We've lost her in Toontown!

supersuperwendy

any happy little thought?
Our daugter is Toontown obsessed! She wants to be on toontown 24/7. My husband thinks she's too old for toontown. She's almost 13 years old and he thinks it's too juvenile for her. What do you think? Do you have kids hooked on toontown?

Hello there. I do not have much experience with toontown specifically, but wanted to mention there are for sure many avid Disney adults that play the game as well.

My only advice as a parent who has gone through similar types of things with my kids is that if you were accurate in your statement she is addicted, then limits need to be placed. In moderation, at least in my opinion, you have nothing to worry about :)

I definitely try to monitor how long she's on toontown. She gets home before the rest of us and gets time on there after school. For a while I had to password the computer because she was sneaking out of bed at night and playing! At least it seems like a safe environment. A lot of girls her age on on facebook which I don't allow. She loves it so I keep renewing her membership. :goodvibes

I don't think she's too old for it. I'm a few years older and I've been playing since I was around 11. It's just a good, fun, harmless game. :)

My 3 kids 13,11 and 8 play toontown. I have had an annual membership for years now. I find its very safe. My son was suspended for using the word "stupid". My kids are not on facebook but my 13 and 11 year old have many friends who are. I am going to brainwash them with Disney for as long as i can ; ) I just limit their time on the computer.

The game can be very addictive. I have been playing it for 7 years now. I know many people of all ages who play. I don't think Toontown really has an age limit anymore, before it was aimed mostly for younger kids. But anymore you are never to old for the game. When you get higher in the game, it can be very challenging to finish some of the tasks they give you.

It is important to monitor the time on the game, its very easy to become lost in the tasks, games, and fun. I've seen people play the game for 12 or more hours straight and not even realize how much time has passed. I've been guilty for letting time get away from me with it when I first started playing.

I am a 30 something yr old woman who has been playing Toontown for yrs. Each member of our family has a toon character, but my DS(6) & me play the most. She definitely is not too old, but there should be some guidelines. DS only can play for 1 hr at a time. Although, I will say that if she is doing any of the big boss battles (CFO, VP, CEO, CJ), those can take longer than an hour.

I remember the last time I played was when I was 12 before I started year 8 (7th grade) I played Toontown for WEEKS... I haven't really played it since but I think about the game often :) I loved the whole concept of it :D T'was awesome.... Hmm, now I wanna join again ;)

Toontown is a fun game and I actually got my dad addicted to it when I was younger. However, there is another game that I got addicted to instead along with my dad. The game is called Wizard101 and the makers also made a Pirate101 game. The creators even made a websit called kifreegames.com that helps the game Wizard101. Just go to www.wizard101.com
pixiedust:

I was bored so I recently started playing Toontown again but I am not really an addict to the game anymore :rotfl:

I have been playing for about 4 years and I am 74. I have fun helping my grandsons and any other player who needs help. You never get to old for anything Disney. Look for Granny Violet

She'll get tired of it eventually, we all do. The spans of time are a couple of weeks, then it gets boring. Then when we think about it again, after not playing for a while. We yearn to play again, and we go onto the next span of playing. Just don't get her a membership, as you need one to play after the first few missions. Like, for gag upgrades larger than the third, you need a membership.

Our daugter is Toontown obsessed! She wants to be on toontown 24/7. My husband thinks she's too old for toontown. She's almost 13 years old and he thinks it's too juvenile for her. What do you think? Do you have kids hooked on toontown?

I'm 41 and I played toontown more than my kids did. Can't afford to have separate accounts so we just paid for my person to play since I went further in the game. It's a very addictive game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!