Whaaa...is that right???

There are some rental sites (or at least one) that will let you buy rental insurance on the points. Then if you have to cancel for any reason you can get a full refund up to 45 days out from your reservation. After 45 days & up until 3 days out you get a partial refund. There is a sliding scale based on the number of days which determines how much you get back. The cost of the insurance is $1.40 a point with a $100.00 minimum. If you were only renting 2 nights, you would most likely be at the $100.00 level.

Even though I'm a DVC member I rented through the site earlier this year when I wanted to guarantee a reservation at resort other than my home. Everything went great. I paid the full cost up front, but if memory serves, they only required 50% up front. Then the remainder was due at 45 days out. I'm not allowed to post the site name on the boards, but if you're interested let me know & I can send it to you privately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter