What’s something you’re weird about..

When I'm putting silverware away or in the dishwasher, I can't leave one piece "alone"... I feel sorry for it. (I'm not kidding!)

This reminds me of an IKEA commercial from a few years where they make you feel bad for a discarded lamp lol

House numbers, if longer than two digits, CANNOT have a zero or one in the tens place. i.e., 1107 or 312 are unacceptable addresses. I turned down buying a house I liked because of its inappropriate number. Plus the street cannot have a cutesy, ridiculous name, such as Apple Blossom Drive or Jodi-Lynn Place.

House numbers, if longer than two digits, CANNOT have a zero or one in the tens place. i.e., 1107 or 312 are unacceptable addresses. I turned down buying a house I liked because of its inappropriate number. Plus the street cannot have a cutesy, ridiculous name, such as Apple Blossom Drive or Jodi-Lynn Place.

I totally forgot about addresses! I could never live in a place where the address ends in a 0 or 00. It would just be weird to say ‘I live at seven hundred Smith street’. It just feels incomplete.

I like my address because it’s ten o two street name. I cringe when people call it one thousand two.

Last edited:
I have to sleep on the same side of the bed no matter which bed it is. Home, hotels, family visits...I have to sleep on the side where my right arm is the one on the outside. I will ONLY use my own pillows and if we travel, I bring the pillow that I use on top, to use in the hotel room. I can't stand smelling the smell of other people's sheets/pillowcases when I am sleeping, even when its a good smell! (and hotel's use too much bleach, which I am grateful for, but I hate smelling it all night)

We also have the same seats as dinner every night. It drives my DH crazy for some reason, but I grew up sitting in the same seat every night, and have my kids do it now. Apparently in DH's family, it was a free for all, and the kids grabbed the first seat they could find every night.

I hate walking in snow and will do EVERYTHING I can to avoid it. My day is ruined if I look out the window and see that my path to the car is covered in snow. I hate the feeling of cold wet snow on my shoes and feet!

But the weirdest thing that I do is put everything in rainbow-color order. Sets of crayons, markers, anything that comes in a variety of colors, I will rearrange into rainbow order. It is just so visually pleasing and when it's not, it always looks "off" to me! lol

If I have to drink out of a solo cup - it can only be a clear one or a clear one with a design on it. My friends know this and they either have my stash at their house or not be offended when I bring my own cup.

I will only use certain forks from the drawer - they're pretty much salad forks, I like the tyne size and the weight of them.

I have a brand name food thingy too. French's mustard, Hellman's Mayo, Uncle Ben Rice and Oscar Mayer hot dogs. what makes it even more weird, I will eat other brand when I'm out - but in my house there are no exceptions. NONE.

I will only write in blue gel ink. I carry my Uniball pens with me, where ever I go. I use my pen to sign register receipts too. I will NOT use a black ink pen and if I have to I just sign with a squiggly line, I want no part of it. LOL

I'll meet you half way.

We also have the same seats as dinner every night...But the weirdest thing that I do is put everything in rainbow-color order. Sets of crayons, markers, anything that comes in a variety of colors...

Of course we have "our" seats in my house, and I've always liked my crayons sorted by color!

I have to sleep on the same side of the bed no matter which bed it is...I hate walking in snow and will do EVERYTHING I can to avoid it...

But I can sleep anywhere, and I love snow in the winter.

I have a new one to add: I loathe windy weather! I had to go to the dentist this morning, and run one other errand, and it was just awful out. I'm so glad to be home!

My left foot is always first. When I’m putting socks or shoes on, my left foot has to go first. If my left foot slips and misses, and then my right foot goes into the shoe or slipper first, I will pull my right foot out and start over.

I hate things around my neck. Necklaces, t-shirts, hair, I have to pull it away, especially when I’m tired. DD16 does the same thing. I noticed it recently when she was going to bed, she had to pull her shirt away from her neck.

We used to vacation at Clearwater Beach at a motel with a pool. We spent the entire time in the pool. One summer, I refused to allow my entire body to go completely underwater, something had to be outside of the water. At least a hand or foot would have to be out of the water. Doing flips and jumping in was tricky. I had watched a movie earlier in the year and a woman drowned after dropping something into the pool. She held onto the grate in the bottom to keep her under and then her fingers got stuck in the grate and she drowned. Still gives me anxiety.

When I lived with my parents, I had a favorite fork, too. It was unique, nothing matched it at all. It had a skinny handle with flowers on it, I just loved it. If anyone else got it at dinner, I’d swap them.

I wash my dishes before I run them through the dishwasher. And only I know the correct way to do my dishes, wash my clothes, clean my house. Other people have tried to help out with those things but I just go back and "fix" whatever they did. If you want to help me, I'd much prefer that you offer to entertain my kids for me so that I can do the other things myself without that feeling of mommy guilt that I should be watching my kids.
My mother-in-law does this, and then even though she uses "heated dry" she is usually having to dry the dishes because of the way the water pools. I wonder why she doesn't just skip the dishwasher.
I don't think she is "weird" about it...I think she just comes from an era where dishwashers weren't that great.

My cousin lives in a house on Lady Diana Circle. Yes, that Diana. There are also a few similarly named streets in her neighborhood, like Prince Andrew Drive and Princess Anne Court.

We have 3 children, so we're a family of 5.

I HAVE to have things in sets of 3 or 5. 4 is just wrong, wrong, wrong, because it leaves someone out.

For example, when we redid the landscaping in our front yard, we planted everything in sets of 3 or 5. I love flamingos & have a set of Christmas flamingos (2 bigger ones to represent DH & me & 3 smaller ones to represent the kids) & a set of skeleton flamingos for Halloween (3 to represent the kids).

I have 3 framed Audubon prints of coastal birds in our living room. I'd like to add a print of a Roseate Spoonbill, but then that would mean I have 4 prints instead of 3. That can't happen.

We have 3 pets.

I can sometimes convince myself that 2 is okay (because 2 would stand for DH & me) - so there is 1 potted flowering plant on each side of our front door on our front porch, & I'm okay w/ that.

And I'll double 5 of something to make 10, but I can never do anything in 4 or 6 but can do 7 (5 for our whole family + 2 for DH & me = 7).

(Weirdly, my sets of 3 or 5 don't apply to our silverware & dishes. My silverware & dishes have to be sets of 24, & I don't want mix-matched. I need 24 of the same forks, 24 of the same spoons, 24 of the same dinner plates, etc.)

We have Fiesta dinnerware in a multitude of colors (2 of each color), & 2 of the same colors CANNOT touch either in the cabinet.

I hate drinking out of cans, & I want ice in my cold drinks. Don't just pour a Coke in a glass & hand it to me - even if the Coke is cold. I need ice. Cold drinks are just prettier w/ ice.

When I'm eating, I don't have to eat my food in any particular order, but I must alternate & eat everything in some kind of random order. For example, I don't want to end up w/ too many French fries left after I've eaten my cheeseburger - everything must be eaten in such a way that I finish eating each item about the same time. And I want my very last bite to be of whatever is my favorite thing on the plate.

Table settings are very important - if you're going to set the table, do it properly.

I must have hand sanitizer with me.

I can't go to sleep if my hands feel even the least bit dirty or just too not fresh - you know, that feeling you get when your hands haven't been washed, you haven't really done anything that makes your hands specifically dirty, but they just don't feel freshly clean. I'll even get out of bed to wash my hands.

In the middle of the night, I have to turn on the bathroom light if I get up to use the bathroom - not because I'm afraid of the dark or need the light to see. Instead, I'm afraid a snake will be in the toilet, so I have to check first. I'm also afraid of a snake falling on me while I'm taking a shower, so I have to have either DH or one of the kids check the upper ledges of the shower to make sure a snake isn't resting there before I start my shower. I'm not necessarily afraid of snakes (and will look at snakes in zoos & will even pet a snake), but I'm crazy-scared of being suddenly surprised by a snake. For the same reason, I can't clean out our garage or really do anything in our garage besides get in & out of our vehicles parked in the garage - because I'm afraid I'll be surprised by a snake in a corner or under something. Other than spying various snakes in yards or on hikes over the years, nothing snake-y has ever personally happened to me, but I've read things. And my dad once found a snake in their garage.

Oh, & I literally CANNOT STAND the F word for passing gas. I can't say it. I can't even type it out. I won't let my kids say it. I just can't.

My DH won't share food, at all, never.
Want a spoon full of his ice cream, nope...sorry.
Just one french fry, ain't happening...get your own order.
How about just a taste of a new dish, no way...order your own.
He grew up in a house of 4 brothers very close in age. I think the fight for food was real!

I must sleep on the side of the bed closest to a bathroom whether at home or away. I hate navigating in the dark, and must be as close as possible.
Also, I "fix" my eyebrows several times a day. Each individual eyebrow must be laying flat and orderly, and I get them professionally groomed regularly.
Cannot stand wild looking eyebrows on myself or others truthfully.

If I have to drink out of a solo cup - it can only be a clear one or a clear one with a design on it. My friends know this and they either have my stash at their house or not be offended when I bring my own cup.

I will only use certain forks from the drawer - they're pretty much salad forks, I like the tyne size and the weight of them.

I have a brand name food thingy too. French's mustard, Hellman's Mayo, Uncle Ben Rice and Oscar Mayer hot dogs. what makes it even more weird, I will eat other brand when I'm out - but in my house there are no exceptions. NONE.

I will only write in blue gel ink. I carry my Uniball pens with me, where ever I go. I use my pen to sign register receipts too. I will NOT use a black ink pen and if I have to I just sign with a squiggly line, I want no part of it. LOL

I’m the opposite of you. I have to use a black pen to write, even though my favourite colour is blue. I have a stash of black ink pens and if someone in the house takes one to use I will follow up and make sure it gets returned to me.

I keep thinking of new ones..

I can not use a sink if it has leftover bubbles in it. Like, if you wash dishes in the sink and drain the water and leave the bubbles I will rinse the sink out. My mom knows this quirk so when we’re over and she does dishes she always rinses the sink out.

In a public bathroom I can’t use a sink with leftover bubbles. If it’s the only sink available I will rinse it out before I use it. I know I don’t touch the leftovers but it’s like they’re dirty from other people :crazy2:

When I'm eating, I don't have to eat my food in any particular order, but I must alternate & eat everything in some kind of random order. For example, I don't want to end up w/ too many French fries left after I've eaten my cheeseburger - everything must be eaten in such a way that I finish eating each item about the same time. And I want my very last bite to be of whatever is my favorite thing on the plate.

I do the exact same thing. You always have to have your last bite be your favourite bite LOL

I grew up using paper straws and it never was a problem. Because of GERD my days of using straws are over but I never did like the idea of plastic ones or eating using plastic utensils, cup or plates. For me, just like the plastic shopping bags the straws won't be missed.

I'm the opposite. We have 4 "extra" forks that are different from the main set. I like them so much better (I think maybe it's the weight?) and will go out of my way to dig out one of those instead of just grabbing whatever one is on top.

Me too. I have an extra teaspoon that I have no idea where it came from. It doesn't match any of the others. Yet I really like the feel of the handle. So I use it every morning to stir my coffee. :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter