What’s on your running play list?

ChattaDIS

Mouseketeer
I’m starting my Marathon training tomorrow and need to build out a playlist. What’s everyone got on theirs? Looking for some new ideas.

Lots of Disney music and for later in the race when I need energy, AC/DC, Bruce Springsteen live tracks, especially Badlands and Cadillac Ranch. My daughter’s a musical theater major so even some Broadway songs (Newsies, Bandstand, School of Rock). Plus in trying to will the St Louis Blues to win the Stanley Cup, I’ve added Gloria. Pink and Joan Jett are good to run to also.

My running playlist is all over the place. Rock, rap, hip-hop, pop, country, Disney, and more.
Ditto. (well, no rap or hip-hop really) My main deciding factor in building my playlist is that it has a good tempo for running. I've got a lot of old 70s, 80s stuff (my youth) mixed with some other pop stuff my kids like. I think I have well over 150 songs on it now as I just add to it anytime I hear something that seems like it would be good for running. Some of my favorites

The Eagles - Already Gone
Andy Grammer - Back Home
Rascal Flatts - Prayin' for Daylight
Michael Jackson - Beat It
Taylor Swift - Blank Space
Charlie Daniels Band - Devil Went Down to Georgia
Elvis Presley - Don't be Cruel
George Strait - Here For a Good Time
Michael Buble - Haven't Met you Yet
Flo Rida - I Don't Like It, I Love it
Tim McGraw - I like it, I love it
Huey Lewis - If This is It
Def Leopard - Pour Some Sugar
Stevie Wonder - Superstition
Pink - So What
Aretha Franklin - Think
Go-Gos - We Got the Beat
Billy Joel - Only the Good Die Young
Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling
Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
Jackson 5 - I Want you Back
Shania Twain - Whose Bed have your Boots been Under
Lybrd Skynrd - Sweet Home Alabama
Guns n' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle
*NSYNC - Bye Bye Bye
Hercules - Zero to Hero

I've been listening to a Disney Parks radio station when I've been out and I've had a few favorites of the things that have popped up:
-Mambo 5 (granted it was the Mickey version but the tempo was REALLY good for running)
-The soundtrack for the March of the First Order in Hollywood Studios
-Epcot entrance music/Soarin (it just reminds me of being in the parks for the races)

I try to change it monthly, but alas I haven't created a June playlist yet. Above is a sample of Mays.

It often also includes some 80s rock, 90s Pop, and musical sound tracks. So...all over the place.

When I do 5Ks I tend to alternate between the Newsies and Book of Mormon cast recordings.....I also listen to a bunch of Panic at the Disco and when I was doing my 15K back in February I realized there was a LOT of tracks from the RENT soundtrack peppered in

I listen to a wide variety of music when I run, but I mostly prefer big band swing and old latin (ie Tito Puente). The beat is perfect for my long runs.

I used to listen to a lot of podcasts when I ran.

I have two Disney Running Playlists. The first is for long runs and includes some non Disney Stuff. I really need to remove Rainbow connection from this playlist as the song makes me want to sit down, not run.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4cKgFtsndtnIxaBx8hRSiG
The second is a speedwork playlist that's shorter and more focused on Disney Stuff.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/75PDYipBAtWeJ1EpvBGetO

I Lol at the greatest American hero theme song.

Thanks for the suggestions. Grabbed a few that work for me. I will share what I have once I can finalize my list

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter