What’s something you’re weird about..

I don't like people I don't know walking right next to me or too close behind me when I am walking up the street. I'll change my gait or step aside to let people pass. There are times it's unavoidable like when I'm leaving a concert or train station where people are filing into or out of a place but if I am just walking pretty much anywhere semi wide open I have to change that situation. It makes DH crazy so I try to curtail it when i am with him I try to deal with it and hope that it selfs correct before I ask him to stop for a second.

Wenrob, I'm the same about the tv volume. It must be even numbers. I thought I was the only one like this.

I have to have all closets, drawers, cabinets closed!! I can't stand having them open at all. I also make my bed before getting dressed for the day; don't leave without it being made up.

I also can't stand anyone walking close behind me; it creeps me out.
Gee, I sound really weird, as I seem to have more phobias than the others on here:)

And I have “ special” small forks and spoons. Ones I purchased at a specialty shop, Sur La Table.

I prefer to use small paring knives to cut almost everything. I feel that larger knives are too unweildy. And I prefer to keep all my fingers. :laughing: And I don't even like serrated knives even though they are supposed to cut some stuff better. Except for certain loaves of bread, which really need a serrated blade, it's always my trusty paring knives for everything.

@kimblebee , it does feel good!

Count me in with the rainbow order re-arranging, using my own blue ink pen when signing, multiple of 2 Goldfish eating, left over bubbles sink washing crew!

@Imzadi , I used to be you. I always used my small paring knife to cut everything. And then I took a series of cooking classes. Now, when I can, I travel with my knives and have no problems using my big, intimidating 8 inch chef's knife or my small 3 inch paring knife, depending on the need.

DH laughed about me and my knives until our last visit to a non-Disney timeshare. They had no knives, other than the table knives in the silverware drawer. And the front desk said that they had none to loan out. If I hadn't brought my knife roll, we'd have been sunk and heading to the store to buy a knife since I cooked while we were there. Odd proportioned veggies don't cut themselves into the size you need for stir fry!

So all you "even volume" people, you'll do 14 instead of 15?

14 is a weird number for me. I like 5 or 10 or 15. I can do 12, I suppose, but never 14 - I'll do 15. 16 is okay, but 15 is better. And, I *might* could do 18 but would rather do 20. Likewise for 22, I'll just do 20, thanks. Instead of 24, I'll do 25.

So all you "even volume" people, you'll do 14 instead of 15?

14 is a weird number for me. I like 5 or 10 or 15. I can do 12, I suppose, but never 14 - I'll do 15. 16 is okay, but 15 is better. And, I *might* could do 18 but would rather do 20. Likewise for 22, I'll just do 20, thanks. Instead of 24, I'll do 25.

I like even numbers or multiples of 5. So 14 or 15 is fine, but I would not leave something on 13 or 17.

House numbers, if longer than two digits, CANNOT have a zero or one in the tens place. i.e., 1107 or 312 are unacceptable addresses. I turned down buying a house I liked because of its inappropriate number. Plus the street cannot have a cutesy, ridiculous name, such as Apple Blossom Drive or Jodi-Lynn Place.
In our city the residential streets all have names; names that relate to the name of the subdivision. One of the neighbourhoods my company builds in is called Redstone. One of the streets in in is called Red Sky Green (cringe). :sad2: You can't make this stuff up.
I totally forgot about addresses! I could never live in a place where the address ends in a 0 or 00. It would just be weird to say ‘I live at seven hundred Smith street’. It just feels incomplete.

I like my address because it’s ten o two street name. I cringe when people call it one thousand two.
You'd be surprised how many people here apply to the City to have the civic address of their homes changed when the numbers don't suit them. Chinese culture in particular has very strong "luck" association to numbers; they either must have or cannot have certain numbers. I think it's 8 they like and 4 they don't like but it might be the other way around

For the record, I would say your address as One-zero-zero-two. It irks the heck out of me when people say four-digit numbers in groups of two. Like if a phone number ends in 1627 and they say sixteen-twenty seven? Am I the only one who misses a beat figuring out which four numbers that is and in what order? :confused:

I’m the opposite of you. I have to use a black pen to write, even though my favourite colour is blue. I have a stash of black ink pens and if someone in the house takes one to use I will follow up and make sure it gets returned to me.

I keep thinking of new ones..

I can not use a sink if it has leftover bubbles in it. Like, if you wash dishes in the sink and drain the water and leave the bubbles I will rinse the sink out. My mom knows this quirk so when we’re over and she does dishes she always rinses the sink out.

In a public bathroom I can’t use a sink with leftover bubbles. If it’s the only sink available I will rinse it out before I use it. I know I don’t touch the leftovers but it’s like they’re dirty from other people :crazy2:

Ha! In my work bag - I have a stash of blue ink pens that I let people use if they "need a pen" I don't even want them back. I carry a few cheapies because NO ONE uses my Uniball Vision Elite. and if for some reason, that is the only pen that someone can use, I hover over them like a hawk.

Our kitchen, hallway, and dining room all have banks of 3 light switches, and all the switches have to be going in the same direction - so if the one on the left is up and the rest are down, I have to fix it so they're all down.

I also have a thing for even numbers on the volume knob or temperature on the thermostat.

I eat goldfish crackers or cheese-its in multiples of two. Same for M&Ms and Skittles, which have to be grouped together in colors (all the red together, all the orange together, etc). I had an instructor in my EMT class watch me arrange my Skittles into groups, then he came by and mixed them all together again - I just gave him a look and started arranging them over again. :)

I prefer salad forks over the big forks, and will wash one to eat with if they've all been used.

You'd be surprised how many people here apply to the City to have the civic address of their homes changed when the numbers don't suit them. Chinese culture in particular has very strong "luck" association to numbers; they either must have or cannot have certain numbers. I think it's 8 they like and 4 they don't like but it might be the other way around

For the record, I would say your address as One-zero-zero-two. It irks the heck out of me when people say four-digit numbers in groups of two. Like if a phone number ends in 1627 and they say sixteen-twenty seven? Am I the only one who misses a beat figuring out which four numbers that is and in what order? :confused:

Eight is considered lucky in China and some other Asian cultures. In Mandarin Chinese the pronunciation for"eight" is similar to that for "wealth." Four is unlucky because it sounds like "death."

No, each digit in a phone number is always pronounced individually. 302 497-1978 is said three-oh-two, four-nine-seven, one-nine-seven-eight. 302 497-3000 would be xxx-xxx-three-oh-oh-oh. NOT three thousand. Same with US zip codes, each number said individually. 19702 One-nine-seven-oh-two. (Those Canadian postal codes are a nightmare. :crazy2:)

Same with US social security numbers, each digit individually. My mother drove me crazy when she said her SS# was xxx-ten-xxxx

For house numbers, however, there are different rules. Groups of two, with a few exceptions.
1548 Fifteen-forty eight.
1002 Ten-oh-two.
1000 Ten-oh-oh or One thousand
32819 Three-twenty eight-nineteen.
114 One-fourteen
10024 One hundred-twenty four

Man, where do I start...

- I refuse to take baths. It grosses me out.
- I'm actually SCARED of mold. If I see mold anywhere (on old food, in showers, etc.), I freak out.
- I won't eat or drink with dishes that I've hand washed. They have to be hand washed and then ran through the dishwasher to sanitize them.
- I'm a picky eater who is slowly getting reformed but I still have some weird tendencies. I try not to let my food touch and there are foods that have to be a certain way (only pickles and ketchup on burgers, for example). Until a few years ago, I needed a different utensil for every type of food on my plate (i.e. one fork for rice, a different fork for chicken, etc.).
- Volume settings have to be an even number so when I'm watching TV or playing music in the car, it must be on an even volume level.
- I will only write in black ink unless I REALLY can't help it.

I've accepted the fact that I most likely have some sort of OCD or something...but it's nice to see others on here feel the same way about some of these!

I only like the open end of pillowcases to face the outside of the bed. If mine or my husband's open end faces inwards, I have to change it.

My husband likes to have fans blowing on him at night. I can't stand to have it blowing on my face, so I have to have him adjust it.

I only like the open end of pillowcases to face the outside of the bed. If mine or my husband's open end faces inwards, I have to change it.

My husband likes to have fans blowing on him at night. I can't stand to have it blowing on my face, so I have to have him adjust it.

I was taught that the pillow case opening should face out when making a bed too.

And I am soooo with you on the fans! - I can't stand too much air blowing on me (see my previous post about windy days) or the noise the fan makes, either!

My van has dual climate control, but both HAVE TO BE on the same temperature. If I click the drivers side temp up a click, then I click the passenger side temp up a click too.

This, too! Though if someone is in the passenger seat, I "allow" them to pick their desired setting (as long as it's an even number or ends in 5) even if it makes me twitch a bit the whole ride. Once the passenger is gone, I hit the sync button to match the passenger temp to the driver temp, but the sync can't stay on (another eccentricity).

I have to sleep on the same side of the bed no matter which bed it is. Home, hotels, family visits...I have to sleep on the side where my right arm is the one on the outside.

For some reason, I sleep on the opposite side of the bed now that I'm with dh than I did when I was growing up. When I'm alone in our bed or a hotel bed, I will still sleep on my current side of the bed. When dh is with me at my parents' house, I sleep on the the same side of him as always. But if I'm alone at my parents' house, I sleep on my childhood side.

We also have the same seats as dinner every night. It drives my DH crazy for some reason, but I grew up sitting in the same seat every night, and have my kids do it now. Apparently in DH's family, it was a free for all, and the kids grabbed the first seat they could find every night.

We've always used the same seats at dinner every night and didn't realize that people didn't. I do now make exception for when the older kids come home with their spouses, since our former seating plan doesn't work.

I would also say each digit separately in the phone number, but it doesn't bother me too much if someone else groups them in twos. And with the address, I'd probably say one thousand two. We lived at 1001 (one thousand one) when I was younger. My current address is a single digit, so I don't have to think about it.

My other number oddity is the year. I was ok with all the 1900s being nineteen-last digits (like 1982: nineteen-eighty two) but I still can't do that with the 2000s. This is two thousand-nineteen. I think I'll be ok starting next year, though, as twenty-twenty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter