What’s going on at Wonders of Life?

WedWayPilot

Mouseketeer
It’s being reported at wdwnt that Wonders of life is no longer being used as the festival center and that there was a hoard of imagineers seen walking into the building. I’m curious if anyone has any information on this?

Maybe they are going to put the inside out attraction in a logical place?

It’s being reported at wdwnt that Wonders of life is no longer being used as the festival center and that there was a hoard of imagineers seen walking into the building. I’m curious if anyone has any information on this?

Maybe they are going to put the inside out attraction in a logical place?
It is not confirmed by Disney yet that the building won't be used as the Festival Center yet.

There have been executives and imagineers spotted all over Epcot the past couple days.

fwiw they were repainting the exterior a month or two ago, so it's clear they want to keep the building, though they've stripped away most of the actual wonders of life remnants in on-stage areas. GotG gift shop maybe? lol

fwiw they were repainting the exterior a month or two ago, so it's clear they want to keep the buildingl
Maybe, but not necessarily. The dome has been leaking for some time and as a result some of the dome's interior surface looked pretty bad. In addition to it being the Festival Center, special and private events take place there on a regular basis, and if it rains during an event, it's a nightmare dealing with it not to mention embarrassing. Not a good situation.

They either had to repair it ASAP in order to prevent any further interior damage or demolish the building. I guess it made more sense in the short term to repair it. Long term, who knows.

I'm hoping that the entire inside will be stripped, refurbished, including the beautiful Wonders Retreat event venue upstairs, and becomes a replacement for the World Showplace pavilion. That pavilion is really showing it's age and needs to be dealt with.

That pavilion is really showing it's age and needs to be dealt with.

If we remove this sentence from the rest of the response how much of FutureWorld does it describe? Imagination, Seas, Innoventions, Life, all but the Soarin part of Land... and until recently Energy. So, 80% of that half of the park? It is really sad what Disney allowed to happen to EPCOT.

If we remove this sentence from the rest of the response how much of FutureWorld does it describe? Imagination, Seas, Innoventions, Life, all but the Soarin part of Land... and until recently Energy. So, 80% of that half of the park? It is really sad what Disney allowed to happen to EPCOT.
Actually I think other than circle of life in the land that pavilion is fairly in good shape. Living with the land may have some outdated scenes but it’s kept in good order.

Agreed, and I would add the WS as well.

The problem with EPCOT is that there attraction go out of date fast. Disney never took into account that technology advances so fast in today’s world. Disney never wanted to do any type of updating. No 22 yo knew any of the movies on TGMR. 3 D films are at most movies theater every day. The Land was never a E ride MS is getting old.

The problem with EPCOT is that there attraction go out of date fast. Disney never took into account that technology advances so fast in today’s world. Disney never wanted to do any type of updating. No 22 yo knew any of the movies on TGMR. 3 D films are at most movies theater every day. The Land was never a E ride MS is getting old.

I think they did know the pavilions would need updating (they were alreadying having to update Tomorrowland at Disneyland by this point) - big issue is hey counted on sponsors to pay for the maintenance and updates and once they went away they wouldn't pay for it themselves

I'm hoping that the entire inside will be stripped, refurbished, including the beautiful Wonders Retreat event venue upstairs, and becomes a replacement for the World Showplace pavilion. That pavilion is really showing it's age and needs to be dealt with.
If I can recall correctly World Showplace has my favorite bathrooms in the park

As for the state of Future World condition wise, everything seems to be up and running real well. If something needs done I would just imagine plussing it. Like adding searider to The Seas, and updating Figment (even though I’m one of the few people who will defend its currrent iteration, if it goes I’ll have the same attitude I had towards energy as “I liked it but it’s time for something new.” I just hope what replaces it has Figment starring). I would like to see the option of mars again for the green team. The earth film kind of underwhelmed me

There's only a partial scan of the map but I don't see a Festival Center indicated anywhere on the new map. If this is a permanent closure, i Just wonder where the beverage seminars and cooking demonstrations will be held for this year's Food and Wine Festival?

There's only a partial scan of the map but I don't see a Festival Center indicated anywhere on the new map. If this is a permanent closure, i Just wonder where the beverage seminars and cooking demonstrations will be held for this year's Food and Wine Festival?
Could be Innoventions and/or the Odyssey.

If I can recall correctly World Showplace has my favorite bathrooms in the park
AFAIK, it's the largest restroom facility at WDW. It has to be in order to accommodate up to 2000 guests in the World Showplace. It's very impressive.
As for the state of Future World condition wise, everything seems to be up and running real well.
Operationally for the most part, the attractions run pretty well, but appearance wise, most of Epcot needs some attention. Hopefully the make-over will include touching up the venues that need it.

I’m hearing rumors that it could be the potential spot for the Mission Space Restaurant...They have still yet to clear out any land near MS, a little reworking to the MS building WoF and adding a small walkway would allow you to go from one to other without losing any theming.
Disney officially announced they aren’t using it’s as the festival center for Flower and Garden.
Disney would be able to have their cake and eat it too, they get to keep the storage and offices in WoF and can add the restaurant without having to build an entirely new building and they don’t have the spread themselves too thin again with Toy Story Land nearing completion

I’m hearing rumors that it could be the potential spot for the Mission Space Restaurant...They have still yet to clear out any land near MS, a little reworking to the MS building WoF and adding a small walkway would allow you to go from one to other without losing any theming.
Disney officially announced they aren’t using it’s as the festival center for Flower and Garden.
Disney would be able to have their cake and eat it too, they get to keep the storage and offices in WoF and can add the restaurant without having to build an entirely new building and they don’t have the spread themselves too thin again with Toy Story Land nearing completion

Wonders of Life is approximately 100,000 square feet that’s to big for a restaurant.

Wonders of Life is approximately 100,000 square feet that’s to big for a restaurant.

Doesn’t necessarily mean they need to use all 100,000 sq feet for the restaurant. They could still use it as a festival center along with being the restaurant in the section closest to MS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!