What’s something you’re weird about..

When I got married I liked to listen to the radio as I was going to sleep. DW insisted the room be dark and quiet. It took some getting used to, but she finally trained me.

Fast forward years later: now she wants to go to sleep with the TV on in our bedroom. It's taking some getting used to, but she's untraining/retraining me.

Of course, I have no quirks at all. ;)
The things you guys go through..... :p

I thought of two more -

I hate changing clothes multiple times a day. I want to get dressed for the day, and stay dressed until it's time to get into PJs. (I would have been hopeless in a Downton Abbey setting. :rotfl:)

I hate hearing laughter if I don't know what people are laughing about. I must be clued in.

Towels MUST be folded in thirds, and washrags must be rolled for the basket I keep them in
The shower curtains must ALWAYS be closed (to avoid mold growing in folds)
Shoes don't belong on your feet in my house, traipsing dirt everywhere
and I can't get in bed with my street clothes on. at all.

Are these weird? I do them too. It's another level when you don't recognize your own weirdness.

Are these weird? I do them too. It's another level when you don't recognize your own weirdness.

True, but I agree these aren't that weird!

Towels MUST be folded in thirds, and washrags must be rolled for the basket I keep them in
I also fold my towels in thirds - they just fit better on the shelf. (I tend to be lazy on the washcloths, since the basket is in the linen closet, but in the old house, where it was out, they were rolled.) - Conclusion: Maybe weird, but at least with some company. :wave2:

Absolutely not weird! - Avoiding mold is good, and normal.

Also not weird. I have a "shoes off" house, and know lots of people the same way! (I know people on both sides, though, so I don't really think either is weird.)

Not weird, either - If most people went to bed in their clothes, how would PJ manufactures stay in business? So I think you're in the majority on this one.

It is called selective sound disorder-whenever people eat if I hear chewing sounds I can’t take it to the point of being angry.

If someone eats with their mouth open it is like 440 volts of electricity through my brain. I just have to leave the table.

If anyone slurps soup I can’t even begin to tell you how much it disturbs me and again just have to leave the table.

:lmao: I think you may have just won today's "Weirdest Weirdo" award!

Here is a picture of my son riding his bike. 406414

This was during "The Wall of Snow" storm. We got 7 feet of snow in short order.

Here is a link to a time lapse video of the event.

That snow band knifed across our neighborhood. Just a few hundred yards from the image above, there was no snow. Zero, nada, zip. I had to come to central Florida just to get my bearings after that.

Last edited:
Here is a picture of my son riding his bike. View attachment 406414

This was during "The Wall of Snow" storm. We got 7 feet of snow in short order.

Here is a link to a time lapse video of the event.

That snow band knifed across our neighborhood. Just a few hundred yards from then image above, there was no snow. Zero, nada, zip. I had to come to central Florida just to get my bearings after that.

That video is so cool! You usually see rain storms like that, not snow storms. As a ‘Winter’pegger, I feel your pain. I love winter, but, I hate summer. Florida in August sounds deadly.

I feel like kitchen sinks are kind of gross, even if they've just been thoroughly cleaned. I do not have hang-ups about germs or even a need for most other things to be sparkling clean at all times. But I don't like kitchen sinks. I can't even tell you why. I am not similarly freaked out by bathroom sinks and considering people spit toothpaste into those and shave into them , etc., logically it makes no sense that I like them better. But I do. You may all add me to your mental list of weird, wacky people now. ;)

I have a Bluetooth speaker in my dining room for when we have family sit down meals. My Husband and son chew weird. Like there back teeth chomp and make noise idk.. it's so annoying I now just play music while we eat.

I feel like kitchen sinks are kind of gross, even if they've just been thoroughly cleaned. I do not have hang-ups about germs or even a need for most other things to be sparkling clean at all times. But I don't like kitchen sinks. I can't even tell you why. I am not similarly freaked out by bathroom sinks and considering people spit toothpaste into those and shave into them , etc., logically it makes no sense that I like them better. But I do. You may all add me to your mental list of weird, wacky people now. ;)

I think people who aren’t weird are the real weirdos

One more. I will not sit down anywhere in the house in pants or shorts I've worn out and about. I have house pants/shorts and "outside" pants/shorts (always jeans) and never the twain shall meet.

Kinda along those same lines, my mother cannot lie down on a couch because she says it's where people, in her words, "place their bottoms," & she doesn't like it when anyone else lies on a couch in her presence.

"But, mom, they're not sitting there naked. They have on clothes."

"But, still, their bottoms go there, & you're going to put your head where someone's bottom was?"

Regarding lights on or off while I'm sleeping, all the lights can be off in my room, but I have to have some sort of light in the hallway. I need to be able to see into the hallway when I wake up during the night. And, no, I can't sleep w/ our bedroom door closed.

I have to use eggs from the carton from the middle outwards, and evenly on both sides
I can't use the bread closest to the opening. I am literally forearm deep in the bread bag to get the piece I want
I leave the last bite of everything, and the last sip of everything. I am literally incapable of finishing anything. Luckily my partner doesn't mind cleaning up behind me, lol.

Nothing weird about that. It's the ONLY correct way to remove eggs from the carton. DW starts at one end and continues from that side, resulting in an unbalanced carton. I have to rearrange them the proper way.

She also loads the dishwasher wrong but I don't bother correcting her. She will, however, rearrange about 90% of the items I put in it.

Absolutely!!!! My stepdaughters called both grandfathers Pop Pop. It was like fingernails on a blackboard to me. If and when they have kids, I want to be called "Grandfather Ray." "Sir" or "Your Excellency" would also be acceptable.

I also balance out my egg cartons, but I do it differently. I take every other egg from the right then back row, from right to left. (I.E. first egg in the front row, 2nd egg in the back row, 3rd egg in the front row, etc.)

I didn't know I had this "quark" till I got married and had my son. My socks must match. Like the same style and color the way they came in a pack. And ...when my husband or son walk around with only 1 sock on. Literally drives me nuts.

I think it would be more unusual to be okay with wearing socks that don't match perfectly. I don't know anyone personally who doesn't wear a pair of matching socks. I have seen a couple people on here who said their family wears whatever sock they pull out of the laundry basket. I'll keep my opinion on that to myself. :rolleyes1

So those face wash commercials where the woman rinses the face wash off her face with water that she SCOOPS OUT FROM THE BATHROOM SINK???? Nooooo thank you!

I also cannot stand hearing people chew things! It drives me crazy.
I am very picky and absolutely can’t have my food touching. I absolutely hate anything that is two or more foods cooked together ( casseroles). My mother always cooks peas with carrots, I can’t even eat them to be nice. Cooked carrots taste like poison to me. I also don’t like cooked vegetables. I love them raw.
I don’t eat a lot of meat because (other than the fact I don’t like the taste of a lot of meat) it has to be cooked perfectly how I like it. If I think it is undercooked I will vomit. I also cannot stand the smell of meat cooking. When I cook it I usually have to have garlic frying in a pan with butter to overpower the smell of the meat. Yes weird and this is why my husband does most of the cooking.

I also cannot stand hearing people chew things! It drives me crazy.
I am very picky and absolutely can’t have my food touching. I absolutely hate anything that is two or more foods cooked together ( casseroles). My mother always cooks peas with carrots, I can’t even eat them to be nice. Cooked carrots taste like poison to me. I also don’t like cooked vegetables. I love them raw.
I don’t eat a lot of meat because (other than the fact I don’t like the taste of a lot of meat) it has to be cooked perfectly how I like it. If I think it is undercooked I will vomit. I also cannot stand the smell of meat cooking. When I cook it I usually have to have garlic frying in a pan with butter to overpower the smell of the meat. Yes weird and this is why my husband does most of the cooking.
I can’t think of anything that disturbs me more than the sound of people chewing except maybe the sound of people slurping (soup, coffee, tea, etc). Someone eating shelled sunflower seeds is like being waterboarded for me.

Anyone rubbing their hands over denim or corduroy. Gives me the chills.

My husband cannot stand the sound of silverware scraping across plates or bowls. It makes it hard for him to eat if people are doing that a lot. Everyone in our house has learned how to cut or scoop food off a plate without making noise. lol.

I'm really surprised how many people do not close their bedroom door at night. I thought that was a common safety practice in case of fire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter