get coke), and a Mike Wasowski sipper! Plus the Alien popcorn bucket and a Sully popcorn bucket. When I started collecting them, I considered doing both sippers and popcorn buckets, but quickly realized $$$ so decided to not do the popcorn buckets! I do have the tie fighter (from the Star Wars dessert party) and an Oogie Boogie from Halloween, but I've skipped all the others!

They will also have a Woody Boot sipper (with a root beer float, but I may see if I can just get coke)
The alien one is really just adorable!!! I remember people FREAKING out about the enchanted rose one when it came out. It was cool, but I wasn't insane about it....the alien one has me a little nutty. Like, hmmm, can I book a trip to just make sure I get one?! LOL

I agree with the coke over root beer float!! We used to have a place that made coke floats instead of root beer if you preferred. mmmmmmmmm.

Well I just spent a whole bunch of time reading your trip report over the last few days! :thanks: I'm hoping to take our first trip to Disney World next year so I really liked reading it from a first timer's perspective. I've only done Disneyland since it's so much closer but I need at least one trip to the World!
I appreciate you taking the time to put all of that together! The dessert party info was especially helpful.
Ok, now on to your solo report... maybe I should wait until I'm off work for the week... :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!